2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dave techer View Post

Hope I'm 100% wrong but it looked like a fractured wrist to me how he hit the boards.
    Yeah that's not good going forward, his Father made the trip this weekend too, really unfortunate for a really good player that I hope is back ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post

Yeah that's not good going forward, his Father made the trip this weekend too, really unfortunate for a really good player that I hope is back ASAP.
      I hate to say it, but i think that locker room could be a triage unit. It appeared a few went down last night, hopeful nothing major. As for above, he was in a sling last night. To me that doesn't indicate a wrist. (but i'm no doctor) Need to get thru SLU week then 20 days before next game in valley of the sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by ndlax View Post

I hate to say it, but i think that locker room could be a triage unit. It appeared a few went down last night, hopeful nothing major. As for above, he was in a sling last night. To me that doesn't indicate a wrist. (but i'm no doctor) Need to get thru SLU week then 20 days before next game in valley of the sun.
        He hit the boards just in front of me. The way he hit and then skated off, it appeared it was an upper arm injury, from elbow to shoulder

Comment

• As far as saturday nights game, they were simply outmatched. They got spanked up and down the ice virtually all night long. Jake Kielly kept the score line much closer then what was displayed saturday night. Clarkson was outshot something like 19-3 in the second frame.

Yale is fast, super talented, make very few mistakes and are very well coached. Watch them stay top 4 in this league, as the season goes on.
          Last edited by CheelFaithful92; 12-02-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Despite loss to Yale tech up from # 17 to # 16 in latest poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
              Despite loss to Yale tech up from # 17 to # 16 in latest poll.
              Our moving up was more than likely due to the results of others. What's more surprising is that Yale didn't make a bigger jump. They are clearly a much better team than us in our current state.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post

Our moving up was more than likely due to the results of others. What's more surprising is that Yale didn't make a bigger jump. They are clearly a much better team than us in our current state.
                Goaltending will hold them back IMO, it's tough to sustain that effort they showed against us every night, what's even more impressive was that was coming off their Northern Ireland trip and were looking like they could play another game tomorrow.

Comment

• Not the greatest time for a SLU weekend, if we continue to be without Cooper, Dunne, Hurley, Underwood then this team is going to be in some big trouble. I'm still confident our upperclassmen will step up and respond from the Yale display but overall the break can't get here quick enough. If we still don't have those guys back for the Arizona Tournament then I hope we consider bringing in someone, I was worried about only carrying 8 defensemen while playing 7 headed into the season but I didn't think it would catch up to us so quickly and basically over one weekend of league play.

Comment

• That was a terrible effort. Not sure if the players that are out are that good or the team thought they deserved to win just by showing up. Need some serious regrouping before the Arizona
                    tournament against real teams. And are we going to check anybody this year?

Comment

• A classic Casey 101 game tonight where it looked like the team hadn't practiced in a month. Yes, I'm sure that there will be some readers and writers who will speak up and declare "we are injured", but seriously, how many more years of this ill preparation are we going to have to take before it ends. We looked like a high school team from just north of Malone tonight, not a DI program.

Between periods, I had a Youtube concert on of none other than Peter Cetara and early in the 3rd period I actually asked my CU bride if she wanted to go back to the concert! Yes, it was that bad, and yes, Casey is not getting the job done in preparing this team for game time. How many more years of frustration must we all suffer before this ends.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember Walker View Post
                        A classic Casey 101 game tonight where it looked like the team hadn't practiced in a month. Yes, I'm sure that there will be some readers and writers who will speak up and declare "we are injured", but seriously, how many more years of this ill preparation are we going to have to take before it ends. We looked like a high school team from just north of Malone tonight, not a DI program.

Between periods, I had a Youtube concert on of none other than Peter Cetara and early in the 3rd period I actually asked my CU bride if she wanted to go back to the concert! Yes, it was that bad, and yes, Casey is not getting the job done in preparing this team for game time. How many more years of frustration must we all suffer before this ends.
                        so who do you recommend to coach? Plus maybe you should leave walker and stop over and see how bad highschool hockey is at Pinestreet.

