Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ON THE ROAD AGAIN....TO QUINNIPIAC IN HAMDEN, CT, AND THEN TO PRINCETON IN NEW JERSEY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    WHAT????? The first goal was taken away because of an offside that should have been called LONG before the actual goal was scored? That is outrageous. Are we SURE about that? Since when is offsides reviewable? In all conferences, it's an NCAA thing? When was that rule instituted, because that is the most asinine thing I have ever heard of.

I was there although it was at the other end. We simply assumed it was a man in the crease or interference with the goalie type thing. I simply am blown away that offsides might be reviewable.
    It was announced in the rink as disallowed for Too Many Men. But, we didn't get a penalty for it after the disallowed goal.

?????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by daredevilcu View Post
      It was announced in the rink as disallowed for Too Many Men. But, we didn't get a penalty for it after the disallowed goal.

?????????????????
      It was an offside call. The ESPN crew noticed it right away, though the replay they showed was inconclusive in my opinion. They put 15 seconds back on the clock, so it only makes sense.

Comment

Did somebody tape this thing? I cannot believe that you can review for offsides. The puck had been in the zone for several seconds!! I did not hear an announcement in the rink other than NO GOAL!! The Q fans went bananas at that, actually when the ref waved it off after review.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
          Did somebody tape this thing? I cannot believe that you can review for offsides. The puck had been in the zone for several seconds!! I did not hear an announcement in the rink other than NO GOAL!! The Q fans went bananas at that, actually when the ref waved it off after review.
          I was not at the rink, Dick. The quality of the video and replay system they have with a couple of different cameras allows one to see each of the goals scored really well, unlike our crappy system. The video from the CCT women's game was much improved however the video and replay is still light years behind the quality of the video from RPI and Quinn.

On the no goal, the Quinny announcers said off sides right away as the play was happening. Their replay was at a bad angle so you could not tell. As for the too many men on the ice because of that play, I am in disbelief. Why we did not get a penalty because of that leaves me scratching what little hair I have left on top. Anyway, can't do nothing about it now. On to Prinny where they are scoring goals in bunches.
          Last edited by vicb; 02-03-2018, 07:43 AM.
          Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
          If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Saturday, February 3, 2018 9 AM

Well last knight's game was sad and sorrowful. In their last five games, the Golden Knights have compiled the following dismal and disappointing record: one win, two losses, and two ties. Casey referred to the fact that not everyone on the team was playing sixty minutes. The first Clarkson goal was nullified by CU having too many men on the ice...what terrible timing. In addition to that disaster, the announcers declared this was the best game Quinnipiac had played all year; that statement is probably true for other teams we have faced recently.

Now we know what the problems have been....the huge question is how do the coaches and players elevate themselves to the competency level they achieved during the first semester? The first thought that comes to my mind is to start our freshman goal tender Nicholas Latinovich. In his only ECAC start, he shut out RPI by a 3 ~ 0 margin.
            If anyone has other suggestions, please feel free to mention them.

Not many good things to relate about our heroes and their helpers last knight. Quinnipiac, scoring three goals in the first two periods, began Period 3 with 3 ~ 0 lead.

1. Clarkson did score their only goal on a power play midway into Period 3. Kevin Charyszyn was standing in the right place, right in front the Quinnipiac net, when a rebound appeared. Kevin shot the puck into the net. Jack Jacome and Terrance Amorosa were awarded assists on this goal.

Before Clarkson pulled Jake Kielly, Kelly Summers blasted the puck towards the goal, but his shot rang off the crossbar. Clarkson played with an empty net for one minute and fifty-four seconds until QU finally scored an empty net goal to win this game 4 ~ 1.

It is heart-breaking and frustrating to see our team falling into this abysmal funk. Perhaps toknight the Golden Knights can.....

TERROIZE THE TIGERS

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
              As for the too many men on the ice because of that play, I am in disbelief. Why we did not get a penalty because of that leaves me scratching what little hair I have left on top.
              Well, no one went to the box, and the box score does not reflect a penalty then; so, I assume it was an announcer error and the goal was waved off because of offsides called on review. Which brings us to my original question ....

