2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daredevilcu View Post
    Postgame interview is very discouraging. Poor week of practice starting Wednesday. Casey said the team showed up unprepared, never had a chance for the first time in a long time. Ouch.
    I agree with Coach Jones. Team looked disoriented and over matched. Hopefully they bounce back tonight or we're playing in the ecac 1st round for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
      Starting to look like another Casey February.
      Starting to look like another Fire(Casey)Knight February.
      Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
      If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

Starting to look like another Fire(Casey)Knight February.
        Hysterical.....
        2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• Some favorable results around the league have us in decent shape!!! Bruno???? They might be a nightmare for someone in the first round. And we all know Prinny is just a hot streak away from being a nightmare. Again.

Comment

• So there are some slight causes for concern headed down the stretch run here so I understand why there are some thinking "here we go again" that victory was not pretty against a bad Colgate team. We have two dominant college players in Egle and Sturm, there are other good players sprinkled throughout the lineup but the point production isn't quite there, Brosseau has picked it up as of late but with Jacome you'd like to see all his hard work pay off in a few more goals, just going through some of the line charts these past few weekends and things are all over the place. Now I know things are changed up in game but these original lines are usually what is thrown out there in the 1st, at some point there needs to be chemistry created.

@ Colgate: 1) Brosseau - Sturm - Egle 2) Charyszyn - Dunne - Jacome 3) Klack - Callin - Quince 4) Campoli - Tisdale - MacLean

@ Cornell: 1) Charyszyn - Sturm - Egle 2) Brosseau - Callin - Jacome 3) Quince - Dunne - Klack 4) Collins - Campoli - MacLean

vs Princeton: 1) Jacome - Sturm - Egle 2) Brosseau - Dunne - Charyszyn 3) Quince - Callin - MacLean 4) Klack - Campoli - Tisdale

vs Quinnipiac: Just swap out Tisdale for Collins and it was the same vs Princeton

@ Dartmouth: 1) Jacome - Sturm - Egle 2) Brosseau - Dunne - Quince 3) Charyszyn - Callin - Collins 4) Klack - Campoli - Tisdale 13th) Jokiharju

@ Harvard: 1) Jacome - Sturm - Egle 2) Brosseau - Dunne - Collins 3) Klack - Campoli - Tisdale 4) Jokiharju - Callin - Quince

@ Brown: Same forward lines as Harvard

@ Yale: 1) Tisdale - Sturm - Egle 2) Brosseau - Dunne - Collins 3) Klack - Campoli - Jacome 4) Jokiharju - Callin - Quince 13th) Charyszyn

There have been minor injuries that have been sprinkled in but overall it's a clear cry from the coaching staff to develop scoring depth somewhere, you know what you're going to get from those top two guys, others need to step up down the stretch. Kielly has been overall really good on the season, a few bad goals here and there but he bounces back stronger, our defensive group is solid currently but there's a lot of potential to grow, the systems in place should always make us a tough team to play against.

Comment

• On another note, the Colgate announcer was one of the best announcers of college hockey that I've heard. Biased for the home team a bit but very knowledgeable and thorough in his preparation.

As the previous poster noted, a sloppy game against a bad team but we still controlled the game and the pace. Trying to play from behind Friday probably took a lot out of the team physically while SLU doesn't really challenge anyone these days.

Comment

• Colgate announcer was the best I've heard since Bob stopped doing games. His home bias was almost unnoticeable and he was very enjoyable to listen to throughout.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                  Starting to look like another Casey February.
                  Casey Februarys involve losing to teams they are better than. Thus far, they lost to Quinnipiac and Cornell, both ahead of them in nearly all metrics, and beat Princeton and Colgate, both teams they are ahead of. This is a bubble-team right now, and, while they haven't helped themselves, they still haven't hurt themselves. Four points next weekend would go a long way to NCAA safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydra88 View Post

Casey Februarys involve losing to teams they are better than. Thus far, they lost to Quinnipiac and Cornell, both ahead of them in nearly all metrics, and beat Princeton and Colgate, both teams they are ahead of. This is a bubble-team right now, and, while they haven't helped themselves, they still haven't hurt themselves. Four points next weekend would go a long way to NCAA safety.
                    Those Colgate and Princeton games could've very easily been the start of something as the team did not play great on those nights so that can't happen with those rematches or against Dartmouth this Friday. It's crazy to think that a guy who only played 11 games is still 5th on the team with 6 goals. Goal scoring production down the stretch needs to be a collective team effort or the guys we expect to produce will need to do even more then what they are, obviously Egle and Sturm but Brosseau needs to continue his pace as of late, Jacome needs to add a few more goals with all the chances he creates, Dunne will need to take advantage of his chances, hopefully Charyszyn finds some good form late. I wouldn't be surprised to see Quince go on a run similar to what he did late last season or some of the freshmen find their groove like Callin, Campoli, Collins, Klack, or Tisdale (Callin and Klack have been very impressive in the 2nd half IMO) and they chip in a few. I find when we are playing our best hockey the other team expects our top line to produce but when the other lines are creating chances we can become a dangerous team, Kuzmeski goal in AZ, MacLean goal @ Vermont, Dunne GWG @ Yale, Callin goal @ Harvard to tie it late (Great during the comeback), Klack GWG vs. Princeton.

Comment

• Welp, that was one of the ugliest periods of hockey I've watched in recent memory. They are on pace for an ass whooping unless they can turn the momentum in the 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                      X