No announcement yet.

2019 Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf - Campbell (42), Romano (76)

Going to be very interesting how the roster situation plays out you have Robert who has to come in but I don't think should take up any scholarship money, Gosselin is having a great year in his second BCHL season and Silye who is in his 3rd BCHL season is thriving with Penticton. Anthony Romano is looking like a 3rd-4th rounder and is producing in the toughest minor junior league on a very good Sioux Falls team after dominating the OJHL last year when healthy. Last but not least the youngest of the possible options Alex Campbell who is listed as 5'10 151 which is obviously concerning for college hockey and potentially coming in as a true freshman it's even more concerning but he's slippery and extremely intelligent which allows him to see the ice and make plays quickly which is going to help him at any level of hockey. Robert and Silye are going to be bringing that two-way brand of hockey, Silye has developed his offensive game over time as he's adjusted to junior hockey and will probably do the same at the college level but he's extremely responsible all over the ice which is something we will definitely need to add along with all the skill of Campbell, Gosselin, Romano.

If we get all 5 of them in next season I will be surprised which leads to the question who is the odd man out and are they going to be willing to push out another year or will they want to de-commit, none of them are worth losing as they're all great at what the bring to the table. Unfortunately Campbell might have the best odds just from a logical standpoint, he's going to be a potential late 1st or a more probable 2nd round pick, that organization is probably not going to want Campbell to wait a year and play junior hockey again unless he decides to go the major junior route where Sawinigan of the QMJHL currently hold his rights, if his rights get traded for then things will get dicey, I believe he signed a NLI so he can't really explore other NCAA options unless Clarkson permits it. It's all speculation until it is announced, ideally everyone would stay patient, it just would really suck to lose our highest drafted pick in quite some time but if that means Egle/Kielly/Sturm are staying then I'll support him or whoever it may be and hope they have a great career.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
      https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf - Campbell (42), Romano (76)

Going to be very interesting how the roster situation plays out you have Robert who has to come in but I don't think should take up any scholarship money, Gosselin is having a great year in his second BCHL season and Silye who is in his 3rd BCHL season is thriving with Penticton. Anthony Romano is looking like a 3rd-4th rounder and is producing in the toughest minor junior league on a very good Sioux Falls team after dominating the OJHL last year when healthy. Last but not least the youngest of the possible options Alex Campbell who is listed as 5'10 151 which is obviously concerning for college hockey and potentially coming in as a true freshman it's even more concerning but he's slippery and extremely intelligent which allows him to see the ice and make plays quickly which is going to help him at any level of hockey. Robert and Silye are going to be bringing that two-way brand of hockey, Silye has developed his offensive game over time as he's adjusted to junior hockey and will probably do the same at the college level but he's extremely responsible all over the ice which is something we will definitely need to add along with all the skill of Campbell, Gosselin, Romano.

If we get all 5 of them in next season I will be surprised which leads to the question who is the odd man out and are they going to be willing to push out another year or will they want to de-commit, none of them are worth losing as they're all great at what the bring to the table. Unfortunately Campbell might have the best odds just from a logical standpoint, he's going to be a potential late 1st or a more probable 2nd round pick, that organization is probably not going to want Campbell to wait a year and play junior hockey again unless he decides to go the major junior route where Sawinigan of the QMJHL currently hold his rights, if his rights get traded for then things will get dicey, I believe he signed a NLI so he can't really explore other NCAA options unless Clarkson permits it. It's all speculation until it is announced, ideally everyone would stay patient, it just would really suck to lose our highest drafted pick in quite some time but if that means Egle/Kielly/Sturm are staying then I'll support him or whoever it may be and hope they have a great career.
      Awesome insight.. now is it your belief that McFaul still comes in next year on the back end??

Comment

• Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post

Awesome insight.. now is it your belief that McFaul still comes in next year on the back end??
        Yeah I believe the plan is to bring him in and extend our depth with carrying 9 defensemen which you basically have to do if you play 7 D like our staff prefers, like Campoli he probably would've been better off playing in the USHL for Cedar Rapids or at least moving to a better OJHL team, he's actually on a slower pace with his points this season rather than last and had a rough WJAC but he has a lot of upside. As we've seen with Dunne, Hurley, Underwood this season they can already keep up with the pace because they've seen it in the USHL, players become more physically mature and develop their IQ of the game with college hockey but I think Sturm said it in an interview his freshman year the pace is similar to the USHL, obviously that's easy for him to say. I think because of this Romano might be one of the more productive freshmen for us next season, it's shown to help with the transition but there will be exceptions like Tisdale is struggling to keep up so far after a good USHL season but I think he'll be bright spot in the near future.

Comment

• Yesterday, the CJHL (the Canadian Tier I umbrella organization) held its Prospects game. The game was streamed and is on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sVm...ature=youtu.be. From the rosters, three Clarkson recruits played, Beck and Manikas on the east team and Campbell on the west. You probably know better than either Chris Heisenberg or collegecommitments.com when they are expected. I certainly don't know, so this might be all or partially on the wrong thread. I watched the first hour or so before I turned it off. (It was held in the Mountain time zone.)

