No announcement yet.

Departures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QU's D core has been totally wiped out, losing Priskie, Fortunato, Shiplo to graduation, and Rafferty has left them early. They lose Martin at F, but bring back a plethora of good forwards, so long as they don't have any other early departures. Their fans seem to think it is highly likely that Shortridge will sign a deal, time will tell.

Cornell loses top defensemen Nuttle and McCrea. They lose Vanderlaan up front as well as Starrett, but return a pretty balanced attack. I'm guessing Galajda returns for his junior season. Not sure if anyone leaves them early, they had a good deep team, but no real true standout stars. Likely they are the favorite next year. Again.

Harvard loses LZG and Floodstrand up front, and Olson/Baughman on the back end. But they will return a ton of young talent, and the Harvard fans have suggested that Fox is coming back for his senior year. If Gornet can play well enough, they should take a step forward next year, in my opinion.

As cttf4 suggested, i believe the preseason polls will have CU, CLK, HU, QU top 4.

Comment

Sounds like Nico is having Visa issues. "The holdup for the German national is a work visa.

“There are so many things to jump through,” Fenton said. “He’s a student right now, so, yeah, the hope is we’ll get to see him.”"

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/0...lay-this-week/

Comment

From what I'm seeing, it seems like we should be able to replace Sturm. Biggest question, then, is goal. Oldman wasn't great at Nebraska–Omaha, and, while goalies can go from poor to passable (re Greg Lewis), Clarkson leaned on Kielly this year.

Comment

With his visa in place, Nico Sturm is expected to make his NHL debut with the Minnesota Wild tomorrow. His mom (Gaby), dad (Klaus), brother (Timo) & girlfriend are traveling from Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by BillG View Post
            With his visa in place, Nico Sturm is expected to make his NHL debut with the Minnesota Wild tomorrow. His mom (Gaby), dad (Klaus), brother (Timo) & girlfriend are traveling from Germany.
            It will be the North country (NOCO) line with Greenway (From Canton NY)

Comment

Sounded like Miami vetted Casey interest....But went with the Alum. Base of $305K....

Comment

Maybe BGSU now hires alum George Roll. I'm sorta kinda half kidding but strange things do happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post
                  QU's D core has been totally wiped out, losing Priskie, Fortunato, Shiplo to graduation, and Rafferty has left them early. They lose Martin at F, but bring back a plethora of good forwards, so long as they don't have any other early departures. Their fans seem to think it is highly likely that Shortridge will sign a deal, time will tell.

Cornell loses top defensemen Nuttle and McCrea. They lose Vanderlaan up front as well as Starrett, but return a pretty balanced attack. I'm guessing Galajda returns for his junior season. Not sure if anyone leaves them early, they had a good deep team, but no real true standout stars. Likely they are the favorite next year. Again.

Harvard loses LZG and Floodstrand up front, and Olson/Baughman on the back end. But they will return a ton of young talent, and the Harvard fans have suggested that Fox is coming back for his senior year. If Gornet can play well enough, they should take a step forward next year, in my opinion.

As cttf4 suggested, i believe the preseason polls will have CU, CLK, HU, QU top 4.
                  What I think may push Harvard over the top next season is their incoming recruits will be much more productive compared to the players exiting, LZG will be a tough loss but Abruzzese leads the USHL in scoring along Farinacci who is coveted highly for this upcoming draft, losing Baughman, Domrovskiy, Olsen will help them play more of their style only if Fox, Marino, Rathbone, Walsh all stay, add in Foskey who is a solid USHL defenseman who can move pucks while being consistent in his own end they become that much more dangerous, they have a have a few returning D that haven't had much game time and I don't think that'll change much. This is of course dependent on the development of their young returning guys like Badini, Bowlby, Dornbach, Drury, Shore, it's the Harvard way to bring them in young so you have to go with the growing pains but if they return all these players they suddenly have an extremely seasoned team, maybe not from an age standpoint but they'll have a lot of players that have played in big time games and are proven at the college level. Lackey is using his grad transfer year at Providence so Gornet will battle with incoming freshman Mitchell Gibson, he's a 2018 4th round pick of the Capitals but really struggled this past season in the USHL after dominating the NAHL a season ago, I still think he's better than Gornet and he will win the job but that'll be a huge area of concern for Harvard.

