2018-2019 Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-2019 Schedule

We are supposed to see the duo of Minnesota and Wisconsin again for the 18-19 season while our Lowell/Providence and Western Michigan contracts are most likely up. I wonder if since Michigan and Penn State both came to upstate NY this past season then if we have a similar arrangement with them as we do Minnesota/Wisconsin, if so two games at Michigan or Penn State wouldn't be bad at all, Penn State returns so much and should be a tournament team once again and Pearson has taken Michigan to the Frozen Four in year 1, he's got some dynamic recruits for next season as well so I'm sure they're another tourney team. Anyone hearing anything on our schedule?

I have not heard anything but if we are at Penn State you will find my wife and I there.
    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

With the B1G putting 3 teams in the Frozen Four, I can see them becoming incestuous with their scheduling before long.

Comment

Wisconsin/Minnesota will be year 3 of a 4 year contract that has each school play in the other's barn twice. We go to Madison next year for 2.

Based on the SLU games with PSU, I'm guessing it's a 2 for 1 arrangement with Penn State and Michigan. Another guess is a trip to one this year and one the next .

I believe we owe Arizona State a visit .
        CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Wisconsin/Minnesota will be year 3 of a 4 year contract that has each school play in the other's barn twice. We go to Madison next year for 2.

Based on the SLU games with PSU, I'm guessing it's a 2 for 1 arrangement with Penn State and Michigan. Another guess is a trip to one this year and one the next .

I believe we owe Arizona State a visit .
          A bunch of good road trips to look forward to. Have not been to Mariucci or Michigan's barn. Did make it out to Wisconsin's Kohl Center and saw the women at Penn State in the fall. They have a beautiful arena.
          Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
          If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

That's one thing I love with the new staff, they really have changed the cupcake strategy George Roll seemed to believe in. If you take away any of our big wins (@Cornell, Providence at home, Providence in Belfast, Penn St at home, Michigan at home) then we are extremely close to being beat out by Minnesota for the last spot with how many automatic qualifiers won. Michigan Tech in Potsdam for 2 seems to have been talked about on USCHO although I'll need some more confirmation on that, if we have Minnesota/Wisconsin, either Michigan or Penn State on the road for 2 and then Michigan Tech at home for 2, that's another extremely difficult schedule, wouldn't be shocked to see a few Atlantic Hockey teams in there to give it some balance, or Arizona St would do as well, those are games we should win although I still believe they'll have a bright future when they secure a conference and have their rink built.

Comment

I can confirm Michigan Tech for 2 in Potsdam this fall.
              If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Gobe View Post
                I can confirm Michigan Tech for 2 in Potsdam this fall.
                I know it's unlikely, but I hope they send their band. They were a riot at the NCAA Regional, and I think a couple members jumped in with the Clarkson band. I also believe they may be another "halftime" school.

Comment

Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
                  That's one thing I love with the new staff, they really have changed the cupcake strategy George Roll seemed to believe in. If you take away any of our big wins (@Cornell, Providence at home, Providence in Belfast, Penn St at home, Michigan at home) then we are extremely close to being beat out by Minnesota for the last spot with how many automatic qualifiers won. Michigan Tech in Potsdam for 2 seems to have been talked about on USCHO although I'll need some more confirmation on that, if we have Minnesota/Wisconsin, either Michigan or Penn State on the road for 2 and then Michigan Tech at home for 2, that's another extremely difficult schedule, wouldn't be shocked to see a few Atlantic Hockey teams in there to give it some balance, or Arizona St would do as well, those are games we should win although I still believe they'll have a bright future when they secure a conference and have their rink built.
                  I don't know if it was a cupcake strategy or that there is now more availability from the B1G schools due to the conference change. There was virtually no chance of scheduling WCHA schools in the old arrangement and especially not the big dogs (except North Dakota who seemed to come east at least once a year). The CCHA was similarly limited with the bigger schools, with Michigan not agreeing to reciprocal agreements under Berenson and Michigan State as well. George did schedule a weekend at Michigan State (I was there), BGSU, and (maybe) Western?? Now the B1G has more games to schedule and 5 of their schools have quality programs, so it definitely looks as if we're scheduling better competition but part of that has to do with availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra88 View Post

I know it's unlikely, but I hope they send their band. They were a riot at the NCAA Regional, and I think a couple members jumped in with the Clarkson band. I also believe they may be another "halftime" school.
                    Those guys looked like they were having a blast. The whole "let's go Tech" thing will be confusing as heck though.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post

I don't know if it was a cupcake strategy or that there is now more availability from the B1G schools due to the conference change. There was virtually no chance of scheduling WCHA schools in the old arrangement and especially not the big dogs (except North Dakota who seemed to come east at least once a year). The CCHA was similarly limited with the bigger schools, with Michigan not agreeing to reciprocal agreements under Berenson and Michigan State as well. George did schedule a weekend at Michigan State (I was there), BGSU, and (maybe) Western?? Now the B1G has more games to schedule and 5 of their schools have quality programs, so it definitely looks as if we're scheduling better competition but part of that has to do with availability.
                      Potentially that is the reason why, all I remember is we played a lot of Atlantic Hockey teams, we played Wayne State quite a decent amount before the folded, Huntsville as well was a series as well because I remember watching Cam Talbot. We also did not utilize our partnership with SLU like we are now, it's exciting to see new teams coming in to Cheel, I love the Michigan Tech series because it's a quality opponent and it's something different.

Comment

Trip to ASU is the tournament (from USCHO)

Originally Posted by MavHockey14:
                        The Mavericks are headed down to ASUís Tournament.. maybe UMD too?
                        Yes, ASU, Clarkson, UMD, MSU
                        CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Trip to ASU is the tournament (from USCHO)

Originally Posted by MavHockey14:
                          The Mavericks are headed down to ASUís Tournament.. maybe UMD too?
                          Yes, ASU, Clarkson, UMD, MSU
                          This would be exciting, Tech has really been racking up the miles these past few years.

Comment

Any more updates on this?

Comment

The schedule spreadsheet on the uscho fan forum has the Desert Hockey Classic (Arizona State, Clarkson, Mankato, and Minn Duluth) in Arizona as December 29 and 30. Also ...
                              Home against Michigan Tech on November 16 and 17.
                              Non-conference game vs. SLU at Lake Placid on November 24.
                              Dates for all the ECAC conference games have been set, except for the two vs. SLU.
                              They list unknown dates for Wisconsin and Minnesota at home, SLU plays each also.
                              That leaves Clarkson five non-conference games to schedule, and an exhibition game I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X