Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Departures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Departures

    It seems that 2 SLU players (Taggart Corriveau and Jacob Pritchard) will be transferring out, I believe they were both Carvel recruits, Pritchard really stood out to me, he's a really good player in fact I think you could make the argument that Finkelstein and Pritchard would've been the two best players for SLU next season, it seems like they're in a really tough spot right now and I just don't see them being any good for quite some time with the cloud hanging over that program which is unfortunate as the North Country duo has historically been really strong and was part of the reason power 5 schools were starting to schedule games up here.

    There haven't been many early departures quite yet that were truly shocking besides maybe Dickinson, there could still be a few more to be announced in the upcoming months but so far we have this:

    Clarkson - Dickinson (Signed with Colorado after FR season), Rempal (Signed with Los Angeles after SO season)
    Cornell - Angello (Signed with Pittsburgh after JR season)
    Harvard - Donato (Signed with Boston after JR season)
    RPI - I don't know exactly who but I know they have a lot of guys slotted to come in for this season so I'm sure some guys were pushed out, I will update it when I know or maybe ursusminor can pitch in.
    St. Lawrence - Corriveau (transferring out of the program), Finkelstein (Left for Juniors, committed to BC), Pritchard (transferring out of the program)



  • #2
    Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
    It seems that 2 SLU players (Taggart Corriveau and Jacob Pritchard) will be transferring out, I believe they were both Carvel recruits, Pritchard really stood out to me, he's a really good player in fact I think you could make the argument that Finkelstein and Pritchard would've been the two best players for SLU next season, it seems like they're in a really tough spot right now and I just don't see them being any good for quite some time with the cloud hanging over that program which is unfortunate as the North Country duo has historically been really strong and was part of the reason power 5 schools were starting to schedule games up here.

    There haven't been many early departures quite yet that were truly shocking besides maybe Dickinson, there could still be a few more to be announced in the upcoming months but so far we have this:

    Clarkson - Dickinson (Signed with Colorado after FR season), Rempal (Signed with Los Angeles after SO season)
    Cornell - Angello (Signed with Pittsburgh after JR season)
    Harvard - Donato (Signed with Boston after JR season)
    RPI - I don't know exactly who but I know they have a lot of guys slotted to come in for this season so I'm sure some guys were pushed out, I will update it when I know or maybe ursusminor can pitch in.
    St. Lawrence - Corriveau (transferring out of the program), Finkelstein (Left for Juniors, committed to BC), Pritchard (transferring out of the program)

    Nothing is official, but supposedly the following non-Seniors who were on RPI's roster at the end of the season are leaving for one reason or another: Jesper Ohrvall, Evan Tironese, Charlie Manley, Kyle St. Denis, Max Reisinger, Emil Ohrvall, Jon Richards, and Owen Stout. Troy York and Gavin Payne left during the season and are now playing D-III. Jesper Ohrvall and Evan Tironese are apparently graduating early and will go elsewhere. I know where Tironese is going and heard rumors about Ohrvall. Where they are going is not public knowledge yet.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ursusminor View Post

      Nothing is official, but supposedly the following non-Seniors who were on RPI's roster at the end of the season are leaving for one reason or another: Jesper Ohrvall, Evan Tironese, Charlie Manley, Kyle St. Denis, Max Reisinger, Emil Ohrvall, Jon Richards, and Owen Stout. Troy York and Gavin Payne left during the season and are now playing D-III. Jesper Ohrvall and Evan Tironese are apparently graduating early and will go elsewhere. I know where Tironese is going and heard rumors about Ohrvall. Where they are going is not public knowledge yet.
      I'll admit I didn't love the Smith hire for you guys but I'm not going to deny the fact he gets things done quickly, he's pushed a lot of Appert guys out and a few of his own that I'm guessing he just took a chance on? He is out and recruits a lot, I've seen him at a few junior games this year and seems to have a vision in place and as he pitches it more and more I think people will buy in. If your administration forks up the dough then your rebuild may happen faster than expected, at least from what I am seeing, I know at the time of the hire there were talks of renovations to the HFH and that would surely help Smith speed up the process, how's that coming?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post

