2020 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
    Manikis has signed with Sudbury in the OHL, tough loss that mustíve happened very recently because earlier in the summer it was announced he was going to Victoria in the BCHL
    Damn. Huge loss...

Comment

As suspected, Charlie Campbell, Alex's brother, officially commits to Clarkson.
      2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

Just wanted to give some updates on our recruits. I will do 2021 and 2022 this weekend, I'll also do both goalies on here later but who knows who is going to be the guy brought in (Haider or Mucitelli).

David Silye (Penticton, BCHL) - Nice start to the season with 3 goals and 6 assists in 10 games, Penticton is by far the best team in the BCHL and probably the best minor junior team in Canada, they would put up a good fight in the USHL, he's their captain and he plays in all situations even with a loaded team.

Luke Mobley (Muskegon, USHL) - Seems Muskegon thinks very highly of him as he's on their top line playing with an explosive Russian winger that's draft eligible that was in Muskegon last year as a 2002 and he put up good numbers, Mobley is benefitting from that and hopefully builds off his good start, in his first game he got nothing but in the last 3 he has a goal in each game, 3 goals, 0 assists in 4 games. Mobley has great hockey sense and really likes to get to the front of the net as a big power forward all while still playing with pace.

Alex Campbell and Charlie Campbell (Omaha, USHL) - I'm lumping them in together because it doesn't seem like they'll get much of a chance to play together, Charlie is used all over the lineup and one game was out of it after being the 13th forward the game before, Charlie has 0 goals, 0 assists in 3 games. Alex on the other hand seems to be adjusting to the league fine, he has 1 goal, 2 assists in 4 games and will need to continue to produce if Omaha is to be good, a lot of line juggling for him so far, hopefully they settle into something and he can build some chemistry.

Kaelen Taylor (Dubuque, USHL) - Was named assistant captain in the offseason and will be looking to have an increased role this year on a veteran Dubuque team. 1 assist so far through 3 games but Dubuque is a great organization that really coaches up their players so he should come in next season and be ready to compete for minutes with the 3 senior defenders graduating this season.

Noah Beck (Fargo, USHL) - Has played in all 3 games for Fargo after making the jump from the OJHL, no points registered yet, like Dubuque it's a proud program that has a great development model and anytime you make the jump before going to college it's going to help with pace of play and making decisions at higher speeds. I could also see the plan is to bring in older players and letting Beck take his time developing, he's only a 2001 and 2 years in the USHL isn't going to hurt.

Comment

Alex Campbell just had a two goal game the other night including one real nice goal, Charlie notched his first USHL point with an assist.

Ethan Haider (Sioux City, USHL) - 6'3" 209 pound frame that was a 4th round pick of the Predators. Is the clear number 1 for Sioux City of the USHL, 2-2-0 record with a 2.96 GAA and a .895 save percentage. Just was named USHL goaltender of the week with a 27 of 28 save effort against Omaha.

Jacob Mucitelli (Lincoln, USHL) - 6'3" 188 pound frame and seems to be the #1 for Lincoln in the USHL. He's 2-1-0 with a 3.67 GAA and a .863 save percentage.

With the USHL, they are getting talent from everywhere, especially international that are looking to take the USHL to College development path, so I'm not looking too much into the early numbers, they are both good goaltenders with NHL size and will battle it out whenever they get on campus, whoever the staff decides to bring in next season will push for immediate game time, I know Haider is younger but he dominated the NAHL last season in his first junior season, I'm sure he will have a good year for Sioux City, being drafted by Nashville they can push to sign whenever they want and NHL draft pick goalies always seem to leave early, so getting him on campus ASAP seems ideal if he continues on this development path.

Comment

Charlie Campbell is no longer listed on Omaha’s roster, it’ll be interesting to see what will happen with both Alex and Charlie, Alex is the clear best player on a not so great team in Omaha.

Comment

Charlie Campbell now is on the Cornwall Colts roster.

Comment

Former SLU recruit Jordan Power, D USHL, has committed to Clarkson for next year. 2nd in the USHL in assists for a D man.

Comment

So we lose 3 D, I think if McCarthy bolts a year early it’s nice to already have USHL defensemen lined up. Hurley - Underwood, Power - McCarthy, McFaul - Beck, 7th D Taylor, hopefully Astren comes back from back to back season ending injuries, that’s tough to do but doable like Cooper. If we lose McCarthy early and then Astren can’t return, that’s going to be an awfully young group of defensemen next season, but I love the upside, maybe not many game changers but good pucker movers that are sound and have put up with the pace of the USHL which is similar to college. I feel Hurley and Underwood came in the most prepared of our group now, maybe McFaul or Moro back a few years ago but it sure is nice to get ready to play from day one defensemen.

Haider has to be the goalie coming in, in theory we get him for 3, he’s successful, Nashville pushes to sign because they don’t want to lose his rights, then Mucitelli gets another year in the USHL. He comes in backs up Haider for 2 and starts his final 2 if he can produce results. He was supposed to be the guy this season but kind of got beat out already by a hot goalie, that can flip flop in juniors a lot but he hasn’t been great statistically speaking in his showings. Haider is legit, I like Marotte but I don’t think it’s crazy to say Haider could be the better of the two goalies currently which doesn’t bode well for Oldham but it’s be a battle, very similar to what Harvard has on their hands this season with Gornet the SR and Gibson the drafted FR.

