Reg Season Ends with Quinny and Prinny

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg Season Ends with Quinny and Prinny

So Looking at the ECAC top 4, one thing this weekends opponents have in common is they both have one win against the Top 4 in the ECAC. Yep Clarkson.
    Prinny is 1-6-0 and Quinny is 1-5-1.

Cornell and Union are battling for 1st, 2 Union wins and 2 Cornell losses gives Union the title, other than that if Cornell gets any points they win the title.

Harvard (plays Brown/Yale) is one point behind Clarkson in 4th.

Unbelieveable as it may seem, Clarkson can still finish in 2nd with 2 wins this weekend coupled with Union losing to Cornell and Colgate.

5th thru 9th (Dart/Colgate/Prinny/Yale/Quinny) are separated by 3 points so everyone is going to be scratching and clawing for two wins to get one of the 4 first round home series.

Brown, RPI and SLU will be on the road for the first round of the playoffs.
    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

What can Clarkson do to turn it around? We just saw Quinny and Prinny a few weeks ago. I thought we lost to a well planned and coached game at Quinny (as much as I don't like Pecknold, I respect his ability to get a team ready). Princeton, I didn't get to "see" and can only read about the disaster there. Kielly needs to be in goal if he's not hurt. Our only chance at a playoff run is if he turns it around. Beyond that, I'm not really sure what to do. This team was working at its best when Casey was rolling four lines and we were wearing down opponents in the 3rd period. Maybe a return to putting so much ice time pressure on the sophomore line might help?

Comment

The "scheduling gods" at the school decided to have senior week for the men's team the weekend of mid-winter break, so many, if not most, of the students will not be present for this weekend's home games. I cancelled my trip up north for the weekend, in part because of the past performance since the Canisius game.

Comment

Originally posted by Remember Walker View Post
        The "scheduling gods" at the school decided to have senior week for the men's team the weekend of mid-winter break, so many, if not most, of the students will not be present for this weekend's home games. I cancelled my trip up north for the weekend, in part because of the past performance since the Canisius game.
        That's really a bad break as the students are always supportive of the team, especially with some of the rebirth early in the season. The townspeople are much more fickle both with their lack of attendance and their support when they do attend. If they give up a quick goal on Friday, I would not be surprised to hear some boo birds; it's happened before, even with our better teams.

Whatever the problem is with this team, they are playing too tight. Your old school coach would rip them a new one and have them practice with wood sticks all week. The new school coach needs to come up with something for the desired effect. I almost wonder whether it wouldn't be a good idea to take them all out to the Canadian ballet on Thursday night (although I'm sure that's not within NCAA guidelines.)

Comment

USCHO picks for Prinny & QU

Princeton at Clarkson

Probably the game of the night in the ECAC. This could be a high scoring affair as Princeton is tied for sixth in the national with Northeastern with 3.44 goals per game while Clarkson is 14th at 3.12. The X factor will be the goaltending. The Golden Knights have Jake Kielly and I think he gets his team out of their rut. Clarkson wins.

Quinnipiac at Clarkson

The Golden Knights could use a weekend sweep heading into their first round bye just to get some momentum heading to the quarterfinals. Bobcats are also looking to get into form so I expect a battle. Clarkson wins.

Comment

Originally posted by BillG View Post
            USCHO picks for Prinny & QU

Princeton at Clarkson

Probably the game of the night in the ECAC. This could be a high scoring affair as Princeton is tied for sixth in the national with Northeastern with 3.44 goals per game while Clarkson is 14th at 3.12. The X factor will be the goaltending. The Golden Knights have Jake Kielly and I think he gets his team out of their rut. Clarkson wins.

Quinnipiac at Clarkson

The Golden Knights could use a weekend sweep heading into their first round bye just to get some momentum heading to the quarterfinals. Bobcats are also looking to get into form so I expect a battle. Clarkson wins.

I'd prefer Nate stop picking Clarkson. I think he's picked against us once since this rough stretch started.

Comment

Prinny: Score tied 3-3 after 2 periods. Lots of dumb penalties taken once again and once again Clarkson blows a 2 goal lead. Princeton's 2nd goal was a shot from the point that was going way wide when it looked like it went in off the leg or body of a Prinny or Clarkson player in front. I hope I am wrong but I do not see this ending well.
              Last edited by vicb; 02-23-2018, 08:38 PM.
              Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
              If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Another bleepin tie.
                CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Another bleepin tie.
                  Clarkson 3 Prinny 3

This team is so AAAAGAAHHHHHHHHH! So many chances they could not bury. Again they blow a 2 goal lead. Sometimes they are more interested in the physical aspect of the game than making good decisions with the puck.

Cornell is the Regular Season Champ
                  Union clinches 2nd
                  Tomorrow a CCT tie/win or Hahvad tie/loss gives Clarkson 3rd.
                  Hahvad will finish no lower than 4th.
                  5th thru 9th are still up for grabs Dart, Colgate, Prinny, Quinny and Yale
                  Dart can finish no lower than 8th and Yale no higher than 6th
                  Brown clinches 10th
                  RPI clinches 11th
                  SLU clinches 12th

Vicb

Comment

What are people thinking if we miss Lake Placid? Seems to me the coach has lost the room, it's senior weekend and they played with little to no urgency after going up 3-1, then in the 3rd they turn it on but can't score. Princeton would be an absolute nightmare matchup if we get them round 2.

Comment

More of the same with this team. Rempal trying to do too much, our defensemen making bad decisions, and of course the unfortunate bounce. Kielly was left hanging.

The only good thing I have to say about this game is Dickinson's shot was an absolute laser.

Sorry folks, I know you hate me saying it but Casey must go.

Comment

Echoing a lot of what's already been said, team needs to start burying chances, bad plays, bad breaks, can't get a bounce...refs bad both ways, let game get chippy, which in turn resulted in a VERY dirty hit from #11 Riche at the end of OT. I thought Kelly was going to rip the guys head off, which the guy deserved. The DQ he got isn't going to matter much as it of course doesn't effect this game and will only result in him missing tomorrow against SLU. Would like the league to step in and give him another game, and hell give refs a game too...

As for Placid, it's looking like a crap shoot at this point...Seniors need to step it up tomorrow and set the tone to get ready for the playoffs. Otherwise, will probably come down to bad plays, bad breaks, bad bounces and poor officiating...

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                          More of the same with this team. Rempal trying to do too much, our defensemen making bad decisions, and of course the unfortunate bounce. Kielly was left hanging.

The only good thing I have to say about this game is Dickinson's shot was an absolute laser.

Sorry folks, I know you hate me saying it but Casey must go.
                          Someone has to say it, he's in a position where he is going to be judged and these results for this talented of a team is not acceptable, if this wasn't a down year for the ECAC where would we be? Probably on the outside of the top 4 if you ask me, which sounds familiar for CJ.

Comment

Not one mention of the broadcast quality. I was wondering which would be better while eating my cheesy macaroni & lobster at Mooney's in Leroy, the broadcast quality or the team's play. My dinner won for me - less frustrated & happier to start the weekend. From the comments, it would appear the broadcast defeated Casey101 hockey.

Comment

Casey finally sounded frustrated in the Princeton postgame. First real, honest frustration I've heard him let out in any of the interviews. You're right coach, "Enough is enough." We take our foot off the gas yet again after getting a lead, let the other team back in the game, then turn it on to go for the win and can't put it away. Outshot them 21-6 over the last 25 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X