2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew View Post

We were not that great...but got the win. We have had so many breakaways this year....need to convert !
    Egle did score on that empty net breakaway.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave techer View Post
      If you're needing some good news, RPI is 0-3 so far being outscored 12-3. And for our friends in Boston, even with all the high draft picks on their rosters, BU and BC are both 0-3 also, BU being outscored 13-6 and BC outscored 11-5.
      Sorry ... I can't help myself Ö but both BU and BC got shut out at home this weekend, BU lost 5-0 to Providence, and BC lost 7-0 to St Cloud. Both now have 0-4 records.

The pairwise rankings started up, Clarkson is at #25.

Comment

• Dunne continues his early season success, him as a third line center is perfect and gives us a lot of balance. Really like the speed up front and that's something we've worked on through recruiting and it will show into future years, as mentioned above it would be nice if we could convert on our breakaways because the guys are working really hard to get those chances, Sturm has had 4-5 breaks and has yet to convert, he's a great player and if he finds a way to convert on the chances that will take his game to the next level. Jacome missed a good chance last night on a 2 on 1, the defender played it pretty well but we still will need him to increase his goal production as the season goes on, Cooper has been a great compliment to Jacome/Sturm but they'll need to chip in their goals too and I believe they will come, it's just an adjustment for both as they were primarily setting up Dickinson or Rempal last season. Campoli is going to be a big key for that Brosseau/Egle line, if he links things up all of those guys could put up big numbers, he's adjusting to things and took a big leap from the OJHL to NCAA D1, he's shown flashes and has consistently been on the PP so hopefully he gets settled in. Really liked Klack and Tisdale last night, probably both of their best games to date and both showed they can be an offensive threat as well. We were very sound defensively and for the majority of the night our pairings were controlling the game, no easy passing or shooting lanes at all and they did a good job at clearing out traffic in front. From an individual standpoint Moro had his best game IMO and was effective in all zones, good composure on the PP and got pucks through which created two of our goals. Liked Schneider a lot, he is tough to get shots off against, basically all the defensemen were good but the heat is going to be amped up this weekend with our conference opener and then Union has a lot of dangerous forwards who will test our defense.

RPI is going to be hungry to beat us as they didn't score a single goal against us in all 3 games last year and Union will be looking to bounce back after getting swept by their rivals from Troy. Hopefully we keep progressing and take at least a split this weekend, as our freshmen grow I think we will settle into conference play but for now I don't think the expectation should be head down to the CD and get a road sweep to start league play even if that's 100% possible. We will have plenty of chances to prove our worth as a team in the upcoming months, probably got of the two easier non-conference games out of the way with two Atlantic Hockey teams at home, Canisius on the road won't be easy with them already having tape on us and it's never easy to go to the Gut or play SLU and then Arizona State isn't looking too bad early on so a lot of chances are upcoming.

Comment

• If anyone has a link to the Clarkson SID, Josh Dunne's bio lists his birthday as December 8, 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave techer View Post

Sorry ... I can't help myself Ö but both BU and BC got shut out at home this weekend, BU lost 5-0 to Providence, and BC lost 7-0 to St Cloud. Both now have 0-4 records.

The pairwise rankings started up, Clarkson is at #25.
            BU is beyond bad right now. It's amazing how David Quinn ruined that program. He took a team of Jack's players to the finals but since then has been irrelevant. I really don't understand what the Rangers saw in him when his results at the college level were so bad.

Comment

• Someone on USCHO posted that we would be without Brosseau this weekend....anyone have any insight?
              2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• Not really Clarkson related anymore but this feature really points out how good our recruiting has been at finding the underrated players that will perform. I may not be a fan of Casey's coaching but his recruiting staff has been excellent. Too bad this one got away.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...Penn-State.php

Comment

• Dunne is quite the player, Kielly had his best game of the year. Union is a very experienced team and we've had some success there in recent years so I'm sure they'll be firing on all cylinders but it'll be good to get Brosseau back and taking any points at Cornell, Princeton, Quinnipiac, Union is going to be a telling task for this group.

Comment

• I think it was 2 years ago when we went into Achilles and got a 4-1 win despite being outplayed the whole game. I wouldn't count on that luck again.

The ECAC had a pretty dismal out of conference early season but Union is an exception. I don't see the pairwise being kind to the ECAC so getting a win against a team with a good out of conference will help.

Comment

• Was Casey on Bench? I dont recall seeing him. Any input where he was?

Comment

• Originally posted by ndlax View Post
                        Was Casey on Bench? I dont recall seeing him. Any input where he was?
                        Only thing that was mentioned was that Casey did not make the trip due to taking care of some personal matters.
                        Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                        If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                          The ECAC had a pretty dismal out of conference early season but Union is an exception. I don't see the pairwise being kind to the ECAC so getting a win against a team with a good out of conference will help.
                          Clarkson has so far had an okay out-of-conference slate (which is not even half done yet). They had two losses to current pairwise number 1 Penn State, and have won the rest. That's not horrible. Also, Quinnipiac has yet to lose, although they have played an uninspiring non-conference slate.

Comment

• Wow, Union has terrible stream quality. I'm going to say "Could be Union" anytime someone gets too upset about Clarkson stream quality on this forum.

Comment

• I'm not having any issues with the Union stream. It's at least comparable to Clarkson. I find it interesting that they're using the ESPN graphics package while we use WCKN.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                                I'm not having any issues with the Union stream. It's at least comparable to Clarkson. I find it interesting that they're using the ESPN graphics package while we use WCKN.
                                Mine looks good now, but I couldn't get the quality up for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X