X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
    What the heck ?

Tech loses 1-3 to RPI
    19 Day layoff.... Bet that doesn't happen next year.

Comment

• How our defensemen move the puck is laughable. 12 with his customary whiffed pass turnover leading to a good minute plus shift for RPI. Egle was doing too much tonight, you could tell he didn’t trust Cooper as he does Brosseau.

Comment

• Terrible passing all night, except on the 5 on 3 when they were more than willing to pass up a shot to make a perfect pass. Only one forward seemed to be skating with any purpose tonight, and he was on the fourth line and got a goal. Looked like the Brown game but RPI actually scored on their chances.

Has to be a wake up call. I don't know if this team is good enough to survive a bad second semester which seems to be a pattern over the past few years.
        If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.

Comment

• Brett, very good summary.

It was almost like this team didn't practice since early December. Having a lay-off is no excuse, because every team has one. Were all the lines mixed up vs. what we saw in Nov/Dec '19? Sure seems like they were. Yes, the players play and they lost, but the level of preparation from the highly paid coaching staff seems like in previous years to start the new year - a bit amiss.

Cornell went on the road to a very good Ohio State and kicked their butt. Wish we could do stuff like that, but our track record has been very limited improvement in the team throughout the year and last knight, I actually thought we looked worse than we did compared to the first game out in Michigan. The train better get back on the tracks tonight.
          Last edited by Remember Walker; 01-04-2020, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• What in the world happend last night. They were doing great, then got a huge break off, and the break messed them up. But still, how do you lose to RPI in an upset.

Comment

• I mean let’s review here, Michigan to start the year which now we know are an average team, we get 3 points without Brosseau, a lot of that weekend was due to Marotte. We come home in the opener at Cheel and play terrible for majority of the game but Tsekos saves the day with his hat trick against a bad Vermont team. Marotte has a stinker, we lose to a good Providence team. Go out to a supposedly good Wisconsin team, dominate Friday, lose a point for no reason on Saturday, we now know Wisconsin is average. Come back home sneak two OT wins against 58 in the Pairwise SLU, I respect the rivalry and the Brekke circumstance but we haven’t dominated them on our home ice once and we’ve had 3 cracks at them, that Appleton game screams a loss. Struggled for 38 minutes against a bad Union team, followed it up with a 2-1 win against RPI that could’ve gone the other way too. Struggle at home against Cornell in a HUGE game, respond with maybe the most complete effort of the year with a 5-1 win against Colgate. Steal one at Brown we had no business winning, follow it up with a win against a Yale team with no confidence at that time. SLU where we were solid but nothing special as mentioned above. Michigan Tech series where it’s a difficult road trip, we were very lucky to gain 3 points between Marottes 3rd period performance Friday and then Tech taking an idiotic 5 minute major on Saturday where we pounced. Then you have last nights game, were not a great home team currently which is very scary going forward with a lot of 2nd half home games.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
                I mean let’s review here, Michigan to start the year which now we know are an average team, we get 3 points without Brosseau, a lot of that weekend was due to Marotte. We come home in the opener at Cheel and play terrible for majority of the game but Tsekos saves the day with his hat trick against a bad Vermont team. Marotte has a stinker, we lose to a good Providence team. Go out to a supposedly good Wisconsin team, dominate Friday, lose a point for no reason on Saturday, we now know Wisconsin is average. Come back home sneak two OT wins against 58 in the Pairwise SLU, I respect the rivalry and the Brekke circumstance but we haven’t dominated them on our home ice once and we’ve had 3 cracks at them, that Appleton game screams a loss. Struggled for 38 minutes against a bad Union team, followed it up with a 2-1 win against RPI that could’ve gone the other way too. Struggle at home against Cornell in a HUGE game, respond with maybe the most complete effort of the year with a 5-1 win against Colgate. Steal one at Brown we had no business winning, follow it up with a win against a Yale team with no confidence at that time. SLU where we were solid but nothing special as mentioned above. Michigan Tech series where it’s a difficult road trip, we were very lucky to gain 3 points between Marottes 3rd period performance Friday and then Tech taking an idiotic 5 minute major on Saturday where we pounced. Then you have last nights game, were not a great home team currently which is very scary going forward with a lot of 2nd half home games.
                Excellent recap of the season to date. When we did not score on the nearly 2 minute 5X3 PP in the first I knew we were doomed. Watched thru period 2 but after that I gave up and did some other things. I wonder how long I will be watching toknight?
                Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Some Clarkson OOC.
                  on eLynah, a post was put that Clarkson is playing 2 at Arizona State next season. It was also stated that they could be matching up in a tournament, so one of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by vicb View Post

Excellent recap of the season to date. When we did not score on the nearly 2 minute 5X3 PP in the first I knew we were doomed. Watched thru period 2 but after that I gave up and did some other things. I wonder how long I will be watching toknight?
                    Fair weather fan!!

Comment

• If we have to pay for watching these games why oh why do we have to watch all those commercials? College hockey is almost as bad as college basketball with all these freakin delays for commercials. Call me old but i’m sick of commercials being stuffed at me everywhere...especially when we have to pay through espn.
                      Last edited by Remember Walker; 01-04-2020, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ndlax View Post

Fair weather fan!!
                        Actually it was rainy and cloudy here in Merryland.

And I did watch the whole game toknight.

Can't say I was impressed but a win is a win.
                        Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                        If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Clarkson won 2-0 last night. Only 1st period was good. Every other period was boring, because no goals were scored except the 1st/

Comment

• Where was Brosseau ? Hurt or sick ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
                              Where was Brosseau ? Hurt or sick ?
                              Upper Body injury in the Mich Tech series.
                              Vicb

Comment

• Not a great weekend. I actually though the intensity was good both nights, but poise with the puck with a few exceptions was nonexistent, looked like high school hockey. Didn't help that I had just watched a bunch of World Juniors...

Comment

Working...
                                X