X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech vs Corenll & Colgate in Potsdam

Nate Fournier predictions for this weekend:

Cornell at Clarkson
    The game of the weekend in the ECAC and one of the few Top 20 games in the nation this weekend. The Golden Knights defeated the Big Red in December 4-0 in Cornell. Both teams are coming off losses. I will take the home team. Clarkson is victorious.

Colgate at Clarkson

This is another intriguing contest on the docket as two of the top goalies in the conference should be going at it. The Golden Knights won back in November 5-2, but I donít think they will score five again, but need to put a couple in early on Point or the Raiders will have a puncherís chance. Golden Knights win.
    Last edited by BillG; 02-09-2018, 06:43 AM.

Originally posted by BillG View Post
    Nate Fournier predictions for this weekend:

Cornell at Clarkson
    The game of the weekend in the ECAC and one of the few Top 20 games in the nation this weekend. The Golden Knights defeated the Big Red in December 4-0 in Cornell. Both teams are coming off losses. I will take the home team. Clarkson is victorious.

Colgate at Clarkson

This is another intriguing contest on the docket as two of the top goalies in the conference should be going at it. The Golden Knights won back in November 5-2, but I donít think they will score five again, but need to put a couple in early on Point or the Raiders will have a puncherís chance. Golden Knights win.
    It seems Nate Owen is much slower to abandon hope for Clarkson than this forum.

Comment

According to the Cornell Sun, Big Red junior forward and co-captain Mitch Vanderlaan will miss the remainder of the regular season due to an undisclosed injury.

Cornell coach Mike Schafer made the announcement on Tuesday during his weekly media availability, adding that he hopes Vanderlaan can return for the postseason.

Vanderlaan was injured blocking a shot in the first period last Saturday against Rensselaer, according to a team spokesperson. Vanderlaan played the rest of the game.

In 23 games this season, Vanderlaan has 17 points in 23 games and his 13 assists lead the team.

Comment

Do we have chat room access for this game??

Comment

Originally posted by daredevilcu View Post
          Do we have chat room access for this game??
          Unfortunately not. I have not been able to get it working with the new software yet.
          Clarkson '00 (MIS) * WCKN * letsgotech.com

Comment

Oh well. Thanks for being on top of it Scott - and for the update!

Comment

That was an entertaining game, and I would think it has to be the first time Clarkson has shut out Cornell twice in the regular season. Let's see what happens tomorrow night, but right now it looks like we're back on the right track.

Comment

Where was Shaffer tonight? not on the bench.

Comment

In 2017-2018 hockey, do you know what the difference between Cornell and RPI is???

143 miles. That is all.

That's right, neither could score a freaking goal on CU.

Way to go Jake. A better performance but the one stat we still got demolished in was the number of times bringing the puck into the attack zone possessing it. I think we dumped and chased 472 times while Cornell did that 13 times. I never can understand why do you want to transfer possession of the puck inside the attack zone all the time. Maybe tonight will be better in attacking with the puck (someone tell Casey that is how your team can score goals - vs. from behind the net).

Comment

There's not much from last night that I can really complain about. They outplayed Cornell for most of the game, and hit 4 posts to Cornell's 0. Our great chances were higher quality and more numerous than Cornell's, and we were disciplined on the back end to not allow garbage goals during the scrums which were Cornell's best chances.

Bit of bad puck luck, but if that's the team that shows up the rest of the season we'll be just fine. Looked a lot like the team we saw in November.

Comment

Great pace to the game last night, despite the 0-0 tie it was a game where you were on the edge of your seat for most of it. Refs again do an awful job, if your going to call soft/cheesy stuff in the first and second, then stop calling it in the third, don't go back to calling it in OT. About halfway through the game I figured it would end up being the type of game where a bad bounce/break would be the difference in the game, well I was partially right in that a few bad breaks caused the puck to not go in the net.
                      Was also surprised to see the shake up of the lines and Rempal doing double duty away from the sophomore line and then dressing 7 on D

Comment

Originally posted by daredevilcu View Post
                        There's not much from last night that I can really complain about. They outplayed Cornell for most of the game, and hit 4 posts to Cornell's 0. Our great chances were higher quality and more numerous than Cornell's, and we were disciplined on the back end to not allow garbage goals during the scrums which were Cornell's best chances.

Bit of bad puck luck, but if that's the team that shows up the rest of the season we'll be just fine. Looked a lot like the team we saw in November.
                        But RPI beat Cornell and Clarkson didn't.

Comment

I didn't see the whole game from work last night, but what I saw was a great effort from both teams. Quite a few good chances on each side and an aggressive game on both sides, despite the scoreboard. The one thing I didn't like was the freshman line being split up. They have been the best line for a month; I wonder why he chose to change it.

Comment

From what I saw, and read post-game, it was a plan to get Rempal more ice time so he gets looks against lines beside the top defensive lines. Rempal double-shifted between a few different lines, but I think once Quince gets back that might all go back to the November lines. Dickinson/Jacome/Charyszyn did still play a lot of shifts together.

Comment

Is every ones video as hideous as mine with the stream freezing every 5 to 10 sec
                              GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
                              Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                              If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X