Matt Curley

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Curley

Former Clarkson defenseman and native of Madrid, New York is going to be announced as the Alaska-Anchorage Head Coach later tonight. Good for Matt, he's a class act and I hope he somehow figures a way to be successful in Alaska.

http://www.uscho.com/2018/04/21/alas...ew-head-coach/

Comment

Is he the first Clarkson player ever to be named D1 Head Coach in the "modern era" (Post Flapper)?

Comment

I must be old fashioned or something but I think it's puzzling that Clarkson's athletic dept issues press releases and congratulations for two players dropping out of school to pursue pro hockey, while ignoring a local guy, graduate, 4-year letter winner, assistant captain, ECAC tournament champion, etc. etc. being named a Division 1 head coach. For shame.

Comment

Originally posted by dave techer View Post
          I must be old fashioned or something but I think it's puzzling that Clarkson's athletic dept issues press releases and congratulations for two players dropping out of school to pursue pro hockey, while ignoring a local guy, graduate, 4-year letter winner, assistant captain, ECAC tournament champion, etc. etc. being named a Division 1 head coach. For shame.
          THAT would be nice. But I do give PROPs to the local D1 Hockey beat writer for a nice writeup in Watertown Daily times.

Comment

Originally posted by dave techer View Post
            I imagine it's because no one let them know. If you're wondering how they could miss something in the local paper, I think the small staff has something to do with that. I am not sure, but I think ClarksonAthletics.com is largely the responsibility of one person (Gary Mikel). There may be others, but I think he does most of the work and, based on the fact that he is listed on the Clarkson Athletics staff page as Sports Information Director - Division I, my guess is that he is the only one who would look put out a press release about a former player being named a Division I coach. At larger institutions, each sport often has its own media relations person, so he tends to be pretty busy just keeping up with what is going on within Clarkson. Send him a nudge about it, and I'm sure there'll be something up on the page within the day.

Comment

Working...
            X