Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Remember Walker View Post

    Vicb, I did watch the game now. The entire game was wide open and a real barn-burner. Quinny has been known for one thing for many years and that is moving the puck. For the most part they did not disappoint in that measure except that they had a really bad night at holding onto their passes. Rarely did they receive a pass and "play" with the puck prior to passing again or attempting a shot, and they never really settled down enough in their offensive zone to force CU into a dump & chase style of hockey for long. Play just went back and forth. I know many might call me out on this, but Quinny actually outplayed us in the game and had better scoring opportunities, but could not convert on some of those passes (very lucky for us).

    Now that goal by Cressy (or whatever his name is) was a classic head of steam goal set up by the entire CU team changing at once with no follower/fore-checker. Two "fresh" skaters came out of our bench and because he had such a head of steam being left alone in his D-zone, he just blew by them like they were pylons. NHL teams "always" send one in yet we rarely do. So, we made the play of the day...in the wrong way. Move on.

    CU's break-out was improved and we were moving the puck (passing) and shooting much better than most games over the past month, though the PP still looks worse than it did in October. Let's all hope that that team and play show up this weekend. I like McCarthy on Defense for the PP as when he gets the puck he doesn't typically daddle around with it. As a past goalie, the one thing that I always loved was a team where each player got a pass and took five seconds to be cute with the puck before doing something with it (similar to watching a basketball game where every player has to dribble once they receive a pass - both very much easier to defend).
    If we make it to Lake Placid, we are going to have lots of trouble with QU or Yale if they make it. I'd much rather take the standings the way they are now and face Yale in the quarterfinals on the smaller ice surface at Cheel.

    Comment


    • Whole new subject

      Arthur Brey SLU goalie is now with Adirondack Thunder in the ECHL along with Kelly Summers

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
        Whole new subject

        Arthur Brey SLU goalie is now with Adirondack Thunder in the ECHL along with Kelly Summers
        Plus UMASS wins the RS Hockey East..... tough 24 hrs for SAINT FANS....

        Comment


        • CCT wins 3-2 has 27 Pts
          Prinny 3-2 over Ylae so Ylae has 23 Pts
          Cornell 4-2 over SLU so CU has 29
          Quinny 4-1 over Brown so Quinny has 28
          Hahvad 4 RPI 1 so Hahvad has 28

          Ylae's loss means the top 4 are guaranteed to be the top 4 in some order after tomorrow knight.
          Vicb

          Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
          If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

          Comment


          • It was cool to see a penalty shot at Cheel, I can't remember the last one. Sturm made a nice move to score on it.

            The chase is on for the title!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by vicb View Post
              CCT wins 3-2 has 27 Pts
              Prinny 3-2 over Ylae so Ylae has 23 Pts
              Cornell 4-2 over SLU so CU has 29
              Quinny 4-1 over Brown so Quinny has 28
              Hahvad 4 RPI 1 so Hahvad has 28

              Ylae's loss means the top 4 are guaranteed to be the top 4 in some order after tomorrow knight.
              Plus up to 10 in pairwise!!!

              Comment


              • Loved the 3rd period but that situation isn't going to happen if you play like that against good teams, they'll be up 3, 4 goals. Egle, Sturm, and Thow got it done tonight in the 3rd, one thing that was noticeable for me was I just don't quite know if Jokiharju is going to cut it on that top line when going up against the nations elite in the tournament, it's evident he's a good skater and has some offensive ability but he seems to play with little to no confidence, it'd be nice if someone would just compliment two of the better players in college hockey and do the little things right. We really can't get away with having an opening 40 minutes like we had though, things like that bury teams come tourney time.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
                  Loved the 3rd period but that situation isn't going to happen if you play like that against good teams, they'll be up 3, 4 goals. Egle, Sturm, and Thow got it done tonight in the 3rd, one thing that was noticeable for me was I just don't quite know if Jokiharju is going to cut it on that top line when going up against the nations elite in the tournament, it's evident he's a good skater and has some offensive ability but he seems to play with little to no confidence, it'd be nice if someone would just compliment two of the better players in college hockey and do the little things right. We really can't get away with having an opening 40 minutes like we had though, things like that bury teams come tourney time.
                  Thow may be the most improved defenseman in the ECAC. I always thought he played a little scared. He shot the puck a lot, not because I thought he was a shot hog, but more because he was worried about handling the puck. This year he has a new confidence on both sides of the ice. When he lost his stick on a 2-handed slash at the end, he worked hard along the boards and then got the game-winning clear with his skate.

                  As for Jokiharju, I don't think he's going to cut it on that top line either. I'd like to see them try Quince there but I believe they have in the past with mixed results. I think I'd resist the temptation to move Brosseau up to the 1st line. I think his perfect spot is as a playmaker on Dunne's line.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FireKnight View Post

                    Thow may be the most improved defenseman in the ECAC. .
                    Are you insane? It has been widely reported on this board that Casey does not develop players, how can it be? Probably improved playing intramurals at Pine Street

                    2013 Pick to Click Champion

                    Comment


                    • One night left in the regular season and here are our possibilities if I read the tiebreakers correct. A win over Cornell will give us the tiebreaker over any team not winning tomorrow night as H2H would all be 1-1 and we'd have 14 wins as opposed to 13 for the tied team.

                      CU W T T T L L L L
                      QU Any W or T L W or T W W T or L T or L
                      HU Any W or T W or T L W T or L W T or L
                      CCT L T T T W W W W
                      CCT Place 4th 4th 4th 3rd 3rd 2nd 2nd 1st
                      .

                      Comment


                      • Disappointing tie (2-2) toknight. Rough knight with passing, lots of passes bouncing off of sticks or sliding off of sticks. In the third period don't know how I think it was Callin missed putting the puck into the wide open net on a beautiful feed from Jacome. The effort was there, the finishing was not. So the ECAC seedings for the playoffs

                        1 Quinny
                        2 Cornell
                        3 CCT
                        4 Hahvad

                        12 SLU @ 5 Dart
                        11 RPI @ 6 Ylae
                        10 Colgate @ 7 Union
                        9 Princ @ 8 Brown

                        I got it corrected. Thanks FK

                        Pairwise
                        5 Quinny
                        11 CCT
                        12 Cornell
                        13 Hahvad
                        Last edited by vicb; 03-03-2019, 07:14 AM.
                        Vicb

                        Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                        If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

                        Comment


                        • Clarkson is the #3 seed, winning record v. Top 4 from Harvard.

                          Comment


                          • I havn't seen Cheel arena buzzing like that in some time, that place was rocking tonight, I wish it was like that more often.... All in all, two very exciting games today. Gotta be satisfied with 3rd place, it got us to a championship game last year right? Dartmouth leap frogged Yale, so we will still likely have Yale.

                            Comment


                            • Yale will be without their captain for at least their first game against RPI and QU without 2 top defensemen for the first game of their QF series. If you read the articles, it sounds like QU's top D may get a longer suspension.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                                Clarkson is the #3 seed, winning record v. Top 4 from Harvard.
                                OOPS. Been Corrected.
                                Vicb

                                Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                                If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X