No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iíve only been peaking in on the live game stats. What the heck is going on with the penalties? 14 penalties so far???

Comment

• A loss but an entertaining loss. I think our guys worked hard as did the Union players. The difference was an unfortunate sloppy 1 on 3 where Kielly really had no chance despite their announcers saying "he'd love to have that one back." You have to move late on a 1 on 3 and it's going to open up holes. That's just the way it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
        I'm not having any issues with the Union stream. It's at least comparable to Clarkson. I find it interesting that they're using the ESPN graphics package while we use WCKN.
        Oddly enough, WCKN is using a graphics package we got from ESPN. Not sure why everyone else looks so different, that's something we need to ask them. In the past we've heard we follow soccer guidelines for cameras and graphics, but their scoreboard graphic also looks pretty bad and covers over their own watermark.

Comment

• Did Marley Quince receive a 5 game suspension or something? He left the ice to serve some very strange call three games ago and his jersey has yet to grace the ice since. Cooper played only a little on Friday and none on Saturday so he might be out again, which would not be good for this team.

Last knight, Schneider went after that guy in front because he threw a high elbow into Schneider when Schneider was checking him behind the net. When he came back out in front they both high sticked each other and then Schneider connected with the game ending cross-check. About the only good thing I can say about ESPN+ is that I can review things a little more easier. So sick and tired of the commercials and additional 20 minutes media time-outs bring.

Comment

• My guess is that Quince lost his spot to Tisdale after he received the game DQ against Wisconsin, unless he got injured in practice.
            Question Ö was Brosseau's one-game suspension (vs. RPI) for the hit to the head minor he received in the previous game, or was it a team thing? He doesn't seem like a team rules breaking kind of guy.
            For those of you counting, Clarkson got its fourth too many players on the ice penalty last night, and two games in a row.

Comment

• If anyone has the sheet music for Lemon Peel Twist, the Pep Band is looking for it.
              CCT '77 & '78

Comment

• Brosseau did have a hit up high on a Canisius player if I remember correctly, nothing was called on the ice and it wasn't really impactful but it was high and hockey is putting an emphasis on those types of hits so I wouldn't be surprised if he sat for that. Cooper injury happened Friday night so his status will be one to keep an eye on, Quince is definitely hurt or he'd be in the lineup, hopefully he can get 100% and get back in there ASAP, with only 15 forwards and 8 defense this is not looking good.

Last night we definitely weren't at our best, we were organized and kept Union to the outside with limited odd man rushes with 5 on 5 play for the whole game minus the 10 second stretch where Astren made a really dumb play at the line resulting in a turnover and Kielly was beat five-hole with McCarthy being extremely passive on the 3 on 1 for someone with such a long reach, it was not his fault at all but it was a huge point in the game and just backing up into your goalie was not the best option. Despite not being at our best we showed glimpses of creating chances but we didn't get enough to capitalize on them. If you're going to get into a special teams battle with a top tier ECAC team that has no problem with their power-play in their own arena then it's not going to work out too much and we got burned. Kielly looks dialed in for the most part but still are a few communication kinks to work out with his defense which were part of the reason for the 3rd goal. Just going to go ahead and say it, Campoli was a very promising recruit but he's not looking like a promising impact freshman, he just seems a little behind the D1 game at this point and I believe that will change with another offseason getting a bit stronger and being confident with the puck on his stick, confidence is the issue currently IMO, not creativity which he most definitely has. Klack has been a pleasant surprise in terms of on the scoresheet, he's a great two-way hockey player and always will be, if he produces points and develops this early season chemistry with Dunne that could pay off in the long run.

From a defensive standpoint we play a very structured game and that displays the strengths of our defense, not too many forward units are going to enjoy playing against Astren, Hurley, McCarthy, Moro, Schneider, Thow, Underwood, they just grind on them throughout the night but if the same defensive group are turning the puck over and giving the other team odd man chances then we aren't going to be successful. We might not come out of the gates on fire but we've still managed to score 1st in every game this year, if obviously hasn't helped in terms of results but you just get the feel this team isn't going to be coming back from behind too much especially with a scoring by committee mentality. As Casey likes to say Jake will give us a chance on most nights but if opposing teams are pressuring our defense and that results in us not being able to set up in the offensive zone then we are in trouble, the forwards need to be a lot better with decision making on the chances as well so it's not all on the defense but it's quite clear we aren't efficient with transitioning the puck.