RPI's only player, John Beaton, scored the first East goal on a tip in.

Box score http://ajhl.esportsdesk.com/leagues/...gameID=1860326. Campbell assisted on the ENG.
          Last edited by ursusminor; 01-23-2019, 04:22 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

• Womens recruits stats. Could not find stats for the defense players. Interesting to note Brooke McQuigge is the sister of Princeton Starting Goalie Rachel McQuigge.
            Player Pos Current Team GMS G A Pts PPG
            MCQUIGGE, Brooke F Whitby Jr. Wolves (PWHL) 31 6 17 23 0.74
            DAVID, Gabrielle F Limoilou Titans (CEGEP) 17 15 27 42 2.47
            MARKOWSKI, Stephanie D Pursuit of Excellence (CSSHL)
            WISNEWSKI, Emily D MN Jr Whitecaps Black U19 (USA)
            BERNARD, Lauren D RYH Selects Academy at BK U19 (ONTC)
            Last edited by vicb; 02-04-2019, 02:41 PM.
            Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
            If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Alice Fillion has decommitted and will be attending University of Ottawa. Pretty certain Audrey-Ann Veillette is still committed, but believe she is coming in 2020 now as opposed to 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by BackyardIce View Post
                Alice Fillion has decommitted and will be attending University of Ottawa. Pretty certain Audrey-Ann Veillette is still committed, but believe she is coming in 2020 now as opposed to 2019.
                Bummer about Fillion (I see on Neutral Zone they list her as an Ottawa recruit) and Veillette (Neutral zone still has her as a 2019) sure would have helped offset the loss of Loren Gabel. I have updated my tables.
                Last edited by vicb; 02-04-2019, 03:15 PM.
                Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Not positive on Veillette, but she wasn't announced with the class of 2023 on twitter, https://twitter.com/CUknights/status...56194047365120, but yet still believe she is committed so assuming in 2020

Comment

• This class is going to be so crucial for sustaining at least some of our recent success, you're probably taking Sturm off next years team (loves Clarkson but he's going on 24 and there are scouts that believe he can play right away in the NHL, you really can't pass that chance up). There needs to be a way to bring in Campbell, Gosselin, Romano, Silye next season, these last few seasons we've had some players among the national leaders in points, I think Egle will be back but so much of his game is created by Sturm, this next class seems to have guys that can develop into that pretty quickly.

I like Callin, Campoli, Collins, Klack, Tisdale and there's a chance with another season they can be counted on to chip in but there's a lot of creativity, skill, and speed coming from the likes of Campbell, Gosselin, Romano that we really need and then Silye just reminds me of someone that will do absolutely everything right and is going to be an awesome 4 year guy.

Comment

• Collins is talented but based on his size, he's getting moved around everywhere and has shown that he can't score. He's a DIII forward at best. Each line can not have a five foot something, one hundred fifty pound something to dominate. Dunne, Callin and Tisdale have impressed me the most in this year's class but they are weak compared to the two D-men brought in...Hurley and Underwood. We needed a real shot of scoring after Dickinson and Rempal left and sadly, this years group has not been giving that other than Dunne, whom I wouldn't be surprised if he's not in P-dam in the fall. I think he may be the next Josh Dickinson and sign away too early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember Walker View Post
                        Collins is talented but based on his size, he's getting moved around everywhere and has shown that he can't score. He's a DIII forward at best. Each line can not have a five foot something, one hundred fifty pound something to dominate. Dunne, Callin and Tisdale have impressed me the most in this year's class but they are weak compared to the two D-men brought in...Hurley and Underwood. We needed a real shot of scoring after Dickinson and Rempal left and sadly, this years group has not been giving that other than Dunne, whom I wouldn't be surprised if he's not in P-dam in the fall. I think he may be the next Josh Dickinson and sign away too early.
                        Dunne will probably get offers but I think he stays for at least another year or two so he can get some of his education out of the way, I feel he's a kid that will get his degree even if he leaves for pro hockey. Agreed Collins can't score but he's full of energy and plays simple, Callin, Campoli, Klack, Tisdale all have more offensive upside to their game but I don't believe any of those guys develop into 40 point guys like a Egle, Rempal, Sturm type. I think Campbell and Romano do have that potential, potentially even Gosselin, now it'd be a lot more likely they do it as upperclassmen but if a nightmare scenario happens and two of Dunne, Egle, Sturm leave there will be a lot of goal scoring holes next season. Now I don't believe that Dunne leaves but the age thing concerns me with Egle, he has a lot tighter window of opportunity compared to Dunne, regardless if these current freshmen stick around this 2019 class will be a great addition to them and if both of those classes get into their upperclassmen years it will be fun to watch, even as SO and JR with Cooper, Jacome as Seniors we should be a damn good team.

Comment

• Anthony Romano (Sioux Falls, USHL) has 15 goals, 15 assists in 40 games for a really good, very deep Sioux Falls team, he also has 4 PPG and 3 GWG, I still think it was a great step for him to play in the USHL and it will help him right away next season.