        I'll admit I didn't love the Smith hire for you guys but I'm not going to deny the fact he gets things done quickly, he's pushed a lot of Appert guys out and a few of his own that I'm guessing he just took a chance on? He is out and recruits a lot, I've seen him at a few junior games this year and seems to have a vision in place and as he pitches it more and more I think people will buy in. If your administration forks up the dough then your rebuild may happen faster than expected, at least from what I am seeing, I know at the time of the hire there were talks of renovations to the HFH and that would surely help Smith speed up the process, how's that coming?
        It ain't. I think that our AD wants to turn us into a football/basketball school and the President wants to spend money that the 'Tute doesn't have.

        If I am correct about the players who are leaving, then there will be only four forwards on the roster who played for Seth Appert (Wiffen, Marrello, Hayhurst, and Polino). One other (Burgess) was injured all of 16-17 and an incoming recruit (Bendorf) was recruited when Appert was still coach.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ursusminor View Post

          It ain't. I think that our AD wants to turn us into a football/basketball school.
          Isn't that sacrilege at RPI?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hydra88 View Post

            Isn't that sacrilege at RPI?
            It is to me and to any alum except for recent ones it is. I don't think that most current students pay attention to any sports. The exceptions are band and RPI-TV members.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ursusminor View Post

              It ain't. I think that our AD wants to turn us into a football/basketball school and the President wants to spend money that the 'Tute doesn't have.

              If I am correct about the players who are leaving, then there will be only four forwards on the roster who played for Seth Appert (Wiffen, Marrello, Hayhurst, and Polino). One other (Burgess) was injured all of 16-17 and an incoming recruit (Bendorf) was recruited when Appert was still coach.
              Well that's too bad, I know we are rivals but I do wish success throughout the ECAC as it gets annoying when HE schools or western schools feel as if we are still a cupcake conference and our non-conference games really help come Pairwise time so hopefully things work out under Smith. I realize our conference hasn't been weak for years but a lot of people do not for whatever reason and even back in the day our programs were generally consistent, it's just the bottom tier schools were as bad as they get.
              Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 04-18-2018, 03:41 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Clarkson will gladly trade the entire WCKN staff to RPI for any hockey recruits, or even for a bag of used, beat up pucks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dave techer View Post
                  Clarkson will gladly trade the entire WCKN staff to RPI for any hockey recruits, or even for a bag of used, beat up pucks.
                  Broadcasting, whether it be WRPI or RPI-TV, is not one of RPI's problems. Well, once in a while WRPI loses its connection at an away game, but I suspect that none of the RPI fans are concerned about broadcasting.

                  We need better players on both our men's and women's teams and systems that work as opposed to what happened under the previous coaches. I hope things improve next season -- they can't get much worse.

                  I have not heard any rumors that any of the players who are leaving are going to CCT. IMO Emil Ohrvall and Evan Tironese are probably the only two who are leaving who would make Clarkson's roster anyway.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Colton Point has left Colgate early and signed with the Stars, that's such a loss for them I doubt they even challenge for a top 4 spot. Vermont lost Ross Colton who was by far their best player, he signed with Tampa, that makes me feel a bit more comfortable with the game against Vermont but going to the Gut is never easy.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      River Ryshma from Dartmouth is using the grad transfer rule and will be using his last year of eligibility at Miami.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pritchard has been confirmed to be transferring to Carvel at UMass. This isn't a set departure yet but it's being reported that Ty Pelton-Byce who was going to be one of Harvards best returning forwards has been deemed academically ineligible for the upcoming season, that's a big blow for Harvard who doesn't have anyone on forward like Donato to carry their offensive production.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          But it looks like he was ECAC all-academic?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Colorado sent down Josh Dickinson to the AHL on Wednesday after the Avs first pre-season game on Tuesday night, a 5-1 loss to Vegas. Josh was the 4th line center, had 1 shot on goal and 2 hits, ice time was 10:38, least of the 12 forwards for the Avs. One (game) and done.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X