Comment

• We are really strong on the boards and as you said our D especially grinds all game. The play along the boards, however, is not yet creating chances or breaks. When we fell behind last night, it seemed that we didn't really have the ability to create from strong work on the boards. Part of that is clearly due to a quality opponent. I think that is something that can better with time.

Comment

• TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE..... Come on Casey and Co. One or two a year...ok, but five YTD. Just poor coaching to allow this to happen.

Comment

• We are facing a team where their two scholarship goalies are hurt and they have the 3rd string goalie in and we are just taking random shots from the outside. This team is probably a .500 team, we already have injuries up front when we only have 15 forwards, the defense doesn't have anyone consistently playing at a high level and that's a huge issue. Our philosophy seems to heavily rely on our defensemen to get shots through and the forwards take advantage of rebounds but that is nowhere near the strength of this defensive group, tonight you could tell they were trying to take advantage of the 3rd string goalie but they were settling for shots that a 10 year old goalie is going to make. Credit to Canisius they out skated us and worked way harder but ultimately when you're looking at Clarkson and you're looking at postseason success this team is not ready to even talk about that. We seem to be a solid team at home but really show our youth on the road and it probably will be a tough test to gain a lot of points on the road in conference. Certain players that were expected to take the next step need to do so and the newcomers need to mature as the season goes on, Brosseau, Egle, Jacome all need to produce more goals for this team to be a top 4 ECAC team. Campoli only having one assist is extremely disappointing and you can tell he just looks a step behind, he's a great skater but his mind is catching up to speed and it will take time for him which does not leave our team in a good position going forward with the expectations he had coming in.

Michigan Tech x2
                      SLU (N)
                      Arizona State (Arizona Tournament)
                      Minnesota-Duluth/Minnesota State (Arizona Tournament)
                      @ Vermont

Doesn't look like a favorable non-conference the rest of the way, we would be lucky to go 3-3 in those games, that's why the home stretch and this game were so crucial and we flat out laid an egg.
                      Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 11-10-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Anybody know what happened to Grant Cooper? They seem like a different team when he's in the lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by O'Flaherty Fan View Post
                          Anybody know what happened to Grant Cooper? They seem like a different team when he's in the lineup.
                          Believe he is injured, do not have any of the details or extent.
                          2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• Watchin the women at Brown and then switchin to the men at Cheel and what a difference in picture quality. Picture from Cheel was so fuzzy I Thought I was having Cataracts. I will say the commercials on ESPN Minus are clear as a cold winter day.

Clarkson 3 Mich Tech 1

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOO

THE GOOD
                            Goals by Jacome, Egle and Cooper (EN)
                            Keiley stops 26 of 27
                            PK 4 for 4

THE NOT SO GOOD
                            The Powerless Play, 0 for 5 and it looked awful
                            Last edited by vicb; 11-16-2018, 09:21 PM.
                            Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                            If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Anyone can summarize what happen after the game ended? MT coach got game misconduct. ???

Comment

• Clarkson has to improve their equipment for ESPN + to even be watchable, I like to think we have two pretty good hockey programs up here that have enough resources to pull some money together and get top of the line equipment.

We looked really good in our own end tonight, that Michigan Tech team can really move the puck around and get up and down the ice. Defense had solid gap control all night, probably the best game I've seen from Thow all year, Schneider is improving each game, Astren played with more control tonight, Underwood got caught in between on a few things but he's going to be fun to watch for 4 years, Moro is really flying around out there and he just plays so damn hard, and last but not least McCarthy had another solid night, I've been tough on him but he has the ability and now the mental aspect is starting to catch up to speed. Jake was great and had 5-6 crucial saves throughout that were possibly the reason we won, hopefully him and defense get hot to end the 1st half here with a lot of tough games remaining.

Forwards all worked really hard getting back all night and that was crucial, it was great to get Cooper and Quince back and they had an immediate impact. With Dunne out (which concerns me) Cooper was playing down the middle and he looked great, he's such an intelligent player and is always keeping his feet moving, both of those guys made their presence felt on the penalty kill. We are still changing lines up every weekend trying to figure out chemistry but it'd be nice if we got some things settled down heading into conference play. Jacome was electric all night and was buzzing every second he was on the ice, Egle had a good night too along with Sturm who puts in quite some effort every night. Brosseau had a few chances to score tonight and was just off, hopefully once he gets the monkey off his back we will see him have a big year because we will need goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X