Only have 15 forwards we are carrying, lose two crucial seniors in Brosseau and Egle, that’ll be a tough blow. Dunne depending on how the year goes could bolt as well. Just because they’re aging out of juniors Mobley has to come in, Silye has to come in, Charlie Campbell has to come in which means his brother hopefully comes in (Charlie I’d imagine is a preferred walk-on type). If we replace those 2 with those 4 I think that’s a pretty nice swap, we improve a lot in terms of depth. It’s never easy to replace senior leaders like we have to but again Jacome - Tsekos - Romano can stay in tact, Dunne anchors a line probably with Campbell and maybe a senior that can score like Cooper. We have options and we won’t be going anywhere, it’s interesting to think about who is the best team in the last 3 years, I think there’s an argument for next years team to be the best of the bunch if everyone stays.

Comment

So from last year Alex Campbell and David Silye signed their NLI, this year from social media Haider signed, Mobley signed, Taylor signed, nothing from Fargo for Beck, nothing from Lincoln for Mucitelli or Power, nothing from Cornwall on Charlie Campbell either.

Comment

So from last year Alex Campbell and David Silye signed their NLI, this year from social media Haider signed, Mobley signed, Taylor signed, nothing from Fargo for Beck, nothing from Lincoln for Mucitelli or Power, nothing from Cornwall on Charlie Campbell either.
                      I get confused about this whole NLI signing, From what I understand you only sign the NLI if you are going to receive scholarship money the next year, maybe that i why C. Campbell didn't sign, but it does not explain why Martino signed if he is coming in 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

I get confused about this whole NLI signing, From what I understand you only sign the NLI if you are going to receive scholarship money the next year, maybe that i why C. Campbell didn't sign, but it does not explain why Martino signed if he is coming in 2021.
                        From what I get from it there’s a document that can defer you a year, I believe that’s why if teams push out a player and the player doesn’t agree they are then free from their NLI.

For our case players develop at different speeds so maybe the coach just thinks they need another year, like Klack and now Silye. For Alex Campbell’s purposes I’d imagine it was to try and lock him down so nobody else can poach him away.

I’ll try to look into it tonight and give a more thought out answer.

Comment

On the women's recruiting trail this is what I have

Could not find stats on Winn or Swiderski
                          Year Name Pos School Games Goals Assists
                          2020-21 BOGDEN, Jaden F St. Albert Slash MAAA (AMAAA) 6/12 1 3
                          2020-21 LESSARD, Florence F Limoilou Titans (CEGEP) 12/12 3 9
                          2020-21 OOSTERVELD, Emily C Oakville Jr. Hornets (PWHL) 10/17 5 3
                          2020-21 GOSLING, Nicole D London Jr. Devilettes (PWHL) 10/13 4 6
                          2021-22 GOODWIN, Jenna F St. Albert Slash MAAA (AMAAA) 12/12 6 3
                          2021-22 BRANTON, Gretchen F Wayzata HS (MN-HS) 4/4 5 3
                          2021-22 FRENETTE, Laurence F Stanstead College (JWHL) 14/19 8 10
                          2021-22 WINN, Haley D RYH Selects Academy at BK U19 (ONTC)
                          2022-23 MATTHEWS, Sloane F Wayzata HS (MN-HS) 4/4 3 3
                          2022-23 SWIDERSKI, Sara D Greater Vancouver Comets MAAA (BCMML)
                          2022-23 HULL, Paige D Whitby Jr. Wolves (PWHL) 16/16 3 3
                          Year Name Pos School Games GAA Saves%
                          2020-21 PASIECHNYK, Michelle G Nepean Jr. Wildcats (PWHL) 10/15 1.16 0.949
                          2022-23 MINOTTI, Julia G John Abbott Islanders (CEGEP) 3/14 2 0.913
                          Note: Games are Games Played by Player/Overall Games Played by Team.

Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                          If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            On the women's recruiting trail this is what I have

Could not find stats on Winn or Swiderski
                            Year Name Pos School Games Goals Assists
                            2020-21 BOGDEN, Jaden F St. Albert Slash MAAA (AMAAA) 6/12 1 3
                            2020-21 LESSARD, Florence F Limoilou Titans (CEGEP) 12/12 3 9
                            2020-21 OOSTERVELD, Emily C Oakville Jr. Hornets (PWHL) 10/17 5 3
                            2020-21 GOSLING, Nicole D London Jr. Devilettes (PWHL) 10/13 4 6
                            2021-22 GOODWIN, Jenna F St. Albert Slash MAAA (AMAAA) 12/12 6 3
                            2021-22 BRANTON, Gretchen F Wayzata HS (MN-HS) 4/4 5 3
                            2021-22 FRENETTE, Laurence F Stanstead College (JWHL) 14/19 8 10
                            2021-22 WINN, Haley D RYH Selects Academy at BK U19 (ONTC)
                            2022-23 MATTHEWS, Sloane F Wayzata HS (MN-HS) 4/4 3 3
                            2022-23 SWIDERSKI, Sara D Greater Vancouver Comets MAAA (BCMML)
                            2022-23 HULL, Paige D Whitby Jr. Wolves (PWHL) 16/16 3 3
                            Year Name Pos School Games GAA Saves%
                            2020-21 PASIECHNYK, Michelle G Nepean Jr. Wildcats (PWHL) 10/15 1.16 0.949
                            2022-23 MINOTTI, Julia G John Abbott Islanders (CEGEP) 3/14 2 0.913
                            Note: Games are Games Played by Player/Overall Games Played by Team.
                            Whatever happened to
                            VEILLETTE, Audrey-Ann

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

Whatever happened to
                              VEILLETTE, Audrey-Ann
                              She decommitted and decided to stay in Canada and play Canadian College Hockey with the Carabins of the University of Montreal from an article I read.

https://www.journalexpress.ca/2019/0...-les-carabins/

https://translate.google.com/transla...e/&prev=search
                              Last edited by vicb; 11-19-2019, 08:25 AM.
                              Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                              If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Power signed his NLI. It was on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X