No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am assuming the following is from someone on the Forum. Thanks for the Clarkson Hockey Puck. Not gonna name you (J. O.) but I see your name on the ebay delivery package. Whatever I did to deserve this it is greatly appreciated.
    Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
    If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Watched the video replay highlights on the Dartmouth website Painful to see the Clarkson "should have been goals" and the Clarkson giveaways.

Comment

• We had a really good 10 minutes there and had some other bright moments so they will mask the bad but that early turnover from Kuzmeski was really bad and McCarthy kind of had a lapse of judgement on the 3rd Harvard goal. So many penalties so it really ruined the flow of the game. Special teams really are impressive in most regards though. Currently 8th in the Pairwise, Arizona State coming in for COGO is a good chance to solidify the resume, I'm leaning towards a split because Arizona State will be playing desperate hockey with this being by far the toughest test they have remaining on their schedule but I think we can sweep any weekend if our special teams and goaltending are on. Yale seems to be playing well lately, that's a trap series along with Brown that we need to sweep at home, @ Cornell, @ Quinnipiac, vs Dartmouth, vs Harvard are going to be tough games with all of those teams either solidly in the NCAA picture (Cornell) or on the bubble (the others). The SLU game at Appleton scares me and is a Pairwise killer if we lose that game, Brown, Princeton, SLU all fall into that territory, the game @ Colgate will be tough as well as they've been good in the league but I think we should beat that Colgate team. I'd like to believe we are solidly locked in for a top 4 slot but I'd like to see us push Cornell, they're bound to stumble (hopefully.....I think), we just need to give ourselves a chance for the 1 seed with that last game at Lynah. It's probably a pipe dream but even the 2 seed is good, probably going to have to face a Colgate/Dartmouth/RPI/Yale at Cheel either way which could be tough but we are experienced with these situations now, definitely would like to avoid Dartmouth though that team has given us issues in years past and they looked pretty good in all areas last night.
        Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 01-18-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

• The bad turnover leads to the 1st Hahvad goal, take a dumb penalty when you are nearing the end of the 1st period with a 4-1 lead and then Moro gets undressed by Abruzzese (the kid goes 5 hole on him and then skate around him like he is a pylon) and then scores a beautiful top shelf goal on Marotte. That kid IMHO was the best player on the ice and Clarkson was lucky they held him to 2 goals. Glad Clarkson won but a lot of work to do on the defensive end and limiting penalties without losing the team physicality.
          Last edited by vicb; 01-19-2020, 10:51 AM.
          Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
          If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Believe I made a Mr. Gobe siting tonight.. Unless he has a fan club and Gobe jerseys...

Comment

• Can't believe this game was only a 2-1 outcome and OT to boot. We controlled the puck along the boards for vast stretches of the game, cycled and cycled and got the puck out front but could never score on a number of chances. Jacome's game winner was all Josh Dunn, Control the puck along the boards, cycle behind the net, come out and pass across the crease where Jacome gets position on his defender and he buries it. On the Arizona State side, thank God Mario Lemieux's son is not a chip off the old block when it comes to scoring. I think it was period 3, has a wide open net from about 5 feet away with no Clarkson defender within it seemed like 10 feet and he some how misses the net. Should be another entertaining game toknight.

Vicb

Comment

• Michigan is coming to Cheel next season somewhere around the end of October.

Comment

• The atmosphere of that game, may have been one of the most electric for non playoff/SLU game since the opening night vs BC.

Thank you pep band and alums....Your support helps.

#27 most improved since start of season.

Comment

• Another game they gave away with some very shoddy defense. It was a fun game to watch IMHO (other than the final score).
                    Dropped in the Pairwise from #6 after Fridays Game to #8 after Saturdays game.

Last edited by vicb; 01-26-2020, 06:20 AM.
                    Vicb

Comment

• Originally posted by ndlax View Post
                      #27 most improved since start of season.
                      On the other end of the spectrum is #12.
                      Good drinking game would be every time Mike V says "missed the net" take a sip. You'd be wasted by halftime.
                      Sad but this looks like another one-and-done NCAA tourney team to me.

