2020 Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ndlax View Post
    Kaelan Taylor WELCOME....But who is Dad and Grandfather that played at Clarkson, have to wonder Dave taylor based on youth teams.
    Gotta be....here is the article https://www.dubuquefightingsaints.co...le/show/974937
    2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
      but I know i'm old, Daves dad played at clarkskon?? that I never knew. Unless on mom side.??

Comment

According to several articles on the internet including Wikipedia, Dave Taylor has just two daughters. The article about Kaelan merely states that his father and grandfather went to Clarkson, They probably did not play hockey. It's not like Taylor is a rare name.

Comment

Originally posted by ursusminor View Post
          According to several articles on the internet including Wikipedia, Dave Taylor has just two daughters. The article about Kaelan merely states that his father and grandfather went to Clarkson, They probably did not play hockey. It's not like Taylor is a rare name.
          While Taylor is obviously a common name, the fact that there's a Taylor that's born in Oceanside, California and he plays hockey at a high level has to increase the odds so I completely understand why that was stated.

According to hockeydb there was a Tom Taylor that was active from 1978-1982 and he happens to be from Potsdam and was Craig Conroys uncle (https://clarksonathletics.com/sports...018120450.aspx - stated at the end of the first paragraph) so I would imagine with those ties that could be the link.

Comment

We have a commitment from Noah Beck, big Dman 6' 3" 180 2001 birth year, from St mikes Buzzers. Guessing 2020

Comment

We have a commitment from Noah Beck, big Dman 6' 3" 180 2001 birth year, from St mikes Buzzers. Guessing 2020
              Noah was listed in the preseason draft rankings as #349. He's absent from the midseason 400. He's listed as a 2020 arrival in Potsdam.

Comment

Kostas Mankis now with Toronto Jr Canadiens

Comment

Here is the press release on Beck:

Noah Beck of the St. Michaelís Buzzers (photo credit Ė Amy Deroche / OJHL Images) has confirmed his commitment to join the NCAA Division 1 Clarkson Golden Knights beginning with the 2020-21 season.

Noah joins current teammate Ayrton Martino as a future Golden Knight and continues the recent St. Mike's-Clarkson pipeline of players that has sent Louke Oakley, Troy Josephs and Jordan Schneider to the Potsdam, NY school.

Beck, a native of Richmond Hill, joined the Buzzers this season from the Toronto Nationals AAA midgets. He was a seventh-round pick of the London Knights from the Markham Majors minor midgets in the 2017 OHL draft.

The 6-foot-3 defenceman has 17 assists in 42 games in the OJHL this year.

"Noah has been heavily recruited as a first-year defenceman and has caught the eye of many NHL scouts," said St. Michaelís General Manager and Head Coach Rich Ricci. "Noah has been a great addition to our team. He is a big kid who hasn't filled out yet. A great skater with a very unique escapability."

"A late bloomer with great instincts, I see Noah developing into a premier offensive blueliner at the junior and college level. His trajectory suggests he will be a pro player."

The Ontario Junior Hockey League had more than 135 commitments in 2017-18, including 65 NCAA Division I scholarships.

Congratulations to Noah and best of luck in the OJHL and NCAA!

Comment

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf - Manikis (170) and Beck (210)

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf - Ethan Haider is also ranked as the 16th best goaltender in NA

These guys could get drafted, I think Haider will go he's looking to be a very promising recruit that could come in and do what Kielly did and start as a true freshman, but either way all three have produced at their junior hockey level at an early age. I can't remember having 5 recruits on this list, we are trending in a positive direction with our recent success and it's showing with recruiting our backyard with Ontario and Quebec along with Hauges connections in Minnesota securing us a goalie. We have to remember we got the commitments of Alex Campbell and Anthony Romano back in June of 2017 before they blew up and were on the radar of NHL scouts.

