X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech vs Dartmouth and Harvard on the road

USCHO Tech picks for 2/18 & 2/19
    Clarkson at Dartmouth

Dartmouth ended Clarkson’s fifteen-game unbeaten streak with a 3-2 win over the Golden Knights on Jan. 20. Clarkson has struggled to get much momentum since then, as it is 1-2-3 since then and has fallen into a tie for second place with Union. The Big Green have been playing pretty well lately, but I’ve got to think Clarkson turn it around entering the final weeks of the season. Clarkson wins

Clarkson at Harvard

These teams skated to a wild 6-6 tie last month in Potsdam. With Harvard leading scorer Ryan Donato playing for the United States in the Olympics, I think it will be a tighter defensive game this time around, and that should benefit the Golden Knights Clarkson wins

Union is also picked to win both games.

I believe it was last year's game at Dartmouth when we were down 3-0 and came back to win 6-4.

Comment

Originally posted by dave techer View Post
      I believe it was last year's game at Dartmouth when we were down 3-0 and came back to win 6-4.
      Clarkson better not get down by 3 to this Dartmouth squad.
      Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
      If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

I would suggest we get up by 6 and keep it there.

Comment

Looks like the "FLU" is still around.

Comment

Dartmouth 3 Clarkson 2

Another loss. Off to Hahvad. This is such a bummer.
            Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
            If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

This game 100% came down to goaltender play. Kielly was awful and let in 2 terrible goals plus one big rebound that resulted in a goal.

Buffalo made at least 3 Sportscenter-level saves.

First 22 games of the season - 28 goals allowed, 1.27 gaa

Last 9 games - 27 goals allowed, 3.00 gaa

There's your story right there.
              Last edited by daredevilcu; 02-16-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Hi all, sorry, it's been a while. Was at the game tonight. Seemed like they didn't show up until midway through the 2nd and by then it was too late. It was so much dump and chase-so uninspired. Dartmouth was eating their lunch and playing like Clarkson should have been. They really wanted it tonight. They kept picking our pocket, cycling the puck in the zone, grabbing errant passes(we need softer hands), going in on scary 1 on 1s. And Kielly seemed shaky-I don't understand what has happened to him? Confidence seems to be gone? That 3rd goal- he seemed to lose it/wasn't a clean dampening and it was moving around and he kicked it in himself. Happened right in my line of view and I couldn't believe it. Also not sure if he got his bell rung during the 2nd. He got hit, went down, didn't seem to be moving at all and then slowly got back up after quite some time. I can't understand how this same team was ranked 7th(or even higher). Sorry for all of the negativity, but after being spoiled with the late 90s teams, ...someone needs to stage an intervention-quick! Cheers. Gaudet got his 300th Dartmouth win tonight, too.
                TCS '96, CU '00

Comment

Was at the game last night. Anyone know why Rempal wasn't dressed? Injury, Sickness, Rest, Discipline? Thanks. In general, I thought there was very little offensive creativity, Lots of dump of chase and even though they did set some nice screens if front, not a lot of good second chances. Jacome's line had a couple of really good shifts but all in all not enough sustained pressure on Buffalo. If they play the same tonight we are going to get our heads handed to us at Harvard- even without Donato. Sure hope this team can find a way to turn it around. They are running out of time to do it, and IMHO this team needs to get to Placid so the Freshmen and Sophomores would gain some invaluable experience in tournament playoff hockey if we want to advance to the next level in future years.

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Boston Boy View Post
                    Was at the game last night. Anyone know why Rempal wasn't dressed? Injury, Sickness, Rest, Discipline? Thanks. .
                    Rempal--Illness; Plus Brosseau started to feel ill in the third period--as reported in Watertown Daily times. Plus I have to wonder if JK has had a "relapse" of the flu as he was pulled.

Good news, from last night is clinched a first round bye. So at what point do you rest some of these kids that have been battling the flu, injury etc...Play to win but not at all cost. Much needed rest for this team is critical.

Comment

I can't believe that I paid to watch that game last night. The Korean national team played more interesting offensively than our team. It was Casey Jones hockey and uninspired Casey Jones hockey at that. I really don't know when administration is going to get sick of seeing it every February. The talented kids are being held back by "the system". If I were the AD, I'd have fired him before the postgame. With that kind of effort, this team won't win another game this season.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                        I can't believe that I paid to watch that game last night. The Korean national team played more interesting offensively than our team. It was Casey Jones hockey and uninspired Casey Jones hockey at that. I really don't know when administration is going to get sick of seeing it every February. The talented kids are being held back by "the system". If I were the AD, I'd have fired him before the postgame. With that kind of effort, this team won't win another game this season.
                        GET YOUR RESUME READY.....JOB IS YOURS

Comment

Latinovich starts in the nets, Harvard gets 2 goals on 5 shots and Kielly is in. 2-0 Hahvad after period 1. CCT on the PP to start period 2.
                          Last edited by vicb; 02-17-2018, 07:38 PM.
                          Vicb

Comment

Don't know what to think, I guess I'll be content with LP but that's going to be a pretty tough task with how bad we've been

Comment

If the score holds, gonna be 1-5-4 in our last 10 games. A classic February "Casey collapse." I would think the other coaches are licking their chops to play Clarkson in the ECAC quarterfinal season. I feel bad for the sophs and freshmen.

Comment

Working...
                              X