2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Saw a blurb in the alumni magazine that Paul Karpowich is now a Thunder Bay, ON cop.
    https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...fficers-594753

Comment

Hey! Can we get a surplus Vegas Knight outfit?
      CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Should be another great class, there will be other signings announced in due time I'm sure, Tisdale did end up getting hurt in the last game of the regular season so that's what kept him out for playoffs, hopefully it was a minor thing and he'll be 100% heading into the fall. I believe Campoli/Dunne/Hurley are the prizes of the class but Klack/Tisdale/Underwood are going to be great 4 year guys and all 3 have a good shot at early playing time.
        Few players have joined the Clarkson University menís hockey team with as many connections to the school as incoming freshman forward Chris Klack.

Comment

Brent Brekke has be named assistant coach, it is on the website.
          2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
            Brent Brekke has be named assistant coach, it is on the website.
            interesting resume. Welcome to TECH.

Comment

This article gives some insight into last season at Miami Ö
              https://www.uscho.com/2018/05/31/aft...enior-seasons/
              I guess when you can't fire the coach, you fire both assistants.
              Brent's gonna have his hands full with Clarkson's inexperienced defense.

Comment

Longtime Miami associate coach Brekke joins Clarkson staff as new assistant coach:

https://www.uscho.com/2018/07/05/lon...sistant-coach/

Comment

Should be a great hire, I don't know how we keep him long term but he's an experienced defensive minded coach and should be play a key role as another good recruiter along with Hauge. As the top assistant at Miami you'd have to think he was making a lot more then he will be now as the 2nd assistant at Clarkson and he was in the running to be a Head Coach in Alaska but they couldn't agree on terms so he does seem to have head coaching aspirations. The great pedigree as a defensive coach will need to come in to play right away with a very inexperienced defensive core and hopefully he gets the PK back on track as they looked lost down the stretch of last season. What I'm most interested to see will be how Brekke will help in recruiting with all the connections he's built up with recruiting for Miami which definitely recruits differently with being in the NCHC.

Comment

Anxious to see how we do coming off an NCAA appearance for the first time in awhile, if we had Dickinson and Rempal still with Campoli/Dunne/Hurley/Tisdale coming in I would expect to be in the tournament for sure, I still think we are a top 4 ECAC team in a year where there are going to be a lot of good experienced teams, from there only the Pairwise can tell us whether we are in the tournament. Watched a few of the development camp streams for teams that provided them and was reading up on a few reports given on our guys and it could be another promising year, a lot of people were extremely impressed with Josh Dunne at Blues development camp and Campoli showed a lot of improvement in his 2nd development camp with Vegas. Kielly was getting a lot of attention at Buffalo camp and a few of their beats had some good things to say about him, this is a crucial year for him and a lot of scouts will have their eyes on him.

Brosseau - Sturm - Egle/Jacome will be the candidates for the first line, I'm sure it will start with Egle but that line will have to produce like they did last season and losing Rempal and adding Egle isn't necessarily bad but if they can't score it is, Rempal could be seen as selfish but he always was so hungry to score and positioned himself well in order to score, I think his presence created a lot more space for Brosseau and Sturm and now they'll need to create that space for themselves along with whoever their linemate is. Egle is a great player but his skill set is different and when he was put together with Devin and Nico this past season for a few games it wasn't clicking but there was a lot more puck movement but someone on that line will need to become the scorer with a full offseason under their belts it should help, it's a big year for Brosseau/Egle to take advantage of that top line and probable top PP unit and show the scouts what they have as the go to guys. I added Jacome on there because that's who I believe can fill that Rempal role from that line last season, if it works with Egle having Jacome on another line creates more depth and someone who can help create chances for his line.

If Jacome starts out on the 2nd line one of Campoli or Dunne will most likely center him, I actually think those 3 could be a potential option for a line but Jacome already has understanding with Charyszyn and he's a good responsible two way guy that can make little plays that go unnoticed. There could be a lot of rotation early on here unless something clicks right away, Campoli/Charyszyn/Jokiahrju/Tisdale could all potentially slot in there, I really like the size of Dunne with Jacome and I've heard nothing but good things about Dunne along with the statement he makes his teammates better and I think that could pair well with Jacome who may be looked at to score some more goals this season. I really like Tisdale too but he got hurt at the end of the last season and I don't know the extent of the injury, hopefully he comes in ready to competes for a spot right away.

I always like to take a stab at the opening day lines so here we go:

Brosseau - Sturm - Egle
                    Charyszyn - Dunne - Jacome
                    Campoli - Tisdale - Callin
                    Cooper - Quince - Klack

Collins/Jokiharju/MacLean/?

Hurley - Astren
                    Thow - Moro
                    Schneider - Underwood

Kuzmeski/McCarthy/?

Kielly
                    Latinovich
                    Janzen

PP: Brosseau - Sturm - Campoli - Egle - Astren
                    PP: Charyszyn - Dunne - Jacome - Thow - Hurley

PK: Sturm - Jacome - Thow - Moro
                    PK: Tisdale - Cooper - Schneider - Underwood
                    PK: Dunne - Klack - Hurley - Astren

Obviously a very young team, but we have a lot of talented younger players with a core that is proven and have been through crucial roles despite only being sophomores and juniors, a tested goalie with Kielly who will be amongst the best in the country on paper heading into the season. I have the question marks there because I'd imagine we have one more recruit that has yet to be announced, I hope he's a defenseman that can compete for minutes right away, I think for the defensive core minutes are up for grabs, if you had an impressive summer and come in ready to play then there's going to be a fresh slate with everyone trying to impress the new assistant coach that will be looking over them.

Comment

Clarkson will be announcing 8 over the next few days on Twitter like the women did within the last few weeks. Should be Campoli, Collins, Dunne, Hurley, Klack, Tisdale, Underwood that were previously in the WDT article and then add Callin who was the replacement for Dickinson. I for one am still hopeful they'll continue to search for a formidable late addition on defense because you're asking a lot of Astren, Hurley, Thow to replace the points from Amorosa and Summers, it's not realistic to believe our PP will improve statistically from last season but it would be nice if it was timely at least, the only question is are there any defensemen that would add value to the team out there that are willing, there are enough projects defensively on this unit already.

Comment

Anthony Callin is the first recruit announced by Casey's handle on Twitter. Will wear number 44 .
                        Nick Campoli is the second recruit announced by Casey's handle on Twitter. Will wear number 19 .
                        Last edited by Drew; 07-16-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Jamie Collins #9 on the Twitter Acct.
                          Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                          If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                            Jamie Collins #9 on the Twitter Acct.
                            Dan O'Driscoll's '75 old number.
                            CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Collins will wear # 9
                              Dunne will wear #21

Comment

Brian Hurley #4
                                Chris Klack #8
                                Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                                If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

Working...
                                X