Comment

Ryan Richardson of the Smiths Falls Bears https://twitter.com/SFBears/status/1091378098749272071

Comment

Richardson born 2001 has 12 goals and 17 assists in 40 games

Comment

Great article about Alex Campbell

https://www.victoriagrizzlies.com/vi...eeps-even-keel

Comment

Womens recruits
                            Player Pos Current Team GMS G/GA A Pts/GAA PPG/Save%
                            PASIECHNYK, Michelle G Nepean Jr. Wildcats (PWHL) 23 35 N/A 1.49 0.938
                            LESSARD, Florence F Limoilou Titans (CEGEP) 17 5 6 11 0.647
                            VEILLETTE, Audrey-Ann F Limoilou Titans (CEGEP) 17 15 7 22 1.29
                            BOGDEN, Jaden F St. Albert Slash MAAA (AMAAA) 23 13 14 27 1.17
                            OOSTERVELD, Emily C Oakville Jr. Hornets (PWHL) 30 9 6 15 0.50
                            GOSLING, Nicole LD London Jr. Devilettes (PWHL) 29 8 19 27 0.93
                            Last edited by vicb; 02-04-2019, 02:50 PM.
                            Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                            If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

With losing Kuzmeski, Moro, Schneider that will be a tough to replace but the staffs recent commitments of Beck and Taylor will help out, Carson Pearce has gotten lost in the picture as he committed so long ago so I don't know what the plans are with him. Brosseau and Egle are also projected to be lost this season as well so Kosta Manikis, George Grannis, Ayrton Martino, Ryan Richardson all could potentially come in here so I'll talk about them even though certain players could be pushed back as well.

Frowards

Ayrton Martino (St. Michaels, OJHL) is one of the jewels in this class for me along with Manikis, he's 6th in scoring on his team with 9 goals, 28 assists in 47 games, 1 PPG, 5 PPA. He's only 16 now and will turn 17 in September, he could get pushed back to 2021 but he's a real candidate to come in and be a true freshman, probably will be on the NHL draft radar.

Kosta Manikis (Toronto Jr. Canadians, OJHL) is another great recruiting win for the staff in the GTA, he had 37 games played with Stouffville who was one of the worst teams in the league and had 15 goals, 21 assists, now with Toronto he has 2 goals, 5 assists in 9 games, 4 PPG, 11 PPA between the two teams.

George Grannis (Bismarck, NAHL) had a great HS season last year and transitioned into the NAHL at the end of the season and did well, this season hasn't been ideal for him, in 37 games he has 2 goals, 8 assists, still a solid two-way player and he will be a good glue guy, hopefully the offense picks up next season in the USHL.

Ryan Richardson (Smith Falls, CCHL) another solid two-way player with some good speed, apparently is an extremely hard worker, 12 goals and 17 assists in 42 games in his first full juniors season, it will be interesting to see where he plays hockey next year.

Defense

Noah Beck (St. Michaels, OJHL) teammate of Martino, was recently on the central scouting rankings but could still go undrafted, still seems like he will develop into a great collegiate defenseman and is lengthy at 6'3 181, still has time to put muscle on before hitting campus. He has 53 games, 1 goal, 24 assists, 9 PPA, it will be interesting to see if he takes a jump to the USHL next season next Romano did or stay in like McFaul.

Kalean Taylor (Dubuque, USHL) seems to be another solid get out of the USHL, just today he had his first USHL goal and in the same game he got the winner in OT for his second of the year so he has 2 goals, 3 assists in 44 games, he will have a bigger role next season and should come in ready to play with two full USHL seasons under his belt.

Carson Pearce (Komoka Kings, GOJHL) had injury issues these past seasons and has had quite the journey in junior hockey, after two seasons with Georgetown in the OJHL he went to Odessa in the NAHL to start this season, played 12 games there, registered 1 assist and then moved to the Komoka Kings in the GOJHL where he has 2 assists in 11 games but I can't find anything about him listing his as a commitment. I honestly don't know if he is committed to Clarkson anymore but next season would be his last year of junior eligibility but the GOJHL is a step down from the OJHL so that doesn't seem to be a promising move.

For the goalies committed Ethan Haider (Minnesota Magicians, NAHL) and Jake Mucitelli (Lincoln, USHL) I don't know when they'll be coming in because it will be based on how many years Oldham can play along with if one of Janzen or Latinovich ever decide to potentially leave if they want playing time. Haider is on the radar of NHL teams for the draft and is one of the top goalies in the NAHL in his 1st year of junior hockey. Mucitelli has less than flattering stats on a struggling Lincoln team but has been sensational at times earning USHL goalie of the week earlier in the season.

Comment

Haider is up from 16 to 11 in the NA Goalie Rankings for this upcoming NHL Draft - http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect...Rank&year=2019

Also should welcome Luke Mobley who is our most recent commit after announcing it on twitter today, big 6'2 205 frame that played for the Fairbanks Ice Dogs in the NAHL, 8th rounder of Des Moines in 2018 draft so maybe he will head to the USHL for a year before hitting campus, always good to keep the Minnesota pipeline open.
                                Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 04-15-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X