Comment

• Despite what others on the forum are saying, when you outshoot someone 50 to 30, you normally win (and you normally score more than two goals). I don't know what more "effort" would have done when it felt, to me at least, like Clarkson was buzzing around the SLU net all night, but just could not finish. Time for Clarkson to dust itself off and get the win tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydra88 View Post
                            Despite what others on the forum are saying, when you outshoot someone 50 to 30, you normally win (and you normally score more than two goals). I don't know what more "effort" would have done when it felt, to me at least, like Clarkson was buzzing around the SLU net all night, but just could not finish. Time for Clarkson to dust itself off and get the win tonight.
                            Hit the reset button and hit the ice toknight and get a win.
                            Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                            If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• I actually agree to an extent with the effort not being there in certain situations but we are asking kids to not play to their strengths. We lost 38 goals with two underclassmen last season, those goals weren't going to magically reappear unless we are scoring by committee and when you lose Cooper for the season that's 6 so far through 11 games, Dunne who is quite clearly our most important freshman forward who had 4 through 8 games and then Charyszyn who has 3 and is expected to pitch in here and there it's going to be a bumpy ride. All three of those players have shown the ability to play hard and be effective in the hard areas to get to right in front so instead of those physically gifted players you're having Campoli, Collins, Klack, or Tisdale in front of the net and those guys are still getting used to the physicality of college hockey, Quince was the only guy that was out there that we wanted to be in front but unfortunately he was usually creating and had the puck on his stick down low and wrapping it in front. MacLean might've had his best game as a Golden Knight and it's good to see him contributing but unfortunately it wasn't enough. Also when you take out Charyszyn, Cooper, Dunne you're taking away two of our top penalty killers and three of our candidates to get PP time so you'll see some growing pains with Special Teams.

The only thing I believe you can fault the coaching staff for is roster management. We have 7 healthy defensemen and quite frankly Kuzmeski has never shown the ability to play at this level, it's probably hard from his perspective to get adjusted to the college game when he never plays but regardless as a staff it seems there were 7 defensemen they trusted and lets be honest certain players have shown plenty of inconsistencies with this defensive group so someone that was expected to take a step basically was overlapped by two talented freshmen in Hurley and Underwood. I don't know how many teams carry 8 defensemen but I can't think there are that many, the trend around all of division 1 is to use 7 defensemen so if all of our defensemen are healthy we have Kuzmeski up in the stands and I just can't wrap my head around this logic. Next year it seems we are going up to carrying the normal 9 and that should create more depth but there are still a lot of limited offensive talents on our backend. Just with how our system is Casey expects our defense to activate and play aggressive with keeping pucks in the zone to create more offensive opportunities, we don't have one defenseman that really gets up and down the ice well, they're all quite mobile for their size but for an example there's no Stillwell from Brown or Kaldis from Cornell out on the ice and it seems to be the staffs choice to not take a look at the smaller guys that could have a few defensive lapses yet create more offense. Thow has stepped it up and is creating chances regularly but he could've had at least 2 goals last night and you can tell he's trying but he's still a two-way defensemen first and has a below average shot, you could say Moro stepped up earlier but as of late the offensive side of things haven't been there for him over these last few games even with a few nice glimpses. Hurley was expected to help replace some of what we lost with Kelly and Terrance but he's had some really bad luck with all his knocks he's picked up.

Overall this team is a good team but playing with consistency has been a struggle for everyone besides Egle and Sturm, even Jake has been up and down and he followed his best performance of the year against Yale with that last night. One thing I didn't even take into account was how much losing Dickinson and Rempal hurt the production of Brosseau and Jacome, Brosseau seems to be just going through the motions and Jacome just isn't a goal scorer and with all of our injuries he's not playing one with either.
                              Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 12-08-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Grant Cooper is done for the season Ö again?? OMG, poor kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X