2017-2018 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daredevilcu View Post
    So what are the lines/pairings for next year now that Rempal is gone?
    I'd guess this, things will obviously change, I believe the only set things would be the first line and that Dickinson and Jacome are on a line together

Brosseau - Strum - Egle
    Jacome - Dickinson - Dunne (Dunne being 6'5 can get to the front of the net easily and it will allow Dickinson and Jacome to try and find the open seems, all 3 are very responsible defensively too)
    Charyszyn - Campoli/Tisdale - Campoli/Tisdale (Both Campoli and Tisdale play center for their junior teams but I'd think one gets moved to wing, Charyszyn will have one more year to become more confident, all 3 are good 200 foot players too and Casey loves that)
    Cooper - Quince - Jokiharju/Klack

Jokiharju/Klack
    MacLean
    Collins

15 forwards is not ideal so there could be one more addition IMO, we were quite lucky to not have many significant injuries during this past year, I believe every one of these guys will get in the lineup though, Klack is a good two-way guy and will be a great 4 year player, we know Jokiharju brings speed and if he puts things together he could be a great 3rd or 4th line guy and could add a touch of scoring to those lines hopefully, Collins is a burner and never gives anything but his best effort, MacLean was solid during his time last year, he's very responsible defensively.

Thow - Moro
    Astren - ?
    Hurley - ?

Underwood
    Schneider
    McCarthy
    Kuzmeski
    TBD?

I think Thow could very easily not pair with Moro as I don't think they were great during the stretch run of the season but the season is a grind so they both could've been hurt a bit, either way I think these pairings will be jumbled around all season. Underwood is a promising freshman but if he immediately is inserted into the starting lineup like I believe he could then that's not saying much for our returning defense, I'd like to believe McCarthy and Schneider vastly improve with the puck but that's a lot tougher on those big guys, if McCarthy really hits the weight room and has a big summer I believe his right handed shot would be resourceful playing on the right side. Casey seemed to favor Schneider down the stretch who I thought was great in his own end but when he was under pressure with the opposing teams forecheck it wasn't pretty and there are limitations there. If the staff is planning on recruiting another defenseman I would think they would be primed to compete for a starting spot as well so the defense is not even close to set, the forwards are a little bit easier to take a guess at, we should still expect a top 4 ECAC team and hopefully that leads to success in Lake Placid and in the NCAAs.

Just to take a shot at special teams

PP1: Brosseau - Sturm - Campoli - Astren - Egle

PP2: Jacome - Dickinson - Charyszyn/Dunne/Tisdale - Hurley - Moro

PK: Sturm - Cooper, Dickinson - Jacome, defense will be by a committee as we've seen in the past
    Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 03-31-2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• I just got back from the Army Lacrosse game where I did the ambulance standby and who did I run into but Coach Riley. I was amazed that in a week of over 150 signings, he immediately knew that Rempal signed with the Kings. I'm pretty sure he must eat and breathe hockey. As a member of the D-1 men's hockey committee, he'll be heading out to St. Paul this weekend for the Frozen Four and he was in Bridgeport last weekend for the regional. He said that despite the loss, he was really impressed with how our men played and he said not to worry, that they'd be back in the tournament. Your lips to the hockey gods' ears coach.

Comment

• TWO ALL AMERICAN'S !!! Been a long time since last. Congrats Rempal and Summers

Comment

• Does anyone else find it odd that Summers went to Ottawa on an ATO?

Comment

• I can't find it anywhere he signed? I was assuming he was going to take advantage of his right to talk to other teams as it's the best route honestly, you talk with all the teams that have interest and you can get with your agent and decide the best place to go, he could still sign with Ottawa if they pitch him the right way and have interest.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/OHLinsiders/stat...74054975967232
              https://imgur.com/a/zY9mD

Comment

• https://twitter.com/OHLinsiders/stat...83821947002882

Comment

Working...
                X