No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very improved effort last night vs. Quinny. Quinny had many good chances, but thankfully, those flex-shaft sticks led them to miss hitting the puck on four of those where their player was alone out in the slot. How they can get those chances, and pass like that, while we can't seem to do the same in our offense was surprising. Fourth line (Tisdale, McLean and Collins) played very well and kudos to Campoli and Jacome for turning on the light. Get ready for the road...and today's wind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ndlax View Post

so maybe the athletic teams shouldn't show then.....
      I'll be on board with that logic as soon as they start giving out Pep Band scholarships.

Also arguably the men's team didn't show up given that RPI loss!

Comment

• Massive offensive improvement last night. They have been in a funk since the break. Too much time off and missing Brosseau? Last night was encouraging. Loving the secondary scoring. Tsekos played a really nice game, and Jamie Collins has really been buzzing the last couple weeks.

I asked Brosseau Friday night if he thought he would play next weekend at Dart/Harv and unfortunately, he told me “ no, I don’t think so.”

Comment

• Originally posted by daredevilcu View Post

I'll be on board with that logic as soon as they start giving out Pep Band scholarships.

Also arguably the men's team didn't show up given that RPI loss!
          last i check basketball didn't get scholarships???? You join a team, like the pep band you are in or out. Like being pregnant either you are or you are not. YOu watch, the pep banders will be all out for COGO, next trip to Ireland etc...But if a playoff game is not when school is in ????
          YOu are right team didn't show up, no energy in the place.

Comment

• Pep Band doesn't set the schedule. Clarkson doesn't set the ECAC schedule. If the band was there, who would be there to listen? Students aren't on campus either. Even with the men's team becoming good again, the student section has been tepid at best. We can debate the reasons why all day long, but calling out the band for being home on break is absurd.
            If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.

Comment

• We should just be lucky we have a pep band, and they travel as well which I don’t believe any other band does as much as ours.

If we get production from all 4 lines we can be dangerous, the defense moved pucks well and weren’t being so direct with their play, we saw a lot of purposely missed shots and forwards crashing the net trying to get rebounds along with defensemen with head up finding a forward who got great net front positioning like Jacome for the 2nd goal. Great strategy from the coaching staff with the smaller Quinnipiac defensemen. Tisdale might not be the most responsible 200 foot player but in his limited opportunities he now has 4 goals, that 4th line of Collins - Tisdale - MacLean was great to watch all weekend, they worked extremely hard.

What I like about last night is we go down early 1-0, we get it back, we go down 2-1 and once again we get it right back and then strike quickly to take the lead and never let it go. Really happy to see McFaul be a regular, with his play I believe that’s well deserved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brett Gobe View Post
                Pep Band doesn't set the schedule. Clarkson doesn't set the ECAC schedule. If the band was there, who would be there to listen? Students aren't on campus either. Even with the men's team becoming good again, the student section has been tepid at best. We can debate the reasons why all day long, but calling out the band for being home on break is absurd.
                Absurd is very polite. Love the band and their commitment.....keep doing what you do! I appreciate and respect it all.
                2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

Pep Band doesn't set the schedule. Clarkson doesn't set the ECAC schedule. If the band was there, who would be there to listen? Students aren't on campus either. Even with the men's team becoming good again, the student section has been tepid at best. We can debate the reasons why all day long, but calling out the band for being home on break is absurd.
                  Totally agree on who sets schedule. I respect your opinion on Pep band, but to blame others for lack of energy by the team is that individuals opinion as well. Mine happens to be Pep Band, b/c the TEAM gets energy from the BAND the Crowd etc. Routinely over my years of following tech i've heard coaches and players say the impact/energy the pep band brings.

I'm old school in that if you sign up for something, you ask for donations to support you group then you better be at the events. Its my opinion. To say its ABSURD, sir is yours which I don't agree with. So MR GOBE its my point of view and for saying its absurd b/c its not the same as yours is narrow. You have a GREAT DAY

Comment

• Vote for Brosseau, Egle, or Marotte for Hobey Baker.
                    https://www.hobeybaker.com/vote

Comment

• Lose 3-2 to Dartmouth

Comment

• If we could finish a 2 on 1 we'd be a pretty good team.
                        If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.

Comment

• Well theme of the season when we are bad, Dartmouth sits everyone behind the forwards and dare the defense to skate it, they don’t and force a pass to the forwards and it results in a turnover 80% of the time. Underwood very well could be taking a seat tomorrow for that mite level turnover to lead to the 3rd Dartmouth goal but I wouldn’t say Astren is better. With the extra attacker Casey decided on McFaul and McCarthy, probably fair as IMO they’ve been our two best defensemen all year and were mostly solid tonight. McCarthy 7 goals, Astren + Hurley + Kuzmeski + McFaul + Moro + Schneider + Underwood 4 goals, and obviously most of McCarthys goals are because of being on PP1. Can’t believe the drop off for Moro, it’s truly shocking, can’t say I’ve been too impressed with Hurleys progression either from what was expected. A lot of our puck possession game involves the defense, why we don’t have defensemen to make plays is truly shocking with the exception of McCarthy and 5x5 he has his ups and downs.

Comment

• CU2FF, this team, like every Casey team, simply does not pass well. Offensive theory is missing and that makes it very difficult to come back when behind. Sad.

Comment

If we could finish a 2 on 1 we'd be a pretty good team.
                              And hitting 3 posts and one crossbar (I think) really hurt. First Dart goal not sure what the hell Marotte and the D were thinking shoveling the puck between them like a hot potato. In addition on the winning goal Marotte goes down on his knees thinking he stopped the shot 5 hole but has his pads spread out on the ice. The puck is sitting between his pads and the Dart player scores. He squeezes his pads together and no goal. Coulda woulda shoulda won this game 4 or 5 to 1.
                              Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                              If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• I have lived in Hanover for almost 10 years now, 2 miles from the rink. I don't even go anymore when Clarkson is here. I don't have any confidence that they'll win against a usually not very good Dartmouth team. Not surprised by last night's result.
                                TCS '96, CU '00

Comment

Working...
                                X