No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Clarkson Men's Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I checked the Yale 2003-04 site and found that SLU scored 1 in the first 1. in the second. and 3 in period 3 for at total of 5 No OT was involved.

Comment

• It was there as Bill stated, like he said, no Silye which is probably best for him as it’d be tough to crack the lineup despite all his promise in all 3 zones. It was Gosselin, Marotte, McFaul, Robert, Romano along with Oldham and Tsekos becoming eligible. I can’t think of a reason they’d take it down unless there’s someone else in the fold they’re waiting to get the green light on, with the amount of injuries that can happen in college hockey I feel it’d be arrogant to carry only 15, 9, 3

Gosselin, Romano, Tsekos are all going to have chances to crack the lineup and will help having a right handed shot.

As always we will see mixing and matching but any combo of forwards is going to work with this group.

Brosseau, Dunne, Egle, Jacome are PP locks up front and could be spread out over three lines if need be but even if we stack our first two lines there still should be formidable 3rd and 4th lines.

Wouldn't mind something like this:

Brosseau - Dunne - Egle/Tsekos
      Jacome - Cooper - Egle/Tsekos
      Klack - Callin - Romano
      Tisdale - Campoli - Gosselin/MacLean depending on the type of game

Collins, Gosselin/MacLean, Robert, will all get time throughout the grind of the season.

Comment

• Idk lol but its kinda funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by cutothefrozen4 View Post
          It was there as Bill stated, like he said, no Silye which is probably best for him as it’d be tough to crack the lineup despite all his promise in all 3 zones. It was Gosselin, Marotte, McFaul, Robert, Romano along with Oldham and Tsekos becoming eligible. I can’t think of a reason they’d take it down unless there’s someone else in the fold they’re waiting to get the green light on, with the amount of injuries that can happen in college hockey I feel it’d be arrogant to carry only 15, 9, 3

Gosselin, Romano, Tsekos are all going to have chances to crack the lineup and will help having a right handed shot.

As always we will see mixing and matching but any combo of forwards is going to work with this group.

Brosseau, Dunne, Egle, Jacome are PP locks up front and could be spread out over three lines if need be but even if we stack our first two lines there still should be formidable 3rd and 4th lines.

Wouldn't mind something like this:

Brosseau - Dunne - Egle/Tsekos
          Jacome - Cooper - Egle/Tsekos
          Klack - Callin - Romano
          Tisdale - Campoli - Gosselin/MacLean depending on the type of game

Collins, Gosselin/MacLean, Robert, will all get time throughout the grind of the season.
          Interesting that Robert had #28 attached to his name, and you do not mention Charyszyn, any insight?
          2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post

Interesting that Robert had #28 attached to his name, and you do not mention Charyszyn, any insight?
            Iííve heard Kevin will stay in school but wonít be a student athlete. Injuries and all really hurt him last year and I wish nothing but the best for him going forward and itís great heís earning his degree. I guess that also could be a reason why thereís only 15 forwards because thatís the amount of scholarship money that was available.

Comment

• That is a real shame. He had such a great freshman year I thought he was going to push for first line time by this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
                Drew,

Right you are. Now I'm really confused.
                I am confused also. We typically announce earlier than this, leads me to believe someone may have had clearing house issues. You may see Silye yet.
                2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

• I just read the article on the Clarkson site and the news of the incoming hockey players is no different than the previous story which was pulled.

Still no Silye What gives ?

Comment

• Wait, if Oldham for Marotte is starter, that leaves one of them backup, that means either Jazen or Latinovich won't be playing next year.

Comment

• I have no idea why the staff would want to go into the season with 15 forwards and 8 defensemen, it just seems weird based off of what happened last season. I guess they could be forced into this situation but it feels like Robert will need some time to transition into the college game and potentially Gosselin too as he works on his frame then you have Collins/MacLean/Tisdale that put it together at times but will be looking to grow this season. I hope Cooper is up for the task, I know he works so hard to get back I really hope he can stay healthy and have the breakout season he started last year, we won't be able to cope with two or three major injuries considering we only have 4 guys up in the stands. It will be nice having a reliable backup with the trio of Marotte/Oldham/Latinovich (if I were to guess that'd be the order).

I mean at this point the expectations shouldn't alter much, there's a lot of experience on this team combined with plenty of talent and a very structured system. It'd be nice to win in the NCAAs but getting there for a 3rd consecutive season would be amazing compared to where we were at the start of the Jones era and has to be the target point for this campaign as well. The ECAC probably will have the familiar foes at the top once again, you can guess the order any which way but I'd say it's another Clarkson, Cornell, Harvard, Quinnipiac top four season, Dartmouth and Yale will push for the 4 spot. Hopefully there will be more great memories in Placid this season as we will never know when that tradition will come to a stop once again, I hope they extend but I wouldn't be surprised if they move locations once again. The early season games against Michigan, Providence, Wisconsin will be huge measuring stick games and will be favorable games to win for the Pairwise, even Arizona State if they can build off what they did last year could be a nice late season series.

Comment

• So I was looking at Clarskon Athletics, and came across this:
                        Does anybodyknow if this as a new logo?

Comment

• That is the new logo. Should have hired whoever designed the Las Vegas Golden Knight logo.

Comment

• The Clarkson club hockey team has a better logo IMHO.

Comment

• So that mens a new center ice logo and new jerseys?

Comment

• The logo is puzzling to me as I haven't seen many people like it since being released to the public yet the people who made the decision obviously gave the green light. Overall it doesn't bother me as much as our color scheme, the highlight yellow a few years ago was dreadful and the mustard jerseys in the early 2000s were just an absolute disgrace. I'm sure they could just put the new patch onto the old jerseys but it will be interesting to see, I'm good with the Clarkson compared to the logo jerseys unless it is the old knight head that is such a classy logo.

Comment

Working...
                                X