20 Bucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Bucks

I heard from a very reliable source the other day that the members of the CU Band who travelled to Minnesota for the women's frozen four had to pay a whopping $20 dollars, each, for the trip. Everything was covered above the $20 for travel, room and food. I also heard that the parents of the women's softball team and men's baseball teams at Clarkson had to pay $450 for the travel trip to Florida during the University's spring break (happening at the same time as the frozen four), so that they could complete enough games for a schedule. The source also mentioned that the band was receiving steak dinners while the sports teams, when getting back on their buses heading back to Clarkson from regional games, get pizza. I didn't think the Pep Band was a D-I program, nor the gulf between the D-I and D-III was so great. Perhaps some wealthy pep band alumni foot the bill here, but that was not mentioned.

Seems like some, in other sports, are getting a stiff one by those on the hill in P-dam.

The spring break trip for the baseball team has always been funded by the team.

Comment

Pep band did a lot of fundraising this year by my understanding. We definitely didn't get the same luxuries going to St. Louis/St. Charles last year (bus vs. plane, eating most meals on our own dime), and I think it cost us $30 outright. I'd have to check, but I think pep band pulled in quite a bit of money in the LetsCUGive Campaign this fall.

Besides, pep band is a club so it's in a completely different administrative division of Clarkson than the sports team. WCKN may have more grounds to complain about not getting that money however…
      Last edited by Hydra88; 04-12-2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

In the past, board members and other benefactors have contributed significantly out of their personal coffers to fund such trips for the band.

This seems rather petty to bring up, imho.

Comment

Here is the link to the lets CU give fundraiser from fall 2017, under the donors tab you can see that pep band (the only organization that is a club, and not a school sports team) raised $12k.
          #LetsCUGive! Support all of our Golden Knight teams during CU Athletics Giving Day. Every donor counts-invest in our athletes today!

Comment

One of the best pep bands in college hockey, I guess Michigan Tech could rival them but mileage wise I don't think there's one band even close. They deserve whatever perks they get.

Comment

Working...
            X