Alex Campbell (Victoria, BCHL) has recently been seperated from 1st rounder Alex Newhook and has still produced, they play on the PP together but he's on a line with his brother and Merrimack commit Ryan Nolan as of late. Campbell has 21 goals and 40 assists in 50 games, 6 PPG, 12 PPA, 4 GWG, only 6 PIM, he's not physically matured for the college game but his slippery play style will help him transition.

Mathieu Gosselin (Merrit, BCHL) is on the smaller side at 5'9 but it stands out he has 44 PIM and in the times I've seen him play he definitely has a mean streak, he couples that with 18 goals and 36 assists in 50 games, 6 PPG, 13 PPA, 1 SHG, 2 GWG. This year to last was a huge jump for him and he attracted a lot of attention, he's going to add a lot of skill to the team, that should lead him making his linemates better yet is responsible in his own end as well.

David Silye (Penticton, BCHL) is one of the better two-way forwards in the BCHL, very responsible in his own end and plays in all situations with 5 PPG, 10 PPA and pitches in shorthanded with 2 SHG and 1 SHA, overall he has 18 goals and 37 assists in 51 games. Immediately will help our center depth, there will be a few options for the staff down the middle (Callin, Campoli, Cooper, Dunne) but he's someone that will earn ice time I feel.

Jordan Robert (Cowichan Valley, BCHL) is 3rd on his team in points per game with 7 goals, 14 assists in 31 games, 3 PPG, 4 PPA, 1 SHG, 1 GWG, he missed some time with injury but has had a solid season on a team that's struggling.

Dustyn McFaul (Pickering, OJHL) is still struggling to improve on last years totals but is still more of a defensive guy right now anyway at this stage in his development, listed at 6'3 185 so he will need to put some muscle on, he has 3 goals and 13 assists in 46 games along with 1 PPG, 5 PPA, I believe it will be good to get him into Tads strength and conditioning program ASAP.

Comment

• So we figure on losing Sturm, Quince, Juho, and i would not be surprised to see Egle or Dunne leave... we will have Tsekos ready to roll next year, how can we bring in so many forwards??? If Egle and Dunne return, there will be 2 slots to fill... I would have to think Campbell gets put off seeing how he is 17 and weighs 148 pounds...

i know Robert is a local kid, but i really don't see him as an asset to this team...

Comment

• Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post
                              So we figure on losing Sturm, Quince, Juho, and i would not be surprised to see Egle or Dunne leave... we will have Tsekos ready to roll next year, how can we bring in so many forwards??? If Egle and Dunne return, there will be 2 slots to fill... I would have to think Campbell gets put off seeing how he is 17 and weighs 148 pounds...

i know Robert is a local kid, but i really don't see him as an asset to this team...
                              Robert in theory is a non-scholarship player so that will help put scholarship money elsewhere, I think Campbell does get pushed out which ultimately pushes him to make a decision if he wants to dominate the BCHL again or maybe even try a new challenge in the USHL or he will have the option to take the major junior route. Currently his rights are owned by Shawinigan in the QMJHL, I highly doubt he signs for them as they don't have many resources so if he gets moved to a bigger club like Halifax then we could be in some trouble. The NHL team that drafts him will have a long talk about his future after the draft, hopefully it ends up in a positive way for us.

Say Campbell is pushed back and stays Gosselin, Robert, Romano, Silye, Tsekos would be fine to replace whatever we lose. Colleges can divide the scholarship money differently with giving out partials as well so that could be the case here too.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post

Robert in theory is a non-scholarship player so that will help put scholarship money elsewhere, I think Campbell does get pushed out which ultimately pushes him to make a decision if he wants to dominate the BCHL again or maybe even try a new challenge in the USHL or he will have the option to take the major junior route. Currently his rights are owned by Shawinigan in the QMJHL, I highly doubt he signs for them as they don't have many resources so if he gets moved to a bigger club like Halifax then we could be in some trouble. The NHL team that drafts him will have a long talk about his future after the draft, hopefully it ends up in a positive way for us.

Say Campbell is pushed back and stays Gosselin, Robert, Romano, Silye, Tsekos would be fine to replace whatever we lose. Colleges can divide the scholarship money differently with giving out partials as well so that could be the case here too.
                                I hope we don't lose the kid in the long run.. The best thing for us would be if he plays next year in the USHL and gets up to 160 or close.. Imagine another slippery Jacome with some serious wheels but eith the ability to score 10-15 goals right away..

Looks like Romano could easily be the big fish of our next generation of players. I am liking this class coming in, with Silye and Gosselin to compliment Romano, and a good defensive defenseman in McFaul coming in to replace Thow's departure.

With (fingers crossed) Egle returning, Jacome, Cooper back from his nightmarish run of injuries, Dunner/Klack/Callin, and Tsekos stepping in as a 20+ point man at SH, and some talented youth, and a pretty solid D core, we should be super competitve!

hopefully Jake comes back I would be shocked if he didnt.
                                Last edited by CheelFaithful92; 02-24-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X