2019-2020 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NCNYHockey9 View Post
    If you sit 100 people in a room, 50 will criticize the logo placement, 25 will like how it is and 25 wonít care. Thereís no pleasing everyone.

I also hope the reason behind having sponsors on the boards is understood...weíre small time D1. The sponsors on the boards allow the team to get equipment they need to keep up with the bigger programs.
    I'm one of the 25 that don't care .

Anyway the school can legally increase funding for both the men's AND WOMEN'S hockey programs is OK by me.
    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Logo doesnít bother me as long as they win. Over the years weíve had worse and weíve had better, the color scheme on the new jerseys and how those look matter more but even then they arenít the end all be all.

Canít wait for the season, I think a very bad ECAC is going to help settle this team in but I could seeing it starting out with some rough patches. The teams like Michigan, Providence, Wisconsin present different challenges but they all can get up and go, which could really hurt our defense.

Goaltending most people would consider our biggest question but I tend to believe that will be settled pretty quickly with Marotte winning the job and Oldham pushing him. I on the other hand feel that production from the blue line will be an issue. I guess Kuzmeski and McCarthy were solid on the point for the PP and Moro stepped up offensively last season but there arenít any true difference makers back there (which I really feel kills us come the NCAA Tournament) but itís a very tough to play against unit. I expected Hurley to have a big freshman year but adjusting to the college game and injuries kind of derailed that but Underwood was a huge bright spot, Hurley started out on PP early last year before not getting the opportunity late in the year, if he stays healthy Iíd say itís either him and Astren battling for that PP slot to pair with Moro if they want to keep Kuzmeski and McCarthy together.

The centers will also intrigue me, Cooper played in between Jacome and was on fire before his injury. Dunne will be our anchor, Callin really came on later in the season, Campoli will look to improve on a tough freshman year, just get the feeling those will be the preferred choices down the middle but so many of the guys played center in juniors so it will be interesting to see.

Comment

• I really wish I could agree with you (and Buccigross) but I think this team will have trouble getting a first round bye in a very, very weak ECAC. The goaltending is the number 1, 2, and 3 concerns. Losing a goaltender early is just not something that you can overcome in Potsdam, especially when you lose one of the best in the nation. By the time Jake left, there was no stud goaltender left on the table. They did a good job getting stopgaps, but you don't replace "one of the best in the nation" with "has division 1 experience".

The loss of Keilly will really expose this defense. Thow stepped up as a senior and Moro is tops in the conference for a defensive defenseman but behind Moro this year, there's a handful of guys that have significant weaknesses. Hurley impressed before his injury and I hope he can step up. McCarthy committed too many turnovers. Kuzmeski ideally would be a 6th or 7th defenseman on a D-1 team. I didn't really see anything out of Astren that would convince me he's going to be able to step into a top 4 role.

With the goaltending being "ok" but not able to save the defensive mistakes, you're going to see Casey go back to his old standby, the ultraconservative Casey. We don't have the guys on offense that can convert often enough with limited chances; they're better designed to work in the zone to score. If we go back to the dump and change, we aren't going to be able to sustain pressure.

Comment

• What happened to Kevin Charyszyn ? I do not see his name on the 19-20 rooster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
            What happened to Kevin Charyszyn ? I do not see his name on the 19-20 rooster.
            No longer on the team, but attending the school.
            2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• Clarkson in at number 3 in the preseason coaches poll.

https://www.ecachockey.com/men/2019-...and_All-League

1. Cornell
              2. Qpac
              3. Clarkson
              4. Hahvahd
              5. Ylae
              6. Dart
              7.Brom
              8.Onion
              9.RIP
              10 Prinny
              11.Gate
              60.SLUt

*Egle Preseason All League.
              Last edited by Drew; 09-17-2019, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• I think the coaches did a pretty good job in their assessment of the league. I think Cornell is head, if not head and shoulders, above the rest of the league. I think Clarkson at 3 is also a pretty accurate assessment. I don't know what to make of our goaltending. Yes, we have experience but I don't know what that experience is going to amount to. The one thing that I think is a positive is that 5-12 in the ECAC this year is probably not much higher than AHA in caliber. I expect Clarkson to be fighting for a first round bye going into the last weekend but if the goaltending is better than I expect, they could be competing for a league title.

One interesting little nugget with the poll is that the top 3 are travel partners of the bottom 3. I think that hurts all of the top 3 as opponents will really be gunning for the top 3 and on Saturdays, they'll have had the advantage of an "easy" game on Friday. A lot of our success in the 90's was because SLU was a tough game, regardless of their place in the standings. Teams came in tired after facing Marsh's squad on Friday. Today's SLU program might not even be the best in Canton...to say their program is a mess is an insult to most messes.

As far as the all league team is concerned, I think Egle is a really good pick. With another year under his belt, I actually think he could challenge Morgan Barron for player of the year in the ECAC.

Comment

• Media Poll very similar to the coaches poll, Clarkson comes in at #2

https://www.ecachockey.com/men/2019-...ens_Media_Poll

Comment

• Anyone know if the ECAC hockey games will be covered on ESPN+ again this season? I'm getting emails from them to renew.
                    On a related note, it would be nice if Clarkson had a separate announcing person/team for the video coverage, like the other schools have. Nothing against Mike V, but the radio play-by-play over the video is kind of lame. Not to mention all the hokey local (north county) commercials.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave techer View Post
                      Anyone know if the ECAC hockey games will be covered on ESPN+ again this season? I'm getting emails from them to renew.
                      On a related note, it would be nice if Clarkson had a separate announcing person/team for the video coverage, like the other schools have. Nothing against Mike V, but the radio play-by-play over the video is kind of lame. Not to mention all the hokey local (north county) commercials.
                      Yes they are.

Comment

• Women win tonight 4-3 over Syracuse. Playing at Cheel tomorrow at 3:00 PM. Anybody know if there is a new goal horn? The whistle isn't in it's spot.

Comment

• Nov 1 game now at Cheel not at SLUZER VILLE.!!! Appleton is way behind. No ice. Pathetic on SLU, another point showing how uncommitted SLU is to D1 hockey.

Comment

• Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a rooting conflict 2x this season:

https://unionathletics.com/coaches.aspx?path=mhockey
                            CCT '77 & '78

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a rooting conflict 2x this season:

https://unionathletics.com/coaches.aspx?path=mhockey
                              He is better looking than his dad.
                              Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                              If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Pardon my lack of knowledge but who is better looking than his Dad ?

Comment

Working...
                                X