Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethan Haider goes 1st round, 3rd overall to Sioux City

Ayrton Martino (20 or 21) goes to Madison in the 1st round, 12th overall

Luke Mobley will be headed to Muskegon as they drafted him 14th overall in the 1st round

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I am proud and honored to announce my commitment to play Division 1 College Hockey at Clarkson University! I would like to thank my family, friends, teammates, coaches and trainers for… <a href="https://t.co/wwFnyMcqTe">https://t.co/wwFnyMcqTe</a></p>&mdash; Aden Bruich (@adenbruich73) <a href="https://twitter.com/adenbruich73/status/1130926294693285893?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 21, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Aden Bruich. Neutral Zone says he is for 2020. https://twitter.com/adenbruich73/sta...26294693285893

Comment

I doubt 2020. Just turned 17 in March. BIG 6-3 220 lbs Played for Pittsburgh Pens Elite U 16 this past season Heisenberg says 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
            I doubt 2020. Just turned 17 in March. BIG 6-3 220 lbs Played for Pittsburgh Pens Elite U 16 this past season Heisenberg says 2021
            As an RPI alum and fan, I don't pay that close attention to other teams' recruits, but it would not surprise me if the situation in Potsdam is the same as in Troy, namely that besides for recruits who are in their final year of Junior eligibility, no one, including the coach and player, is sure of when a player will arrive at the time that he commits.

I do agree that 2021 is more likely than 2020, and even later is possible. I subscribe to Neutral Zone and although I cannot post their evaluations, the most recent one from this year's 16U Nationals is quite good, much better than an earlier one from December 2017. Due to his size, he is probably just growing into his body, typical of larger players.

FWIW, RPI recruit Max Itagaki, who is all of 5’'5"”, 150 lb., was given the same overall rating. I hope that they didn't meet on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by ursusminor View Post

As an RPI alum and fan, I don't pay that close attention to other teams' recruits, but it would not surprise me if the situation in Potsdam is the same as in Troy, namely that besides for recruits who are in their final year of Junior eligibility, no one, including the coach and player, is sure of when a player will arrive at the time that he commits.

I do agree that 2021 is more likely than 2020, and even later is possible. I subscribe to Neutral Zone and although I cannot post their evaluations, the most recent one from this year's 16U Nationals is quite good, much better than an earlier one from December 2017. Due to his size, he is probably just growing into his body, typical of larger players.

FWIW, RPI recruit Max Itagaki, who is all of 5’'5"”, 150 lb., was given the same overall rating. I hope that they didn't meet on the ice.
              what star were they rated? as NZ retweet of his committed didn't have a rating which i thought was odd. Totally agree on when they arrive on campus with once add-- his "advisor" is in the loop as well as others you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by ndlax View Post

what star were they rated? as NZ retweet of his committed didn't have a rating which i thought was odd. Totally agree on when they arrive on campus with once add-- his "advisor" is in the loop as well as others you mention.
                Both Bruich and Itagaki were rated 3.75. I was referring, however, to the rating for the tourney, which was B in both cases.
                Last edited by ursusminor; 05-22-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

loving this thread. Subscribed to this one
                  Last edited by bertha; 05-23-2019, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Campbell placed in the top ten in three different drills at the combine. Not bad for 150lb guy.
                    2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

Yeah Campbell has a frame that concerns some but seems to have a powerful lower body based on test results. Campbell along with his brother were at Omaha camp this past weekend but Alex didn’t play in the all-star game due to a minor slash he received earlier on the day.

Noah Beck was at Fargo camp recently along with George Grannis attending Sioux Falls camp.

Comment

Neither Martino or Manikis went to Madison’s camp.

Comment

So as always things can change with players becoming ineligible, switching commitments, players leaving early, etc.....but I guess we now have to assume Charlie Campbell will be in next years recruiting class, he hasn't announced a commitment of any sort but that really doesn't matter, maybe he's going to be coming in as a preferred walk-on type, which if so that's a solid add and should help ease his younger brother into the college game.

Lose: Brosseau, Egle, Kuzmeski, Moro, Marotte, Schneider

Add: Beck, Campbell, Campbell, Mobley, Taylor, Haider, probably will find a D to fill that spot during the season or the transfer portal is now a real possibility.

Comment

http://bit.ly/2LiDNMO

Manikis will play for Victoria in the BCHL and is set for the fall of 2020 but obviously things can change, they lose a lot but are still a top BCHL program and develop players at a high level, love our pipeline with Penticton and Victoria.

Comment

https://www.pentictonvees.ca/2019-20...ht-david-silye - Silye will be headed back to Penticton, can only speculate but for me it seemed the situation would've been if Charyszyn wanted to transfer to another school we could've gotten Silye in but now there's probably not any scholarship money available. I mean I could be way off but to have only 15 accessible forwards with multiple forwards that have had serious injury issues over the past few years it just seems like a red flag. But then the question becomes will it be the same next season most likely because Charyszyn will be on pace to finish his schooling. I'd like to think Charlie Campbell, Robert and whoever else not being on scholarship or only on partials could help

It will also be interesting to see if Oldham and Tsekos have one or two years of eligibility and obviously if they have a good season and they graduate it could make sense for them to move on if they feel there are professional opportunities. Either way we lose Brosseau and Egle and who knows could have a big year and leave early (most likely candidate has to be Dunne) so that's a lot of offense we will be or potentially could lose, Klack played an extra year in Penticton and he made an immediate impact and I could see the same from Silye. Forward group of Campbell, Campbell, Mobley, Silye brings a lot of different variables and if the staff need to bring in others to replace a lot of scoring then I trust they have a few guys in mind.

Comment

Manikis has signed with Sudbury in the OHL, tough loss that must’ve happened very recently because earlier in the summer it was announced he was going to Victoria in the BCHL

Comment

Working...
                                X