Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf - Campbell (42), Romano (76)

    Going to be very interesting how the roster situation plays out you have Robert who has to come in but I don't think should take up any scholarship money, Gosselin is having a great year in his second BCHL season and Silye who is in his 3rd BCHL season is thriving with Penticton. Anthony Romano is looking like a 3rd-4th rounder and is producing in the toughest minor junior league on a very good Sioux Falls team after dominating the OJHL last year when healthy. Last but not least the youngest of the possible options Alex Campbell who is listed as 5'10 151 which is obviously concerning for college hockey and potentially coming in as a true freshman it's even more concerning but he's slippery and extremely intelligent which allows him to see the ice and make plays quickly which is going to help him at any level of hockey. Robert and Silye are going to be bringing that two-way brand of hockey, Silye has developed his offensive game over time as he's adjusted to junior hockey and will probably do the same at the college level but he's extremely responsible all over the ice which is something we will definitely need to add along with all the skill of Campbell, Gosselin, Romano.

    If we get all 5 of them in next season I will be surprised which leads to the question who is the odd man out and are they going to be willing to push out another year or will they want to de-commit, none of them are worth losing as they're all great at what the bring to the table. Unfortunately Campbell might have the best odds just from a logical standpoint, he's going to be a potential late 1st or a more probable 2nd round pick, that organization is probably not going to want Campbell to wait a year and play junior hockey again unless he decides to go the major junior route where Sawinigan of the QMJHL currently hold his rights, if his rights get traded for then things will get dicey, I believe he signed a NLI so he can't really explore other NCAA options unless Clarkson permits it. It's all speculation until it is announced, ideally everyone would stay patient, it just would really suck to lose our highest drafted pick in quite some time but if that means Egle/Kielly/Sturm are staying then I'll support him or whoever it may be and hope they have a great career.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
      https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf - Campbell (42), Romano (76)

      Going to be very interesting how the roster situation plays out you have Robert who has to come in but I don't think should take up any scholarship money, Gosselin is having a great year in his second BCHL season and Silye who is in his 3rd BCHL season is thriving with Penticton. Anthony Romano is looking like a 3rd-4th rounder and is producing in the toughest minor junior league on a very good Sioux Falls team after dominating the OJHL last year when healthy. Last but not least the youngest of the possible options Alex Campbell who is listed as 5'10 151 which is obviously concerning for college hockey and potentially coming in as a true freshman it's even more concerning but he's slippery and extremely intelligent which allows him to see the ice and make plays quickly which is going to help him at any level of hockey. Robert and Silye are going to be bringing that two-way brand of hockey, Silye has developed his offensive game over time as he's adjusted to junior hockey and will probably do the same at the college level but he's extremely responsible all over the ice which is something we will definitely need to add along with all the skill of Campbell, Gosselin, Romano.

      If we get all 5 of them in next season I will be surprised which leads to the question who is the odd man out and are they going to be willing to push out another year or will they want to de-commit, none of them are worth losing as they're all great at what the bring to the table. Unfortunately Campbell might have the best odds just from a logical standpoint, he's going to be a potential late 1st or a more probable 2nd round pick, that organization is probably not going to want Campbell to wait a year and play junior hockey again unless he decides to go the major junior route where Sawinigan of the QMJHL currently hold his rights, if his rights get traded for then things will get dicey, I believe he signed a NLI so he can't really explore other NCAA options unless Clarkson permits it. It's all speculation until it is announced, ideally everyone would stay patient, it just would really suck to lose our highest drafted pick in quite some time but if that means Egle/Kielly/Sturm are staying then I'll support him or whoever it may be and hope they have a great career.
      Awesome insight.. now is it your belief that McFaul still comes in next year on the back end??

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post

        Awesome insight.. now is it your belief that McFaul still comes in next year on the back end??
        Yeah I believe the plan is to bring him in and extend our depth with carrying 9 defensemen which you basically have to do if you play 7 D like our staff prefers, like Campoli he probably would've been better off playing in the USHL for Cedar Rapids or at least moving to a better OJHL team, he's actually on a slower pace with his points this season rather than last and had a rough WJAC but he has a lot of upside. As we've seen with Dunne, Hurley, Underwood this season they can already keep up with the pace because they've seen it in the USHL, players become more physically mature and develop their IQ of the game with college hockey but I think Sturm said it in an interview his freshman year the pace is similar to the USHL, obviously that's easy for him to say. I think because of this Romano might be one of the more productive freshmen for us next season, it's shown to help with the transition but there will be exceptions like Tisdale is struggling to keep up so far after a good USHL season but I think he'll be bright spot in the near future.

        Comment


        • Yesterday, the CJHL (the Canadian Tier I umbrella organization) held its Prospects game. The game was streamed and is on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sVm...ature=youtu.be. From the rosters, three Clarkson recruits played, Beck and Manikas on the east team and Campbell on the west. You probably know better than either Chris Heisenberg or collegecommitments.com when they are expected. I certainly don't know, so this might be all or partially on the wrong thread. I watched the first hour or so before I turned it off. (It was held in the Mountain time zone.)

          RPI's only player, John Beaton, scored the first East goal on a tip in.

          Box score http://ajhl.esportsdesk.com/leagues/...gameID=1860326. Campbell assisted on the ENG.
          Last edited by ursusminor; 01-23-2019, 04:22 PM. Reason: punctuation

          Comment


          • Womens recruits stats. Could not find stats for the defense players. Interesting to note Brooke McQuigge is the sister of Princeton Starting Goalie Rachel McQuigge.
            Player Pos Current Team GMS G A Pts PPG
            MCQUIGGE, Brooke F Whitby Jr. Wolves (PWHL) 31 6 17 23 0.74
            DAVID, Gabrielle F Limoilou Titans (CEGEP) 17 15 27 42 2.47
            MARKOWSKI, Stephanie D Pursuit of Excellence (CSSHL)
            WISNEWSKI, Emily D MN Jr Whitecaps Black U19 (USA)
            BERNARD, Lauren D RYH Selects Academy at BK U19 (ONTC)
            Last edited by vicb; 02-04-2019, 02:41 PM.
            Vicb

            Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
            If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

            Comment


            • Alice Fillion has decommitted and will be attending University of Ottawa. Pretty certain Audrey-Ann Veillette is still committed, but believe she is coming in 2020 now as opposed to 2019.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BackyardIce View Post
                Alice Fillion has decommitted and will be attending University of Ottawa. Pretty certain Audrey-Ann Veillette is still committed, but believe she is coming in 2020 now as opposed to 2019.
                Bummer about Fillion (I see on Neutral Zone they list her as an Ottawa recruit) and Veillette (Neutral zone still has her as a 2019) sure would have helped offset the loss of Loren Gabel. I have updated my tables.
                Last edited by vicb; 02-04-2019, 03:15 PM.
                Vicb

                Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

                Comment


                • Not positive on Veillette, but she wasn't announced with the class of 2023 on twitter, https://twitter.com/CUknights/status...56194047365120, but yet still believe she is committed so assuming in 2020

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X