Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Merrimack is #7, I wouldn’t waste my $$$ being a member

Comment

• NZ struggles to determine who is going to end up in each class, I enjoy their write-ups and usually buy a month at the end of the junior hockey season to get caught up but do not put much weight on their rankings. Staudacher was gone with Roy and probably would've moved on from his verbal commitment regardless when the bigger schools came calling, it was known for awhile he wasn't committed anymore though. He's definitely a tough loss with how good he is but we've rebounded with Kaelan Taylor and Noah Beck who seem to be great gets, it was much needed with the eventual departures of Kuzmeski, Moro, Schneider and with how recruiting is you have to be a few years ahead. If the classes of 2019 and 2020 stay together then they will be strong, 2021 still remains to be seen but you'd think some recruits will start committing soon for that class with Giguere and Martino, nothing is a sure thing but with the additions of Beck, Campbell, Gosselin, Haider, Manikis, McFaul, Richardson, Romano, Silye, Taylor I like our chances for most of them to be successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
        NZ . Staudacher was gone with Roy .
        Just wondering your reasoning for the above statement?

Comment

• Originally posted by ndlax View Post

Just wondering your reasoning for the above statement?
          Primary recruiter, I think if Phil stayed we had a chance with Staudacher but him leaving also gave him a reason to explore other options. I'm sure this current group tried to solidify his verbal commitment but when the big schools come knocking and it's a lot closer to home for his family they win out 99% of the time, we've had our recent success with the flip side of the coin shielding off big schools because of our proximity to Ontario and Quebec so it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post

Primary recruiter, I think if Phil stayed we had a chance with Staudacher but him leaving also gave him a reason to explore other options. I'm sure this current group tried to solidify his verbal commitment but when the big schools come knocking and it's a lot closer to home for his family they win out 99% of the time, we've had our recent success with the flip side of the coin shielding off big schools because of our proximity to Ontario and Quebec so it is what it is.
            Understandable thank you. I just assumed, he was a Josh recruit being from mid west. I didn't realize Phil was the one for him.

Comment

Understandable thank you. I just assumed, he was a Josh recruit being from mid west. I didn't realize Phil was the one for him.
              I'm sure Hauge was in contact with him too but when we were starting to recruit him he was still at prep at Shattucks so Phil probably just happened to be at one of his prep games, liked his game and developed contact from there, I was told he came on an OV with a few kids from Shattucks and one is now over at SLU, the Schumacher kid.

Comment

• Browsing a couple different mock 2019 NHL drafts, I've seen 4 guys mentioned. Campbell, Romano, Haider, and Manikis.

Erik Cole was taken 71st overall in the 3rd round.. Anyone know of a Clarkson player who was taken higher?? I've looked into most the obvious guys and can't find one.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post
                  Browsing a couple different mock 2019 NHL drafts, I've seen 4 guys mentioned. Campbell, Romano, Haider, and Manikis.

Erik Cole was taken 71st overall in the 3rd round.. Anyone know of a Clarkson player who was taken higher?? I've looked into most the obvious guys and can't find one.
                  Steve Warr #61 by Buffalo.

Comment

Steve Warr #61 by Buffalo.
                    Awesome, thanks!

Comment

• Earliest drafted player Jim Laing 3rd round 51st overall
                      Scott Thomas 3rd round 56th overall

Comment

• Originally posted by madstop View Post
                        Earliest drafted player Jim Laing 3rd round 51st overall
                        Scott Thomas 3rd round 56th overall
                        Didn't Laing finish his career @SLU?
                        CCT '77 & '78

Comment

• Laing played 4 years at Tech and the 1 year at Salt Lake in the old IHL and then left hockey

Comment

• Luke Mobley of Fairbanks (NAHL). I don't know if he is for this fall. He's a late '99. https://twitter.com/mobes_15/status/1117842734260334592

Comment

• Welcome Luke!

I imagine he'd be a 2020. Not a lot out there about him. Average numbers in the NAHL.

Comment

• Agreed with FK, have to imagine he's a 2020 with what's already coming in.

Clarkson forward recruits Alex Campbell (43) and Anthony Romano (52) were included in the final Central Scouting Rankings - http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...Rank&year=2019

Comment

Working...
                                X