2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post
    Did anyone notice Brown sitting just outside the top 20 among the other teams "receiving votes," with 1 vote. Interesting!!!!! Go Brown!
    In the Walker Arena days it was "Around the bowl and down the hole, GO BROWN GO".
    2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

In the Walker Arena days it was "Around the bowl and down the hole, GO BROWN GO".
      I get the username joke, but we still do that cheer. I remember doing it at Meehan with the pep band.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

Haha yes, I have heard it many times! Student/Pep Band would usually bring a toilet seat to Cheel.. It seems a lot of the older traditions have been banished! All in good fun.

Comment

not one comment?

Comment

Clarkson men beat Guelph 4-3 with 2 third period goals.

Comment

Campoli will need a bit of an adjustment period but he's going to produce consistently in time, Charyszyn looked more confident in his offensive ability. Disappointed not to see Dunne out there but I'm sure there was a reason (hope he's ok), we will need him going forward. Lines weren't clicking, splitting up Brosseau/Sturm isn't going to help early on but it could pay off later in the year if we stick with it and it works, having 3 lines that are a potential threat to score would be nice. PP was awful tonight, slow puck movement, not much player movement, everything to the outside, Amorosa/Summers were so composed with the puck, didn't see that out of Hurley/McCarthy/Thow tonight but it's new to them, they're all capable. Callin, Klack, Tisdale all can really skate, they are all very aware defensively as well so that will bode well for them and if they can somehow produce offensively that's an added bonus. I'd say Tisdale has the most upside, he got a bit of PP time tonight, he also took some extremely cheap shots all night and seemed to battle through them after getting up slowly a few too many times for my liking. Hurley has offensive upside and Underwood was solid, they both move well and are looking to transition pucks quickly even if it wasn't the best tonight. Schneider impressed me tonight, looks more mobile and more confident with the puck, on the other side of things Kuzmeski was all over the place with the puck but he can really skate, just needs to play more in control, McCarthy was late on a lot of reads advancing the puck up ice but was solid defensively. Cooper looked awesome coming back from his injury, he's going to be a crucial player, especially on the penalty kill. Kielly looked solid, made himself big on that breakaway, has never had the best rebound control but will always battle for the 2nd and 3rd saves if he needs to make them, defense generally did a good job with cleaning out the front of the net. Penn State will be extremely difficult, I'm not expecting too much with how many young guys we will have but looking at Penn State they don't have the strongest defensive core so hopefully we can take advantage of that.

Comment

McCarthy looked really nervous. He was very raw still on and off the puck. Kuzmeski needs some buttoning up as well.. Did not see any freshmen really leaping out.. Campoli looks like he will contribute. Tisdale will impress in time. He can really skate. Hurley and Underwood will be able to hold their own in time. Dunne did not skate, which was disappointing, and neither did Oldham.

Charyszyn, Egle, and Cooper looked GREAT. They are bound to have great seasons and all 3 will be very important.. Schneider/Thow looked good. Kielly looked solid.

The PP was kind of bad. Not much movement and no creativity.. One slick feed from the blue line to down low, quick pass across the crease right to Rempal's trademark spot.... nobody home to pot it in....

They have work to do.

Comment

Both Golden Knight teams lost in Pennsylvania tonight, Clarkson 4-3 at Penn State and Vegas 4-2 at Pittsburgh.

Comment

Tough loss , I thought they could have had that one after they weathered the storm and got the first goal.

Comment

Special teams were a decider......was McCarthy on the PP for the breakaway SHG for PSU???
                      2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

he tried a behind the back pass that unfortunately wound up on the PSU players stick.

Comment

Not bad for a first game on the road. If we stay out of the box we should win toknight.

Comment

Originally posted by Knighttime View Post
                            he tried a behind the back pass that unfortunately wound up on the PSU players stick.
                            Really a terrible pass. Complete lack of awareness making a cross-point backwards no-look backhand pass that had no strength to it.

Comment

I think tonight's game is probably going to show us what kind of team we have this year, or at least for the first half of the season.

Comment

Hi all, Good luck tonight. Is the Chat Room available or a thing of the past?

Comment

Working...
                                X