2018 Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Recruits

According to Heisenberg we have a commitment from Liam Ham, LD Aurora Tigers OJHL, 1999 DOB 5'10 185lbs 6th round pick of Niagara OHL....could be a very good one.

Welcome Liam !!

2013 Pick to Click Champion

Huge get, I'm sure he had a lot of interest elsewhere, Aurora is losing a lot this year so I doubt he will be with them as they probably won't be a contender next season but to play as a 16-17 year old at this level is really impressive.

Just to note Jordan Robert, Jamie Collins will probably win this class as well, Cameron Ginnetti also will probably be pushed back as de Haas will be our only senior next season and McCarthy will be coming, potentially Ginnetti comes if someone transfers out but I doubt that will happen because I feel next year the team will be the best we've seen under CJ.

Comment

Jack Jacome might be 2018 too who really really knows but with his size I'm sure he'll play 2 more years of junior hockey maybe one in the USHL?

Comment

Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
        Jack Jacome might be 2018 too who really really knows but with his size I'm sure he'll play 2 more years of junior hockey maybe one in the USHL?
        He is bigger than DiNallo when he was a freshman and way bigger and dirtier than Asselin, I think we got him because we gave him a spot in 2017, JMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
          He is bigger than DiNallo when he was a freshman and way bigger and dirtier than Asselin, I think we got him because we gave him a spot in 2017, JMHO.
          With this you're putting a lot of trust in junior development, with only 4 forwards graduating next season and Cooper, Dickinson, Klack all but locks you have one more forward spot if we continue to roll with 16 forwards that is. What I'm implying is there are a few big fish out there that we are waiting to see on, Jacomes talent is there but the size is not and he's not very built, Jeff DiNallos upper body was no joke, very strong kid despite the size and actually same with Asselin very good core strength from those two that Jacome hopefully develops but isn't anywhere near ready. With the seniors being Boucher, D'Arrisso, Fossen, Josephs you're taking away every day guys to graduation, Jacome is a late 98 being born in December of 1998 if he comes next year he'd be 18 for the first half, those are too rare in Potsdam for me to believe he will come in the fall of 2017. IMO if we have to push him up to get him in for 2017 then so be it but I think it's completely reasonable to have him wait for his 19 year old year and challenge himself in the USHL after another year with the Raiders, if he wants to go USHL after this season I'll completely change my stance but that's doubtful.
          Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 04-08-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

As per twitter, Lady Knights got a commitment from Morgan Helgeson, Roseau, Minnesota. Graduates in 2018, so just assuming it is for 2018, not sure. The USCHO woman's forum likes to poke at Clarkson for having so many Canadian players, looks like the last few recruits are from Minnesota.....careful what you ask for

Comment

Jordan Robert headed to the BCHL - http://www.surreyeagles.ca/ncaa-comm...y-in-2016-2017

Comment

Liam Ham gets selected in the USHL Phase II Draft in round 18 by the Fargo Force

Comment

Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
                  Liam Ham gets selected in the USHL Phase II Draft in round 18 by the Fargo Force
                  So much for Liam Ham.....he just went major junior with Niagara.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                    So much for Liam Ham.....he just went major junior with Niagara.
                    Yeah tough one, should be a really good player.

Comment

2 in 2

Two Liams in two years commit to Tech and then go elsewhere. Loyalty to a commitment seems to be lacking

Comment

Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
                        Two Liams in two years commit to Tech and then go elsewhere. Loyalty to a commitment seems to be lacking
                        Agents. Plus scouts get a finders fee if a kid they recommend signs with the junior club.
                        CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Ryan Bischel of Fargo has been added to the Central Scouting list as a C rated prospect, he's a July '99 birthday so he has plenty of time to develop, one thing that interests me is we do need two goalies added to the roster to take the place of Perry and Runola, Bischel is a long way from stepping on campus even though being the backup at 17 in the USHL is super impressive. I just think it shows how comfortable Casey is with Kielly, Robson I guess could come back and that'd be nice but he'd be the same year as Kielly, one would think a goalie commit just as a safety blanket to Kielly would be locked up soon and then probably a walk-on for the 3rd

Comment

Lady Knights get another 2018 recruit via twitter:

WHockey Commits ‏@WHockeyCommits 2h2 hours ago

Miranda Gaudet (Okanagan Hockey Academy) commits to Clarkson University for 2018-2019 @OkanaganHockey @CUknights

Comment

Lady Knights get another commit via twitter:

Marie-Pier Coulombe, Limoilou Titans, commits for the 2018-19 season

WELCOME!

Comment

Working...
                              X