No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake's an adequate goalie and statistically pretty good, but not a big game goalie.
    Only 1 SOG in three power plays doesn't help either.

Comment

• We had a couple major defensive lapses.. gave up a couple deadly 2v1's.. Fell down at the blue line with the puck giving up a 2 on 1 that they scored on.. that was jist hard to take.. And yes the game winner was soft. Kielly was squared right up to the guy, he ripped a pretty low percentage shot right past Kielly, mid-height shot, nothing special about it, i was in Section 2 right in that corner..

Comment

• Rather than looking at Kielly, I'd look at the defense. I don't know much about Cam but I feel like at least Kuzmeski should be on the depth chart above JC. He was beaten several times last night

Comment

• 1) Dumb penalty by the Captain 200 feet away from his net on a guy that's much smaller than him so it's tough to not make contact to the head.

2) Hurley blows a tire at the blue leading to a 2 on 1.

3) Really bad step by Thow late in the game to give them another break.

Kielly definitely hasn't been playing great but those 3 errors directly led to goals and mental lapses like that can't happen.

Comment

• Good bounce back win, a hard fought win. How that Princeton team is in 11th place with all that talent is beyond me. They can skate and move the puck.

-Pretty fast paced game, and both teams played really heavy.. Campoli got absolutely leveled right in front of our bench, he was quite slow to get up..

- Kielly looked sturdy, and our defense played a better game then last night, not really giving up many odd man rushes, and squishing a lot of their rushes.

-The Sturm to Brosseau goal was just a beauty..

-Princeton goal waved right off and after review it was determined the puck was kicked in - NO GOAL.

- Some truly questionable calls late in the game, one being an icing that we clearly beat out, and a penalty in our zone with under a minute to go. Casey gave them an ear full...

Last edited by CheelFaithful92; 02-02-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post
              Good bounce back win, a hard fought win. How that Princeton team is in 11th place with all that talent is beyond me. They can skate and move the puck.

-Pretty fast paced game, and both teams played really heavy.. Campoli got absolutely leveled right in front of our bench, he was quite slow to get up..

- Kielly looked sturdy, and our defense played a better game then last night, not really giving up many odd man rushes, and squishing a lot of their rushes.

-The Sturm to Brosseau goal was just a beauty..

-Princeton goal waved right off and after review it was determined the puck was kicked in - NO GOAL.

- Some truly questionable calls late in the game, one being an icing that we clearly beat out, and a penalty in our zone with under a minute to go. Casey gave them an ear full...

Not the perfect game and I imagine PU benefitted from our guys playing a hard-fought game on Friday with a letdown at the end. For the parts I was able to watch, Clarkson was controlling the play but PU definitely still has a lot of talent, even in a down year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post
                Good bounce back win, a hard fought win. How that Princeton team is in 11th place with all that talent is beyond me. They can skate and move the puck.
                I was thinking the same thing. More incentive to finish in a top 4 spot, not having to host (and get upset by) Princeton in a first round series.
                8 games remaining, 4 home and 4 away. I think 4-4 is about as good as you can hope for, 5-3 would probably get a top 4 spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave techer View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing. More incentive to finish in a top 4 spot, not having to host (and get upset by) Princeton in a first round series.
                  8 games remaining, 4 home and 4 away. I think 4-4 is about as good as you can hope for, 5-3 would probably get a top 4 spot.
                  It seems like its probably gonna be Big Red, Quinny, and a mix of Yale, Harvard, and Tech at #3 and #4 and #5.. I dont see us finishing any lower then 5th, which would be interesting as that would likely have SLU coming to Cheel for best-of-3..

They will have to fight like hell for a Top 4 finish here.. i think we have the toughest road to get there based on remaining schedule... It was mentioned earlier in this thread that 26 points would normally score a Top 4. Probably not this year, might need 28...

Comment

• Interesting, Clarkson goes 1-1 on the weekend and moves up a notch. Go figure.

Comment

• Another article here with a good piece about Sturm. He is a very well respected player with a lot of eyes on him..

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019...ins-joe-duszak

Comment

• I'll be at Lynah toknight. Not expecting an amazing 4-0 performance like last year, but I think they can get a result. I would love to see Schafer lose his mind again. Anyone else going to be in the Tech section?

Comment

• I will be there, but not in the visiting section. Friend of mine (and alum) works at the local bank, gets me seats in their box.

Comment

• Getting blown out 4-0 Why oh why can't Tech beat Cornell ?

Comment

• Postgame interview is very discouraging. Poor week of practice starting Wednesday. Casey said the team showed up unprepared, never had a chance for the first time in a long time. Ouch.

Comment

• Starting to look like another Casey February.

Comment

Working...
                                X