No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had lunch in Potsdam and it looks like RPI brought the pep band in pretty good numbers!

Comment

• Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post
      Just had lunch in Potsdam and it looks like RPI brought the pep band in pretty good numbers!
      Yesterday at Canton https://twitter.com/rpihockeydotnet/...99361485119488

Comment

• Originally posted by ursusminor View Post
        Awesome.. hopefully the CU students pack it in and it will be fun to watch the pep bands go back and forth.. lots of empty seats last night. Im guessing the cold kept a lot of people home.. Pumped for the game. I have a feeling its gonna be a closer show tonight.

Comment

They will have 5 true defensemen for the game tonight..
          NO 6 #37 CAM is dressing.....Welcome CAM GinnettI

Comment

• Originally posted by ndlax View Post

NO 6 #37 CAM is dressing.....Welcome CAM GinnettI
            I will be sure to watch closely tonight!

Comment

• Really pleased with both these wins. Union is a good team and it would have been easy to have a let down against an
              improved RPI. Congrats to team and coaches.

Comment

• Credit to RPI, they played really tough.. Clarkson was not in the driver seat in the 1st period and a 10-12 minutes of the second frame.. RPI was really moving the puck well and getting great chances... RPI hit a post and missed a pretty much wide open net in a scramble out front... Tech took control in the second half of the game and really controlled the puck for most of it.. did a great great job in the corners winning pucks, and getting pucks to the net. Power play looked good. PK was real solid. Sturm got sprung for two breakaways, got stuffed on the first and just was out of gas on the second one short handed.. Egle was really really good, creating lots of offense. Dunne played great as well and so did Jacome. Moro/Thow had a great game on the back end and McCarthy seems to get a little better all the time. I did not get to see Ginstti out there really, so no opinion there.. Overall a great weekend, good hockey both nights..... I keep thinking to myself, just imagine what this team would look like with Cooper and Hurley.

Comment

• Clarkson men's team up to #14 in the January 14th poll.

Comment

• https://www.uscho.com/2019/01/15/tmq...key-standings/

Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                    If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Interesting that we're statistically the 4th best defense in the nation. Of course, a lot of that is Kielly and the system, but we've been concerned about our defense all season watching the team. At least statistically, they're doing pretty darn good.

One guy who hasn't gotten a lot of mention on our group is Aaron Thow. He's has a breakout season and has really solidified our blue line. He even got a good mention on a national radio show on NHL Network last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post

Interesting that we're statistically the 4th best defense in the nation. Of course, a lot of that is Kielly and the system, but we've been concerned about our defense all season watching the team. At least statistically, they're doing pretty darn good.

One guy who hasn't gotten a lot of mention on our group is Aaron Thow. He's has a breakout season and has really solidified our blue line. He even got a good mention on a national radio show on NHL Network last week.
                        Thow and Moro have both had an awesome year so far. One of the best blue line pairings in the league.

Comment

• Interesting tweet:
                          Josh Seguin‏ @JoshSeguin24 1m1 minute ago

I like how Casey Jones has his lines setup. Three legit lines that can score on a regular basis. Sturm/Egle on one line, Dunne/Borsseau another and Jacome on the third. All guys who have proven they can score before #ECACHockey

Comment

• Huge huge road points against a really good Yale team. Revenge! Good game boys.

Comment

Huge huge road points against a really good Yale team. Revenge! Good game boys.
                              And nothing like coming out of the gates in the typical Casey fashion of unpreparedness. The first 10 minutes looked pretty ugly. LOTS of puck watching going on then. As we get into the ECAC and perhaps NCAA playoffs, that can not happen or we might be one and done. Though we've moved up in the pairwise due to winning percentage, the losses to lowbodies like SLU may haunt us when all is said and done.

I was very surprised McLean wasn't dressed, as he's been one of the best forwards over the past 3 weeks at fore-checking and penalty kill. Perhaps tonight.

Sturm and Egle are flying right now and I just hope Nico stays for another year to boost his prospects of the NHL (and not the ECHL like what happens to so many who depart early for a signing bonus). Follow Conroy and leave after four years....please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember Walker View Post

And nothing like coming out of the gates in the typical Casey fashion of unpreparedness. The first 10 minutes looked pretty ugly. LOTS of puck watching going on then. As we get into the ECAC and perhaps NCAA playoffs, that can not happen or we might be one and done. Though we've moved up in the pairwise due to winning percentage, the losses to lowbodies like SLU may haunt us when all is said and done.

I was very surprised McLean wasn't dressed, as he's been one of the best forwards over the past 3 weeks at fore-checking and penalty kill. Perhaps tonight.

Sturm and Egle are flying right now and I just hope Nico stays for another year to boost his prospects of the NHL (and not the ECHL like what happens to so many who depart early for a signing bonus). Follow Conroy and leave after four years....please.
                                Doing a lot of puck watching against Yale also has some to do with the fact that Yale is oozing with talent, minus net minding... CU did a LOT of watching when they played at Cheel, and it was obvious at that time that Yale was literally a whole class above Clarkson, as they mopped the floor with us most the game. Kielly and a couple dingers off the post kept it 2-1 Yale at Clarkson.. I expect to see Yale stay top 4 this year, and make it to championship weekend.

Hopefully they can finish another strong weekend tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X