I'm high on DiLiberatore, him Cuskte, O'Connor, Metsa are all solid returners and Cam Boudreau came in midseason and was solid given the circumstances of being thrown right into the fire, Wyatt Head and Logan Britt look like above average recruits as well so with their system I tend to believe it'll be them and Harvard 1-2 if everything goes to plan health wise regardless of the departures in Fortunato, Priskie, Rafferty, Shortridge. Obviously the strength of their team will be the returning freshmen up front in Bongiovanni, de Jong, Fallstrom along with upperclassmen Tufto and Whelan, Ethan Leyh flipped from Wisconsin to Quinnipiac not too long ago and he will be a true freshman forward for the Bobcats who is promising. I think some certainty will do Petruzzelli some good in net too and I expect him to have a career year.

Depth wise I think Clarkson trumps every team in the league in terms of our forward group, the competition to get into the lineup at all positions will hopefully push us to continued success. One thing I don't see at Clarkson I see at Cornell (Kaldis, 100% healthy Green), Harvard (Fox, Rathbone, Walsh), Quinnipiac (DiLberatore) is the dominant defenseman who wants to make plays with the puck and helps create so much space for the forward unit on the ice with them, obviously it's on another level at Harvard with those guys but even at Brown with Stillwell, Union with Kolias, those guys are great skaters at this level and want the puck on their stick all while holding their own defensively most of the time. Moro is a great defenseman that's very tough to play against and is mobile for his size but isn't the most creative with the puck which is fine, that's not his game but if you pair him up with someone like that I'm sure it would look pretty good. Hurley needs to take a huge step which should be manageable, I believe that injury was tough to recover from, I don't think there will be too many locks for playing time next season, Astren, Ginnetti, McFaul will all push for time but it'll be a very experienced group for the most part. I think our system will help transition any goalie that wins the job, the upperclassmen will want to go out on a positive note after seeing the last two years end in heartbreak after successful overall seasons. It's not hard to figure out, the NCAAs will be the next hurdle, there's no reason to believe we shouldn't make the tournament again so that should at least be the expectation if our health is maintained, with that said we could easily be on the wrong side of the bubble, our non-conference will be telling in what should be a weak year for the ECAC besides the top 4 we expect.

- Brown has a really good incoming class by their standards but they will probably be a few years away from returning to Lake Placid.

- Colgate is in really tough spot as a program, Don hasn't produced much with the new facility and they are looking at another 9-12 finish, after McMann there is a significant drop off in talent, he will be a Senior next season so I wouldn't be shocked to see him seek a program that could potentially win for his final year, just from a development standpoint Colgate may be stunting his growth with little to no talent around him.

- Cornell is Cornell as we all know, they aren't flashy but they'll be there, it'll be interesting to see if Barron will return for his junior season, John Malone looks to be a very promising recruit for them coming in though so he will be one to watch. Replacing Nuttle and McCrea will be tough, those guys seem to have meant a lot to the Cornell program and really developed as players over their college years. Green and Kaldis will anchor that defense though and they'll have a really nice forward unit if everyone stays, like always you can basically book them for a top 4 but I would say this years Cornell team was probably better on paper then they will be next season.

- Dartmouth is a solid team but don't recruit at a high level and I just don't see enough goal scoring on that team next season despite Foreman, Graber, O'Connor all being really good returning forwards, just not much depth.

- Princeton is going to be lost without Kuffner, Teves, Verroneau.

- RPI is still rebuilding with Smith and to be frank there's not much talent there but Savory looks to be a really good young goalie that can steal games regularly. SLU canned Morris and probably won't recover from the mess he created for a decent amount of time, say 4-5 years.

- Union is losing the allure of the National Championship and it seems to be catching up with them recruiting wise (well and the D3 arena), Adams, Morgan, Rinaldi are solid up front but losing Maier, Supinski, Vidmar, Walker would hurt a lot of teams and it will be tough to account for the amount of points they produced this past season, I see them middle of the pack similarly to this season but with less non-conference success. Hanson seems to be a solid #1.

- Yale loses Snively to graduation which obviously hurts but they lost a few other solid seniors as well, for the most part I'd say the Bulldogs underachieved this past season, they'll have one of the best defensive units back next season but it still seems they are struggling to find a #1 goalie ever since Lyon left a few seasons ago, Connor Hopkins has solid numbers for the BCHL standard but I don't think he's anywhere nears Lyons level, he will battle with Kaczperski. Don't see any true go to forwards up front despite the very impressive defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ndlax View Post
                    Sounded like Miami vetted Casey interest....But went with the Alum. Base of $305K....
                    Just out of curiosity, how did you find this out?

Comment

Working...
                    X