The Roundtable is Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Roundtable is Moving

(This is also being emailed to all users)

Since being moved from Yahoo in May 2001, the Roundtable has been hosted through Interland, a web-hosting company in Atlanta. I have no serious complaints about the service, but unfortunately, it's far too expensive ($150 every three months) when compared to other hosting providers which offer similar services.

Over the next few days, I will be moving the Roundtable to ZeonHost, which offers very similar services for a much lower price ($150 a year). ZeonHost is also very highly regarded among users of the vBulletin software.

I will be performing the move in such a manner as to minimize disruptions. First, I'll move the Roundtable database to ZeonHost (or one of my own systems) & point the Interland Roundtable there. At the same time, I'll set up another copy of the Roundtable software on ZeonHost and point it at the same database. Lastly, I'll have the domain name moved.

You should not notice anything during the move. While the new name/IP address is propagating across the Internet, you may hit Interland or ZeonHost -- but since both copies will use the same database, you should not notice anything.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at comstock@speakeasy.org (the usual address will not work until the move is complete).

Yes, I know this is taking place over the Alumni weekend, but it's the best time to do it. For a variety of reasons, I'm not spending this Saturday in Denver (as I usually do), and Roundtable utilization is very low over the summer. I give my apologies in advance if there are any noticeable disruptions.

LET'S GO TECH!
    Clarkson '00 (MIS) * WCKN * letsgotech.com
Working...
X