2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
    With the departures of Rempal and Dickinson, do we think any of our 19 recruits might be pushed up? Also, does anyone think Casey and Co. are out there looking at other schools' 19 recruits that they might be able to get with a promise to bring them in in 18?
    If Jordan Robert gets pushed up then that's a significant downgrade, he's the only one not slotted to come in next season that is most likely able to qualify, I think they'll bring in one of the few older USHL forwards that have not committed yet. There's no recruit similar to Campoli last season who was projected to come in as a true freshman, Ethan Manderville has been on the NHL Central Scouting list for awhile but he's not anywhere near where Campoli was last season and has struggled with his junior year despite his size. With losing our clear top 2 defenseman in Amorosa and Summers I believe one of those unfilled spots will go a defenseman, we already were thin there last year and are projected to have a lot of guys coming back who have definite questions to their game. I've mentioned Michael Campoli who was at Boston College for a year and a half so he will have some college experience, he just didn't get a fair run of games, the only thing with him is when he'd be eligible to play and how many years of eligibility he has left to play. A few other guys that would be nice to look at would be Marek Valach who plays for Cedar Rapids in the USHL, Atte Tuliara was previously an RPI commit under Appert, he's had a solid year as a defenseman in Lincoln of the USHL, Anthony Callin who put up solid numbers in Madison of the USHL but his team wasn't that great, he had a great end of the year.

Comment

Also if what MikeR is posting in the other thread is legitimate then I will wish Phil nothing but the best, not many assistants stick around forever and he made is alma mater proud, this also seems to put the University in a position to bump up Hauge who as we know has received other offers elsewhere.

Comment

Going after "other schools kids" is a very slippery slope to go down. From an ethical standpoint I would hope the coaching staff does not go down that path. I believe there has always been a "gentleman's" agreement of not going after verbal commits in the coaching world.

Comment

True but look at Penn State, took two of Tech recruits each named Liam

Comment

Agreed, happens all the time

Comment

Grannis might be coming in early? 5 points in 8 games in NAHL and a good size frame.

Comment

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/spo...mmits-clarkson

2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

Beat me to it Drew. Hope he shows up sooner than later looks like a quality character and I like the chip on his shoulder

Comment

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=23956 - Interesting to see he has family connections, looks like he'll be in juniors somewhere next season.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeR View Post

Beat me to it Drew. Hope he shows up sooner than later looks like a quality character and I like the chip on his shoulder
                      Haha ..Mike....I rarely beat you to the scoop....but I agree, love a kid that has something to prove.
                      2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

Originally posted by ndlax View Post
                        Going after "other schools kids" is a very slippery slope to go down. From an ethical standpoint I would hope the coaching staff does not go down that path. I believe there has always been a "gentleman's" agreement of not going after verbal commits in the coaching world.
                        Bill'70 mentioned Penn State. Ethical is certainly not a word I would associate with the Penn State athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by dave techer View Post

Bill'70 mentioned Penn State. Ethical is certainly not a word I would associate with the Penn State athletic department.

No one involved in the scandal is left there anymore. I notice that they have not been implicated in the NCAA-wide basketball scandal that's been breaking (of course that might explain how bad they are at basketball).

And before anyone asks, yes I grew up and still am a Penn State fan. I think Sandusky is a monster and that Spanier, Curley, and Schultz probably got much softer sentences than they deserved. As for Paterno, see the attached link.
                          HBO movie reopens debate about legendary coach's role in failures to stop abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by ndlax View Post
                            There are plenty of kids out there who are disappointed that they're being sent to another year in juniors. There might be a couple out there that our coaches have ties with that they think are ready. If we can offer a better option to a kid, or if there's a kid whose situation changed since he verbally committed, I don't find a problem with it. I don't think we should be dangling carrots but if a kid comes to the kitchen hungry, we shouldn't lock him out. Remember, we got Nick Dodge because he became disenchanted with Princeton after verbal commitment.

Comment

When it comes to contacting committed recruits I have no issues with them choosing wherever they best feel suited. Coaches can go and leave a school with only a few minor hurdles and players should be able to as well. Kids sometimes commit at 15-16 years old, over time things change and you're potentially going to spend the next part of your life at whichever school you choose so you want to make the best choice. There are plenty of situations at other schools like Michigan and Wisconsin where they're stocking up on the future and they take more recruits than roster spots available so eventually certain verbal commitments will be forced to choose another school.

Comment

Saw a blurb in the alumni magazine that Paul Karpowich is now a Thunder Bay, ON cop.
                                CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Working...
                                X