Comment

• This is the scary thing, I think we are better then that team, I think we showed that a lot of the time this weekend but they were structured. If we sneak into the tourney it will be another one and done unless we potentially set ourselves up to play ASU again. If you make the Clarkson defense try and beat you then they’re going to have a tough time. ASU shaded McCarthy to eliminate him for most of the weekend. It’s disappointing I even have to say this but our defense is going to lose 3 seniors, we will replace them with the likes of Beck, Pasanen, Power, Taylor, idk whether it’s 3 or 4 but those guys have more to their game then our 3 seniors have, all of them are either in their 1st or 2nd USHL season and crucial players for their teams, Kuzmeski (NAHL) Moro (AJHL), Schneider (BCHL), Moro was the only one who consistently played early, he’s yet to build off of last year. This is what happens when your recruiting gets better because of the recent success, I still don’t know how good those freshman are but they’re more complete players then those seniors were coming in and I hope it shows.

Comment

• I had the opportunity to be at Cheel this past weekend for the ASU games. Even in Friday's 44-24 SOG difference, ASU played a better structured game of passing and finding opportunities in the slot. From my perspective viewing, ASU had more quality scoring chances. Without Marotte's play, both games could have been ugly. In Saturday's game, ASU changed their style of play to pick on weaknesses seen on Friday night, which helped their break-out by placing a wing on the weak side up ice and boy did that get the puck moving. Our only modification from Friday seemed like a change to Casey 101 dump and change hockey, but this time there usually was a fore-checker chasing. D&C hockey reduces both quality scoring chances (shots on goal) and opportunities to draw penalties, and we saw both of those happen. That style of hockey is practiced by the weaker team and teams who can't pass to attack, both qualities not good heading into the end of the year. Still, we had our chances and the defense played some pretty good defensive hockey in front of a stellar Marotte. If Marotte came in and Kiely were still here, me thinks Jake might not be sweating much this season. Weekend had the air of the NCAA tourney and the Cheel was humming.

I can't argue about the comments about not hitting the net. We had a handful of great opportunities where we shot wide or high. No one ever scored going there, so HIT the net. As for Moro, he played a great defensive game and I believe he's playing a step back to insure we have a defense - perhaps a "mother hen" type syndrome.

As for Gold Out....well, it sucked as far as the Saturday game went. Where were the team's GOLD JERSEY'S??? No gold shirts for the fans, no gold towels to waive...nothing free of course, unless you paid more money to the institution, and even then they didn't even offer a gold shirt for sale. Sad The only gold I saw was a few old Gold shirts and the Alum Trumpeter's Giant Gold Cowboy hat. The band sounded amazing, by the way!

ASU fans who made the trip were some class act people and I do hope that they left with the same feeling for CU fans, many who I heard welcoming them to CU with smiles and congrats on such a great new program. ASU coach Powers seems like a really good coach and I do not look for this program to go down. Mario Lemieux's son is on ASU and will be a force to reckon with next year and the year after.

Comment

• "As for Gold Out....well, it sucked as far as the Saturday game went. Where were the team's GOLD JERSEY'S??? No gold shirts for the fans, no gold towels to waive...nothing free of course, unless you paid more money to the institution, and even then they didn't even offer a gold shirt for sale. Sad The only gold I saw was a few old Gold shirts and the Alum Trumpeter's Giant Gold Cowboy hat. The band sounded amazing, by the way!"

I was thinking the same thing watching from a distance on ESPN+. Asked a friend from the area to get me this years shirt and he said they didn't give any out this year. You have an event called "Cold Out, Gold Out" and wear your white jerseys as opposed to your gold jerseys? Am I missing something here? Did they even try to get shirts or anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeR View Post
                              Believe I made a Mr. Gobe siting tonight.. Unless he has a fan club and Gobe jerseys...
                              Next time say Hello!
                              If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.

Comment

• New Year's in Milwaukee??

https://madison.com/sports/college/h...mpression=true
                                CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Working...
                                X