2019-2020 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    When will the ECAC get smart and offer their own tournaments in Lake Placid, Albany, Springfield, Watertown, the Big Apple, or along the I90 corridor? This one for two madness needs to stop with Western teams because it proliferates their home ice advantage. We just completed two games in Wisco and now we're heading back on the road there again. If only College Hockey ratings and measurers, such as the pairwise, really measured home and away like they should. As it is, the ECAC is always negatively biased toward playing those teams more away than at home and that hurts attendance, recruiting, and us in the pairwise because it lends to weaken the overall schedule of teams like us and the red from Ithaca. The line-up listed would be a nice trip & treat if being played in, say, New York City or even Cleveland. I'd rather all the ECAC teams protest and only schedule eastern teams than any B10 or WCHA/HCHC schools who will not play two and two...hear that silly golden gophers!!!

Comment

• That tourney isn't in Madison, it's 80 miles away in Milwaukee, a neutral site. Potsdam is closer than that to Lake Placid. Would be nice if we could play UConn there, I believe one of the few (maybe only?) Div 1 teams Clarkson has never played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brett Gobe View Post

Next time say Hello!
        Always try to get section 13. Let me know next time you go!

Comment

• Even though the team won 4-1 last knight, Brown controlled a number of minutes buzzing around in the Clarkson defensive end and had a few odd man rushes and some wide open shots at Marotte that "Juuuuust missed the net". Thank God for the PP (2 for 3) and PK (4 for 4).
          Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
          If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• Still a lot of hockey left, but Cornell’s stumbles the past couple of weeks have put Clarkson in control of its own destiny as far as the Cleary Cup goes. While the Golden Knights have been far from perfect in the second semester, the collapse people were anticipating has yet to materialize. The various computer-based polls (PairWise, RPI, and KRACH) actually like Clarkson more now than they did in the first semester.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydra88 View Post
              Still a lot of hockey left, but Cornell’s stumbles the past couple of weeks have put Clarkson in control of its own destiny as far as the Cleary Cup goes. While the Golden Knights have been far from perfect in the second semester, the collapse people were anticipating has yet to materialize. The various computer-based polls (PairWise, RPI, and KRACH) actually like Clarkson more now than they did in the first semester.
              In the only Rankings that mean anything,the Pairwise, in 7th place, just behind BC and UMD and just ahead of ASU and UMass.

Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
              If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

• There are a lot of teams out there with weaknesses this year. Beyond the top 2, there are a group of schools between 3 and 13 or 14 that have strengths and weaknesses that have been evident throughout the season. I finally thought with the 3 goal lead we established over Brown last night, we were going to have an "easy and dominant" night that we should be having against lower opponents. In an odd twist, Brown actually came out and outworked us in the second half of the game. A bad Yale team kept the game close although they really couldn't compete with our talent level, which means exactly nothing in a one-game playoff. One bounce and Yale could have put themselves in the game, despite being outplayed on both sides of the ice.

College hockey is full of parity this year, not only in the ECAC but throughout D-1. The teams are built in different ways but they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Quinnipiac struggled against a good, but still AHA level team, losing to Sacred Heart in the Connecticut Beanpot final. Then they come out and take Cornell to the cleaners on Friday night. They followed that huge win up with an inspiring performance (though a win) against a middle-of-the-road Colgate team. I watched a bit of the Colgate/QU game on replay and honestly the Bobcats seemed to have no gameplan for the Raiders, except to just throw the kitchen sink at the net and see if it will work. I know many folks here say we try to create too much and don't pass enough, but QU looked to be just the opposite last night and it didn't work too well for them either.

Comment

• Clarkson Hockey 2020-2021 as I know it: (ecac schedule on eLynah not listing games here)
                  @ St.Lawrence x2 November 13th and 14th
                  vs Michigan x2 November 27th and 28th (still not positive)
                  Milwaukee Tournament vs UConn December 28th (championship & constellation on December 29th)
                  All I know for OOC right now, will post here or if 2020-2021 schedule thread gets created.

Comment

• UVM job opening.... with the announcement across the lake. I see Josh Hauge name is being tossed in by pundits. While it would be great for Josh, I hope he stays at Tech. UVM is a sleeping giant that I hope doesn't wake up. Great city, close to montreal, highways near by. But, its a Basketball school so no funding towards hockey (kinda like a school at Rt 11)

Oh, BTW SLU STILL SUCKS!!!

Comment

• 8 below zero and you can't make ice. Money was not spent wisely by SLU. Wow. Hope all are ok, that went down in the ruts...

Comment

• Another game that Frank Marotte was the #1 star. Once again, he makes several spectacular saves to keep us in the lead while our team struggled in our D zone. I do so much hope he gets his chance in the AHL or higher.

CU needs to find a way to consistently score 4 goals a game. We've only scored 3 or more 4 times in the past 11 games and we're getting into the toughest part of the schedule and nearing post season. That will not cut it once we play big boys from other conferences.

Comment

• Egle came back and played the 3rd, Tsekos never returned for the 3rd period.. Hope he’s okay.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheelFaithful92 View Post
                            Egle came back and played the 3rd, Tsekos never returned for the 3rd period.. Hope he’s okay.
                            Tsekos seemed to miss most of 2nd i feel as well. Did anyone see what may have happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember Walker View Post
                              Another game that Frank Marotte was the #1 star. Once again, he makes several spectacular saves to keep us in the lead while our team struggled in our D zone. I do so much hope he gets his chance in the AHL or higher.

CU needs to find a way to consistently score 4 goals a game. We've only scored 3 or more 4 times in the past 11 games and we're getting into the toughest part of the schedule and nearing post season. That will not cut it once we play big boys from other conferences.
                              It was a pretty bad game against a far, far, far, far inferior team. For SLU, it is their game of the year and they played like it. I wouldn't take too much stock in a rivalry game being an ugly win. I'm just happy it was a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by FireKnight View Post

It was a pretty bad game against a far, far, far, far inferior team. For SLU, it is their game of the year and they played like it. I wouldn't take too much stock in a rivalry game being an ugly win. I'm just happy it was a win.
                                I think that SLU is better than their record would indicate. This is a team that has been competitive in almost every game since the New Year, but simply cannot score. I wouldn’t be surprised in SLU is quite clear of the ECAC basement in upcoming years.

As for Clarkson, our games since New Year’s have shown that we will play to the level of our competition. This can be bad when playing teams like we have the last few weeks, but will be useful come tournament time (presuming we don’t collapse out of the NCAA tournament in the next month).

Comment

Working...
                                X