No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before another argument over whether or not Casey should be coach breaks out, can we at least now agree that Mark Morris back when SLU picked him up in 2016 would have been a terrible hire?

Comment

• In unrelated news, Max Veronneau signs with the Ottawa Senators. Now I can finally cheer for him.

Kuffner to DET, Teves to VAN.
      Last edited by CheelFaithful92; 03-12-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydra88 View Post
        Before another argument over whether or not Casey should be coach breaks out, can we at least now agree that Mark Morris back when SLU picked him up in 2016 would have been a terrible hire?
        Mark Morris is the Bobby Knight of College hockey. Great at the time, but current game has gone past them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ndlax View Post

Wow! is this FAKE NEWS? Didn't think Casey/Clarkson System developed players? Three in Three years ....
          This guy from Yahoo! Sports seems to think it's fake news...
          Just like last year, and the years before that, college free agents carry much more hype than they really deserve.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post

I get Rempal, but who is the third?
            Sam Vigneault?

Comment

• Originally posted by goldenbriggsy View Post

He has a point, but it doesn't stop these lads from making the jump..

Comment

So bottom line, not sure why you think its fake news. You stated at the begining nico #1 FA. I was making fun of it being fake news as many threads on this website state Casey and Staff don't develop players. If Nico goes, that would mean Sam, Sheldon and Nico. 3 leave early as UFA for the Pro's. Peace out!

Comment

• It is a staff and we've had discussions about this in the past, Jones/Roy/Jones were not promising at all in a lot of different ways, development was hard to judge at the levels they were recruiting. Things started changing when we could actually recruit a goalie and renovations were announced and we've milked it as long as we can. IMO people are so caught up in what the renovations could develop into, it's easier to sell recruits on an unfinished product so they can dream, when the product becomes complete then you have to pitch it to them with nothing but what they see which is never going to compare to the P5 schools. I think Brekke has been a great addition and everyone here knows how high I am on Hauge but I truly don't know if this recent wave of success is due to Casey being a good developer or if it's him being a good recruiter and coupling himself with Brekke/Hauge and before Roy.

He relied on Karpowich for a decent year one, years two, three, and four were not so great and then finally we took advantage of a weak schedule and an extremely hard working senior class that were mostly if not all Roll guys and talks of the renovation were around then so that coupled with the decent success landed us some solid recruits that fit within our system. The USHL and certain other teams within top tier minor junior programs are becoming leagues where your development takes the next level and you don't have to wait for college, if you're there two or three years the reality of that situation is your game could've peaked so much it's tough to get to the next level for certain individuals and that hinders them when it's time to step on a campus. A guy like Charyszyn might be in that mold as he seems to really be struggling in his 2nd year here. Now let me ask you this, what exactly did Casey do for Rempal? If Casey had any control over him Nico would've been a lot more effective last season, Brosseau is the one he really had to develop and I don't know if it's safe to say he's drastically improved, he had 21 points in 38 games as a freshman, last year 33 in 40, 21 in 33 this year now with extremely high expectations, I expected so much from him as a freshman (remember that goal at the ND tourney, wow) but he's kind of flat lined. There are going to be certain cases for both sides of the argument, it's tough to decide and we will only know over time, I'd lean towards Casey being a solid recruiter with a definite eye for talent and a solid developer but I would say it's the program as a whole from Tad to Mir to Roy to Brekke to Hauge to Casey, I don't know if it's fair for the coach taking in all the accolades, this was quite the process to get to this point.
                  Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 03-13-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

So bottom line, not sure why you think its fake news. You stated at the begining nico #1 FA. I was making fun of it being fake news as many threads on this website state Casey and Staff don't develop players. If Nico goes, that would mean Sam, Sheldon and Nico. 3 leave early as UFA for the Pro's. Peace out!
                    I agree with Nico being a top college free agent and could be a good asset to the right NHL team, was just a joke about "fake news" line...

Comment

• Wooooooooo!

Comment

ESPN+ ranks Nico #1 college free agent
                        Bob McKenzie has him as one of the top FAs. Feels he's a solid 3rd or 4th liner.

BTW - solid W tonight
                        CCT '77 & '78

Comment

• Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post
                          Wooooooooo!
                          MAJOR DOWNER WITH THE PEP BAND. Biggest weekend for Clarkson hockey, ECAC/NCAA and a handful show with a few Alums!

I get it is spring break, but you sign up for something do it until the end of season. Don't sign up if you are not staying for the whole season.

Comment

MAJOR DOWNER WITH THE PEP BAND. Biggest weekend for Clarkson hockey, ECAC/NCAA and a handful show with a few Alums!

I get it is spring break, but you sign up for something do it until the end of season. Don't sign up if you are not staying for the whole season.
                            Easy killer. It's Spring Break, not a long weekend. None of the students are even on campus almost. You could be praising the fact there are enough kids there for a band at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by daredevilcu View Post

Easy killer. It's Spring Break, not a long weekend. None of the students are even on campus almost. You could be praising the fact there are enough kids there for a band at all.
                              I can attest to the fact that the dorms close over spring break, and anyone who wanted to stay would actually have to apply to do so. I did so once (so that I would have a place to sleep after getting back from the 2017 Women's Frozen Four).

Comment

• There was a small pep band tonight and the effort was there. It was still a good non student crowd, there was a little buzz in the arena. It was fun.

Upset city as Union takes down Cornell, and Brown wins in OT!! Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X