Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ON THE ROAD AGAIN....TO QUINNIPIAC IN HAMDEN, CT, AND THEN TO PRINCETON IN NEW JERSEY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ON THE ROAD AGAIN....TO QUINNIPIAC IN HAMDEN, CT, AND THEN TO PRINCETON IN NEW JERSEY

    Friday, February 2, 2018 2:40 PM

    Looking at Nate Owen, the ECAC blog reporter's choices for the Golden Knights this weekend, there are no scores listed on USCHO. Instead, Nate simply chooses Clarkson to defeat Quinnipiac because CU has greater depth. For the Saturday knight game at Princeton, Nate again selects Clarkson to defeat the Tigers because the Golden Knights have a better defense. Those are intelligent choices!

    That being said, I agree with the choices! Any opinions from anyone else?

    PS: Good luck to Union College toknight

    KNOW NO LIMITS, CLARKSON GOLDEN KNIGHTS

  • #2
    Tech at PU

    I know I always get nervous when we play at Baker Rink.

    Comment


    • #3
      Scouting the enemy according to Quinny

      http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...n-knights.html

      Hopefully Clarkson plays as good as this guy thinks they are.
      Vicb

      Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
      If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BillG View Post
        I know I always get nervous when we play at Baker Rink.
        You and me both. Will see what happens tomorrow. My wife and I will be there freezing our you know whats. Ah, reminds me of those cold winter knights at Walker.

        Vicb

        Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
        If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Scouting the enemy according to Quinny

          http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...n-knights.html

          Hopefully Clarkson plays as good as this guy thinks they are.
          The good news: Crystal clear video on ESPN3 and I'm in the middle of nowhere on the Big Island of Hawaii (no complaints about that!)
          The bad news: After 1, down 1-0 and so far looking like the relative slow motion of the last several games. Outshot 8-7

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Steelyjim View Post
            The good news: Crystal clear video on ESPN3 and I'm in the middle of nowhere on the Big Island of Hawaii (no complaints about that!)
            The bad news: After 1, down 1-0 and so far looking like the relative slow motion of the last several games. Outshot 8-7
            Halfway through, down 2-0, outshot 11-9.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Steelyjim View Post
              Halfway through, down 2-0, outshot 11-9.
              Less than a minute to go in the 2nd and now down 3-0. Miracle comeback anyone?

              Comment


              • #8
                Sitting here in Merryland watching this season implode in HD does not make me want to make the trek to Prinny tomorrow.
                Vicb

                Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

                Comment


                • #9
                  Friday, February 2, 2018 8:35 PM

                  We are just getting home from dinner, and I am in a state of disbelief. What on earth is wrong with our team? Being behind 3 ~ 0 to Quinnipiac bodes poorly for Clarkson's opportunity to return to the level we want them to play at. Where are our goal scorers? Better luck to the Golden Knights in Period 3.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Quinny 4 Clarkson 1

                    What can one say. Every team is playing their best against Clarkson. Kielly would like that first goal back,went under his arm pit into the net. 2nd goal he had no chance. Bad defensive breakdown by a number of knights. Third goal Thow gets beat up ice and I don't think Jake was positioned very well as he got beat short side over his glove. 4th goal was an ENG.

                    Having the first goal called back on a review of an offside really hurt. Game would have been 2-1.

                    On to Prinny tomorrow.
                    Vicb

                    Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                    If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      What can one say. Every team is playing their best against Clarkson. Kielly would like that first goal back,went under his arm pit into the net. 2nd goal he had no chance. Bad defensive breakdown by a number of knights. Third goal Thow gets beat up ice and I don't think Jake was positioned very well as he got beat short side over his glove. 4th goal was an ENG.

                      Having the first goal called back on a review of an offside really hurt. Game would have been 2-1.

                      On to Prinny tomorrow.
                      Were you there Vicb? We were in Section 115 Row 7. Agree on the second goal. Clarkson clearly had the superior team but did not seem to respect the Q. It cost them bigtime.

                      But this Clarkson team is just so poised and skilled. Maybe that is part of the problem. At least a half a dozen times the forwards insisted on dangling over the blue line with the result that the puck came back the other way. Just dump the damn thing in and get it deep in cases that look a bit iffy. Keep the feet moving, anticipate. In their own end they were completely reactive. And the odd man rushes given up made you want to tear your hair out. The Knights simply are not a tournament team right now.

                      But they could get back on stride. The talent is incredible.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I was hoping this team might get a chance to play in April. Now, it seems March may not even happen.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          Having the first goal called back on a review of an offside really hurt. Game would have been 2-1.
                          That goal would have counted at Cheel. No way the refs could review an offside with WCKN's crappy video.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dave techer View Post
                            That goal would have counted at Cheel. No way the refs could review an offside with WCKN's crappy video.
                            The video tonight for the CU Women's game was significantly improved vs. previous weeks (unlike the men's team).

                            Not sure, now, if I'll even watch the Cornhole game next week, which I was thinking to drive up for...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              WHAT????? The first goal was taken away because of an offside that should have been called LONG before the actual goal was scored? That is outrageous. Are we SURE about that? Since when is offsides reviewable? In all conferences, it's an NCAA thing? When was that rule instituted, because that is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of.

                              I was there although it was at the other end. We simply assumed it was a man in the crease or interference with the goalie type thing. I simply am blown away that offsides might be reviewable.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X