No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Goal #1: Marotte gets banked from behind the net, flukey goal, what are you going to do, but I don’t love him standing up on the goal line there because you saw Providence try to take advantage of that a lot.

PC Goal #2: Marotte who is supposed to be a fine puck handler made an awful decision resulting in a wide open net.

PC Goal #3: Providence gets a point shot through a lot of traffic, nothing Marotte could do, if anything the forward needs to do a better job at covering his assignment and take away that shooting lane with the PC player being a lefty shot.

PC Goal #4: Marotte loses his footing and gives them another open net to shot at to ice the game.

My takeaways: There are a lot of fixable things about our situation, we’ve struggled getting pucks up ice which is resulting in other teams getting grade As from their forecheck. We aren’t valuing possession at all which is resulting in other teams possessing the puck against us. We will need Brosseau and Egle to play better going forward if we are a legitimate threat. Our special teams are really clicking and that’s very positive early on and should help us steal points here and there when we aren’t at our best. The penalties have to be cleaned up, yes the refs missed a hit on Campoli with just under 5 to play last night but then McCarthy goes up high on someone with 4:38 left, that can’t happen, we had all the momentum and it was killed at that point of the penalty. Marotte was very solid with traditional goaltending, still struggled a bit with rebounds but he was making nice saves mostly. 3 of those goals are on him but in such a weird fashion that I don’t know what to think. If he keeps it simple I think he’s going to be fine. Huge test ahead this upcoming weekend, Wisconsin can score goals with the best of them and seemed to have cleaned up their goaltending situation.

Comment

• Picks for this weekend
      ECAC picks:
      Clarkson at Wisconsin

Nate: A strong Clarkson defense will have its hands full with a Wisconsin team that has scored 20 goals over its last three games, highlighted by an eleven-goal outburst against Merrimack on Oct. 12. This feels like a split, with the Wisconsin offense and Clarkson defense each having a good game.

Friday: Wisconsin 5-2; Saturday: Clarkson 4-2

Mark: Cole Caufield takes a few more steps toward a 40-goal season and the good times continue to roll in Madison as the Badgers sweep.
      Friday: Wisconsin 4-1; Saturday: Wisconsin 5-2

Big Tens picks
      No. 13 Clarkson at No. 6 Wisconsin
      Friday and Saturday at 7:00 p.m.

At home last weekend, the Golden Knights beat Vermont and lost to Providence. Wisconsin grabbed headlines by sweeping Minnesota Duluth. Can the Badgers maintain their momentum after an emotional series against Duluth? It also remains to be seen whether the Wisconsin offense will continue to be so dominant. These teams met once last season, a home win for Clarkson. I’m not picking against the Badgers again until they lose.

Drew: Clarkson 3-2, Wisconsin 5-1
      Paula: Wisconsin 4-2, 4-2

Comment

• Tech shuts out Wisconsin 4-0 on the road!!

Comment

• Very impressive! Ate their Wheaties yesterday! I hope they have some juice left for today's game.
          TCS '96, CU '00

Comment

• 6 games down, no goals from the blue line corps.

If you didn’t see last night’s game, you missed a lopsided officiated game where the refs looked the other way when many Wisconsin infractions occurred, but the whistle came quickly for those made by CU players. Sad

Comment

• I actually felt like Clarkson played better tonight than they did last night. The PP looked lethal, even though they didn't score. They look as crisp as they did late last season and it's only October. Could be an exciting year.

Comment

• Wisconsin dominated the first 7-8 minutes of period one, Marotte was on it, Wisconsin dominated for 7-8 minutes to start the 2nd, they scored 3 goals, bang, bang, bang, you take those phases of the game out and it was a very impressive performance. But ultimately after coming back from 3-0 and tying it with just over a minute left we should’ve taken the momentum to overtime, there was absolutely no need for Hurley to step that late, the puck was out of the zone, it would’ve been impossible to even touch up on onside and head into the zone and score even IF he steps up and makes the play. Brosseau and Egle were dominant on the weekend, that line with Dunne was by far the best line on the ice all weekend.

Comment

• wow! very little chatter on this forum. As like all things, must be this is going by the way side as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ndlax View Post
                    wow! very little chatter on this forum. As like all things, must be this is going by the way side as well.
                    My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• I think the chatbox connected things more. Especially with game nights, now people go to the Facebook but that’s got to be rainbows and sunshine where as over here I feel you can express your thoughts more. I’ll try and be more proactive with clips and articles I find of future, present, and former players. I know twitter isn’t the greatest but it’s a great way to promote our programs so that’s where I find a lot of these things.

I can start with Friday night highlights, beautiful goals all around - https://twitter.com/clarksonmhockey/...873820673?s=21

Saturday the goals/the almost comeback, Brosseau - Dunne - Egle was the best line on the ice by a large margin - https://twitter.com/clarksonmhockey/...180479495?s=21

Then the most important play of the weekend - https://twitter.com/toddmilewski/sta...617277958?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post

Then the most important play of the weekend - https://twitter.com/toddmilewski/sta...617277958?s=21
                        Thanks for the video. I'm not really sure what Hurley was thinking but his choice of defending this rush was really poor, especially given the amount of time left in regulation. This was a mental error more than a physical one but I really believe in Hurley. His development was slowed due to injury last year but I think he'll become more solid as the season goes on.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post

Thanks for the video. I'm not really sure what Hurley was thinking but his choice of defending this rush was really poor, especially given the amount of time left in regulation. This was a mental error more than a physical one but I really believe in Hurley. His development was slowed due to injury last year but I think he'll become more solid as the season goes on.
                          Yeah the timing and everything just alarmed me with the situation at hand, Clarkson just tied the game up a minute ago and were in complete control of the game if they took it to OT you got the feeling it would’ve been a 4-3 win for Clarkson. It was a missed opportunity to take 3 or 4 points against a very good team but yes Hurley is a great player and will come back from that mistake.

One thing thats missing from this team is just a good skating smaller defenseman that can pair with Moro who would give that smaller defenseman a little bit more freedom, it’s nothing against Schneider he’s made great strides and is a leader but him on your first pairing isn’t ideal.
                          Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 10-29-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Looks like a simple case of playing the puck and not the body. It's early, we will grow.
                            2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                              Looks like a simple case of playing the puck and not the body. It's early, we will grow.
                              Even then though we had the 3rd forward high with Brosseau fumbling the face off so if he just keeps his forward to the outside it’s 2 on 2 with Brosseau back checking, it’s just awareness, let’s say he stops the puck carrier, there is probably less then 10 seconds in the game, we’d have to touch up onside and make a play with limited time remaining, it just wasn’t worth it. This team is going to blast the ECACs though and that one play doesn’t define anything, it’s just a learning experience.

Comment

• They made that one a little more difficult than they had to but got the win. Nice to see some secondary scoring from D and forwards, but gave up a lot of odd man breaks. I am not sold on the man to man in their own end. Giving up three to SLU is not great.

Comment

Working...
                                X