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                I was hoping this team might get a chance to play in April. Now, it seems March may not even happen.
                Not for nothing, but every time I read one of your posts, I run around looking for a rope and a branch.
                2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

It was too many men on the ice that resulted in the no goal, there was no penalty given because you can't give a penalty after the fact on the review, you can check and see if something was a 2 or 5 but can't call a penalty after the fact.

Comment

RPI is currently ahead of Cornell 2-0 in the 2nd period, which if Clarkson can hold on for a win at Princeton helps things greatly.

Comment

I'm just going to go ahead and say it, we look like a .500 hockey team and LP is definitely in question. Next weekend could get ugly but I'd like to think we play a lot better than that at home.....

Comment

If this team can't get up for Cornell, the #1 team in the country, in our barn, and arguably our second most hated rival... I don't even want to think about that.

Comment

I didn't listen to the game but the boxscore is ugly. 3 and 13 with a -3 and on the ice for all 4 goals. Out of curiosity, how did PU get the two 10 minute misconducts?

Comment

Unpopular opinion: Pierog, Quince, and Gervais have to find the back of the net. Our top 2 lines are the only ones who have any kind of scoring consistency. It's unacceptable that our captain upperclassmen can't find the back of the net against other teams' third and fourth best defensive lines, and second/third defensive pairings. It puts more pressure on the top lines to score, and allows the other teams to practically ignore that line amd rest their better defensive players to key in on our top lines.

Time to step up guys, you are the leaders and for two if you, it is your last chance to make a real run. Get it together and support the underclassmen who have propped you up to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                              I didn't listen to the game but the boxscore is ugly. 3 and 13 with a -3 and on the ice for all 4 goals. Out of curiosity, how did PU get the two 10 minute misconducts?
                              The first one, the PU player told Bryan Hicks that his investment in bitcoin was a bad idea and what would he do now that his retirement account was worthless.

The second one was a spirited dissent of Mr. Hicks' s visual acuity. Hicks was still ticked about his retirement and had a really short fuse.
                              CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Prinny 4 Clarkson 3

Well for I think the second time all year, Clarkson loses a game that they are leading going into the 3rd period. Sigh.

Sat at the one end of the rink as always. Clarkson dominates the first 5 minutes of the period but is shooting at the far end goal so really did not see Egle's pp goal that gave the team a 1--0 lead. The rest of the goals were scored at our end of the ice.
                                Princeton's first goal, Gervais wins a faceoff cleanly to the backboard but Moro is outworked by a Princeton forward who passes the puck across the crease to a forward in the slot and the guy roofs one into the upper part of the net. Kielly had no chance.
                                Princeton's second goal, Clarkson cannot stop their cycle in the corner and behind the net, can't get the puck out of the zone and once again it eventually winds up on a Princeton forwards stick in the slot and he rifles a wrist shot over Kielly glove and into the net. 2nd goal he had no chance on.
                                Clarkson's 2 goals in the 2nd period were hard work down low, crashing the net. Dickinson gets the 2nd pp marker to tie the score and then he feeds a crashing to the net Charyszen who deposits the puck 5 hole on Ferland into the net for a 3-2 lead.
                                Could have broken the game open but could not convert on a 1 minute 5 on 3 pp.
                                Going into the 3rd period leading 3-2 and for the first 13 minutes they play perfect hockey, clearing the zone, tape to tape breakouts, breaking up Prinny rushes and had some good chances but could not get a 4th goal. Then with about 7 min to go it happens. Forwards get caught up ice, Princeton breaks into the zone and crashes the net, Kielly makes a terrific save but can't control the puck, the defense can't clear it and it ends up in the back of the net by a crashing Princeton forward. Now Princeton begins to put more pressure on and in a scramble in front of the net Gervais hauls down a Princeton player to prevent a score and gets called for it. Once again, Princeton on the PP works the puck around, Kielly makes a terrific pad save on a shot from the slot but the puck goes behind him and is lying in the crease. A Clarkson player and Princeton player crash into the crease and I think the puck goes into the net off the skate of the Princeton player. Game over. The last 5 min Clarkson did not have a good chance to score.
                                I thought the team played with a lot heart and really worked their butts off. Unfortunately, every mistake they made ended up in the net.
                                Time for bed.
                                Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                                If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X