No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for not posting more recently. I just moved to Seattle for work. Between work with the time differential and watching college football on Saturdays, it’s been a little tough to actually watch games. I was able to catch the end of tonight’s game, and I have to say that, Clarkson looked like the better team, but they also looked raw at times. The jury is still out on this team.

Is tomorrow the “away” game at Cheel? Does anyone have more information on how that is going to work?

Comment

• Because both SLU games are at Tech this year, next year both games will be in the newly renovated Appleton

Comment

• Marotte struggles below the goal line and you can tell everyone is trying to exploit it, he’s a great first save goalie but after that first save then who knows. Not a great effort last night, I thought for our significant talent advantage we got outworked, Suthers was the best player on the ice probably and he’s good but it shouldn’t have been so easy for him.

Every single time I watch us play and I continue to wonder how Schneider is on the top pairing. His mobility and his difficulties advancing the puck up ice were again exploited and it was against a team that isn’t thought to be very good. Hurley bounced back big time and looked to be our best D last night.

There is no benefit of playing SLU 4 times though, if we return the favor next year I’d say that’s ridiculous. I’ve heard of alternative plans potentially but as of what I know currently that’s not in the cards, if it turns out to be true I just don’t get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
          Marotte struggles below the goal line and you can tell everyone is trying to exploit it, he’s a great first save goalie but after that first save then who knows. Not a great effort last night, I thought for our significant talent advantage we got outworked, Suthers was the best player on the ice probably and he’s good but it shouldn’t have been so easy for him.

Every single time I watch us play and I continue to wonder how Schneider is on the top pairing. His mobility and his difficulties advancing the puck up ice were again exploited and it was against a team that isn’t thought to be very good. Hurley bounced back big time and looked to be our best D last night.

There is no benefit of playing SLU 4 times though, if we return the favor next year I’d say that’s ridiculous. I’ve heard of alternative plans potentially but as of what I know currently that’s not in the cards, if it turns out to be true I just don’t get it.
          Only benefit to playing SLU 2 extra times is each school gets its biggest crowds for those 2 games plus the traveling expenses are minimized. Money talks and unless Cheel and Appleton starts to have standing room only crowds for all their games I do not see either school wanting to eliminate the 2 non-conference games between the rivals.
          Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
          If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Two games where we played down to the competition most of the time. It does happen to other teams, so perhaps it is a natural or youthful thing.

Comment

• Clarkson up to #8 in the USCHO Men's poll!

Comment

• I just think this last weekend is a product of Brekke preparing his guys. I’d agree there’s a talent gap but after the weekend who knows if there’s one NHLer on that ice. Clarkson has definitely gotten more skilled but for this team it all comes down to hard work, the 4 highlight goals Friday against Wisconsin isn’t going to happen most nights. We want to posses the puck, we want to win the 50/50 battles, we want to win net front. Brekke knew these things and definitely exploited things for instance they were headed back deep into the zone when they saw our D carry the puck because 9/10 times they’re going to get it deep instead of skate it so SLU cheated on that. I don’t know if it’s just me but SLU seemed to get a lot faster up front and with the added adrenaline from the rivalry, Buhl, Pickering, Steinmetz especially were flying around causing issues. Suthers is a player, credit to him and it seems like the freshman goalie could be promising if he plays like he did Saturday. Credit to Brent for turning it around that quick.

Still need to see more from our defense, Hurley was solid majority of the weekend, Underwood seems like he’s always solid. McCarthy has improved so much since he stepped on campus and with his size has probably earned himself NHL interest. Moro and Schneider have to be better, that goal to start the 3rd on Saturday is something a pee-wee team lets up off the opening face off. I will say Schneider reads the game really well, I’d say he’s our best D at overlapping the winger and understanding when to go but the final product rarely leads to a goal when he activates from the point but it gets the puck in dangerous situations most of the time. Credit to Schneider on Friday night as well, Campoli stayed high on that winning goal and Schneider found him in a tight space. Our offensive philosophy revolves around puck possession, I find our forwards do a great job winning the little battles to get it back up to the point and then they get back to the dirty areas in front, from then on though we need to better, the defense shots are struggling to get through, not good enough with the situational play whether there’s space to activate, whether the just have to get it back down low with not much space for error just anything other then get your pass or shot blocked at the point and the other team is going to other way on an odd man break. Forwards definitely have to be more opportunistic as well, seems like Egle could have 7-8 goals by now but he’s only got 2. Just to add I really like McFauls game, athletic lengthy dman that doesn’t fool around with it and wants to get pucks going north and south.

You never really know because it’s early and matchups are a huge thing come tourney time but I’d say this is the worst of the 3 teams in the past 3 years, I still think we make the tourney but it’s becoming more and more evident that in order to get over the hump with tournament success we are going to have to catch a few breaks and get at least 3 probably even 4 years out of the guys.
                Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 11-04-2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

Only benefit to playing SLU 2 extra times is each school gets its biggest crowds for those 2 games plus the traveling expenses are minimized. Money talks and unless Cheel and Appleton starts to have standing room only crowds for all their games I do not see either school wanting to eliminate the 2 non-conference games between the rivals.
                  I don’t believe it was meant to happen, a school backed out and it was a last minute fix.

Comment

• A few thoughts as ECAC play starts this weekend :

PK @ 94.7 % WOW

PP @ 17.2 % Needs to get over 20%

Need "secondary scoring"
                    Only 1 goal from D-Men
                    Cooper Campoli and Klack 2 goals and 5 points total Need much more

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post

I don’t believe it was meant to happen, a school backed out and it was a last minute fix.
                      Minnesota owes both of us a visit (unless they bought out the return visits).
                      CCT '77 & '78

Comment

• @Union tomorrow night. Big expectations from the Knights.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post
                          @Union tomorrow night. Big expectations from the Knights.
                          Perfect trap game. Playing at Messa. I have a bad feeling. Hope I'm wrong. The union beat writer has a great podcast on this weekends games...highly recommend.

Comment

• Men’s Picks:

Clarkson at Union
                            Nate: Clarkson looks like one of the top contenders in the league, while Union has struggled to get on track in the first month of the season. Clarkson 5-2
                            Mark: After two overtime wins last weekend, the Golden Knights get the job done in regulation time. Clarkson 6-4

Clarkson at Rensselaer
                            Nate: Like I said above, the Golden Knights are one of the top teams in the league. RPI has been solid so far, but the Engineers aren’t at that level yet. Clarkson 3-1
                            Mark: Frank Marotte of Clarkson has a .937 save percentage heading into the weekend. Advantage Golden Knights. Clarkson 4-1

Comment

• Brief diversion:

The club team is #4 in the region!!

http://achahockey.org/view/achahocke...ws/news_526667
                              CCT '77 & '78

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Brief diversion:

The club team is #4 in the region!!

http://achahockey.org/view/achahocke...ws/news_526667
                                Out of 7!!! 22 NE Teams were not eligible this week for rankings due to not being in Good Standings with the ACHA

Comment

Working...
                                X