No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a good game, against a very good team. We controlled play for the first 20 minutes, the back breaker was that we did not score first. We score first and that changes everything...the mo, the crowd and everything. We are and will get better.
    Last edited by Drew; 11-16-2019, 04:53 PM.
    2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• Article on Frank Marotte on the CHN page … https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...al-Benefit.php
      Interesting that Devin Brosseau had a hand in his coming to Clarkson.

Comment

• Great Special Teams play last night but that mistake early on can’t happen, against better teams they will jump all over that and look to pounce. Brown and Yale should be a test although it still should result in a 3 or 4 point weekend.

Comment

• Two Union Sophmores jumping ship.... wonder if this is first of many, if they are possible knight targets

Comment

• According to the UNION website there are 4 So on the team 3 D-men and 1 forward So who left ?

Comment

• Clarkson 2 Brown 1 OT

Well the better team won but the better team was lucky to win. How Brown missed on some of their odd man break ins is beyond me.
              Gonna have to be much sharper against Yale.
              Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
              If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                Clarkson 2 Brown 1 OT

Well the better team won but the better team was lucky to win. How Brown missed on some of their odd man break ins is beyond me.
                Couldn't agree more Vic...….some sloppy play by us and Brown was very tenacious.....they play hard and will be a problem for any team in the playoffs. They will be better as the season goes on...……..
                2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• https://dailygazette.com/article/201...-s-hockey-team

Not much in the way of targets from what I can tell. Look more like fringe players.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                    https://dailygazette.com/article/201...-s-hockey-team

Not much in the way of targets from what I can tell. Look more like fringe players.
                    what is reasoning for 'fringe" players? just wondering

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      Clarkson 2 Brown 1 OT

We passed the puck like twelve year olds. We may be the better team on paper, but Brown was the better team on the ice for more time than we were.

8,000 plus students at Brown, maybe a few hundred at the game. Now that is sad and says a lot about that college.

Comment

• Happy to see a multi goal victory over a bad Yale team. Thought we might see a different goalie tonight. Hoping Oldham gets some activity before we really need him.

Comment

• Clarkson should be better but getting wins without playing your best is probably sustainable against most ECAC teams. Especially the Brown game where the Bears had two or three wide open nets they couldn't take advantage of very late in the game. The passing wasn't crisp, the legs just weren't there. On a side note Kuzmeski and Tisdale getting hurt and sitting out Saturday night isn't good, if Kuzmeski has a lengthy injury then the 6 healthy defensemen are all we have, maybe we can bring in Kaelan Taylor in early or something.

With already having 10 wins with no truly horrific loss we are in really good shape in terms of the Pairwise. SLU is only competitive against us it seems with the rivalry and all so those two remaining games especially the one at Appleton will be tough but we should still win, sweeping Brown, Colgate, Princeton, RPI, SLU, Union, Yale puts us at 19 wins, yeah I could see a loss @ Colgate or a split with Princeton or something but we will be the favorites in all of those games and we should win them. That leaves Arizona State x2, Cornell, Dartmouth x2, Harvard x2, Michigan Tech x2, Quinnipiac x2, Cornell on their senior night isn't going to be easy but they know it won't be easy for them either, Clarkson Cornell games are always tight. Arizona State at home for COGO weekend should be a sweep as well but they could be a desperate team at that point, in our brief history they've really struggled against us including last seasons 3-0 shutout last season when they had one of the best goalies in the country that signed early with the Senators. Michigan Tech just swept Lake Superior St. and Northern Michigan in back to back weekends who are two huge rivalries for them and seem to be playing good hockey, they have a trip to Fairbanks to face a team that swept them at home earlier in the season, then Anchorage at home who they should sweep before welcoming Clarkson, a split would be fine here but I think we can sweep them on the road as well. Dartmouth gives us issues, I see a split there, Harvard is elite but we seem to play the tough I think we each get a home win. Quinnipiac seems to be struggling as well but they have a solid program and could get hot too, at the least it needs to be a split there. Those results are going to get us into the tournament once again and we don't even have to be too impressive throughout, the potential is there to do so but we will have to see how injuries play a factor.

Comment

• Any historians out there care to figure out when the last time the Clarkson men (#6 this week) were ranked higher than the women (#7)?

Comment

• Originally posted by dave techer View Post
                              Any historians out there care to figure out when the last time the Clarkson men (#6 this week) were ranked higher than the women (#7)?
                              Clarkson was #1 for a week for the men I believe when they went on that crazy run in 17-18 winning 14 straight, I could be mistaken, and even then the women could’ve been #1 at that time as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post

Clarkson was #1 for a week for the men I believe when they went on that crazy run in 17-18 winning 14 straight, I could be mistaken, and even then the women could’ve been #1 at that time as well.
                                The men never hit number 1 that year, but they did spend one weekend ahead of the women at the beginning of December when they were #3 and the women were #4.

Comment

Working...
                                X