NHL Development Camps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Development Camps

College Hockey Inc. does a great job compiling this list - http://collegehockeyinc.com/ncaa-pla...ment-camps.php

Brosseau (FA) - NY Islanders
    Campoli (Draft Pick) - Vegas Golden Knights
    de Haas (Alum, 17-18 season in the AHL in Philly organization) - Philadelphia Flyers
    Dunne (FA) - St. Louis Blues
    Kielly (FA) - Buffalo Sabres
    McFaul (Draft Pick, 19-20 recruit) - Boston Bruins
    Sturm - Ottawa Senators

Just looking at the rosters one thing that stood out to me Sturm is listed as a LW which I assume means the next level projects him as a bottom 6 wing, great two-way guy but not enough offensive upside/playmaking ability to make it as a center in the NHL, definitely has the speed to play in the NHL though and is extremely responsible in his own end along with being a great penalty killer.

Another thing that stood out to me is the 3 guys that could be thought of as potential early departures in Brosseau, Kielly, Sturm are all at camps where the teams are in a rebuilding phase, Ottawa has issues all over the roster and off the ice, the Islanders had a great draft and are trying to get Tavares to stay but still have plenty of issues throughout the roster although they seem to be on the right path with Lou and Trotz, Buffalo hasn't had any goaltending in years and all of their promising goaltending prospects end up busting.

Rempall not a Kings camp.
    CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Where are Summers and Amorosa ?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Rempall not a Kings camp.
        LA has not published their development camp roster. Rempal will be there.

Comment

I stand corrected, Rempal not on Kings Development camp roster released today.

Comment

"One additional note, because I was asked: Sheldon Rempal and Daniel Brickley don’t participate in development camp; they’re part of a group of more advanced players that skates in the morning – Michael Amadio has also been a part of this group, as has Jack Campbell – at Toyota Sports Center."

He seems to be highly regarded by the Kings, good for him and I really hope he gets a shot in the NHL, LAK has plenty of grit so he can balance that out a bit, I'm just assuming that he's going to be at Kings preseason camp and hopefully he impresses there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
              Where are Summers and Amorosa ?
              They'll be free to sign with anyone they want on August 15th I believe, that's when the drafted team forfeits their rights and they become free agents, it's what de Haas did last year, passing on Detroit who drafted him and signed with Philly.

Comment

Dickinson is in Colorado for their development camp, hope Jacome is at one somewhere, he deserves it.

Comment

Says in the article he is unsure of where he's going to play next season, really hope it's Cedar Rapids if he plans on coming in 2019. Everything I see mentions his mobility and at his size it impresses me even more.

https://www.clnsmedia.com/bruins-201...elopment-camp/

Comment

Also if anyone is a subscriber to the athletic, here's a nice piece on Jake.
                    Jake Kielly attended camps for Winnipeg and the Wild last year, but Buffalo was a no-brainer this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X