https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fviAVfbkmGQ

Leave a comment:

• Bill'70
    replied
    J. F. Houle is assistant coach for Condors

Leave a comment:

• Remember Walker
    replied
    The Condors website also indicates that they have signed Liam Folkes, a CU commit who departed at the last minute for Penn State. Now we will be able to see what those two could have done together up in P-dam had Folkes not backed out... Great news for Devin that he has two more years of the game ahead, if not more.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoTech16
    replied
    Brosseau signs a 2 year contract to the Bakersfield Condors, the Edmonton Oilers affiliate team. Good luck for him.

Leave a comment:

• NCNYHockey9
    replied
    In all honesty it made me feel better. Despite everything going on, we were still one and done so the world hasn't completely gone insane...

Leave a comment:

• daredevilcu
    replied
    Everybody copes differently and these sites are there to make money as well. They have to figure out something to get traffic for ad revenue.

I think it's pointless as well but if anyone gets any entertainment or distraction out of it, more power to them.

Leave a comment:

• dave techer
    replied
    Maybe it's just me still mad as h-e-double hockey sticks over the end of the season and suffering from hockey (and all sports really) withdrawal, but the simulated NCAA tourney games on uscho and chn are the stupidest thing I've seen in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill'70 View Post
    On USCHO simulated tourney BC took out Cornell to go to F4 Tech lost to Mass 4-3 despite early goals by Jacome and Hurley and late goal by Egle
    Our NC$$ losing streak continues.

Leave a comment:

• Bill'70
    replied
    On USCHO simulated tourney BC took out Cornell to go to F4 Tech lost to Mass 4-3 despite early goals by Jacome and Hurley and late goal by Egle

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoTech16
    replied
    On CHN, the staff are making a NCAA D1 men's tournament simulation. I looked at all the games, and some things were very interesting. Arizona State beats Minnesota Duluth 5-3 in the semis. (lol) Although when it came to Clarkson, who probally would have played UMass, they lost to the Minutemen 4-2, and they actully stated every player who scores, with Tsekos in on the 2 goals. In the simulation, only North Dakota has so far made it to the Frozen Four. Cornell faces Boston College, Denver faces Arizona State, and Minnesota State plays Penn State. Those matchups are the reginal finals that have not been posted.

Leave a comment:

• cutothefrozen4
    replied
    Going to have to wait and see on transfers, I bet we lose 2 at minimum from what I’ve heard. Defense is losing a lot of experience, Taylor has to come in, Power is the gem of the class, Beck might have the most upside and Pasanen is another guy that will help the defensive depth, I believe all 4 come in, and if McCarthy bolts we might have the least experienced backend in the country, couple that with either a freshman goalie or an unproven senior goalie. Hurley is going to have to become more consistent, Underwood will need to improve his offensive output, McFaul is going to have to build on the progress he made during the season. It’d be huge it McCarthy comes back and I tend to think he will, especially in terms of the PP. If he does they might just accelerate Trey Taylor, who knows but 5 freshman D would be something to see.

Clarkson is going to be great down the middle with Dunne and Tsekos as the top two line centers. I believe Alex Campbell will find a spot in that top 6 and then there will be decisions needed for the top 6 wingers with Jacome probably the only surefire, Gosselin would be but the experiment with him on center was interesting. Hopefully Gosselin and Romano have huge second years like I know they can, easier said then done. Also expect a lot of the seniors who have experienced a lot through their first 3 years, the senior leadership of Cooper, Jacome, MacLean, Tsekos will be needed to be relied upon, they understand our culture and will have to help these young guys push along.

I wonder if Latinovich decides to use his grad year elsewhere, if that’s the case I don’t think it’d be terrible. We’d probably have a three way competition with Haider, Mucitelli, Oldham. Another year of juniors isn’t going to hurt Haider or Mucitelli either but with them both having similarly below average USHL numbers I can’t even predict how it plays out. Goalie is truly a unique position with this transfer portal era and the second there’s adversity they have alternatives now, Casey seems to like to ride one goalie, I feel that won’t be the case this upcoming season, especially if the plan is Haider - Mucitelli - Oldham which may force him to think harder about this decision. I will add though that I believe Haider has the potential to be a great day one starter if the unit in front of him is good enough, he was on one of the worst USHL teams which didn’t help his cause.

Traditional transfers and grad transfers are a huge advantage for a program like ours and we’ve already seen this staff welcomes that. Half of our league doesn't even have the option of taking in grad transfers so we pounce on it and have benefitted. That’s a developing scenario though as most quality players in the portal have multiple offers and most transfer portal entrants will take visits before deciding.
    Last edited by cutothefrozen4; 03-28-2020, 12:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daredevilcu
    replied
    Dunne decided to come back to school, so that's one signing that probably would have happened which now isn't. He was the biggest target - McCarthy is a good player but I don't know if he's quite ready for the next step yet. Puck-handling and poise in traffic isn't the greatest.

Leave a comment:

• Bill'70
    replied
    On USCHO there is a list of senior signings which is long but has no Tech players Wonder why ?

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    Congrats to Zach Tsekos, the ECAC Student Athlete of the Year

https://www.ecachockey.com/men/2019-..._-_Men-s_SAOTY

Congrats to Josh Dunn, the ECAC Gladiator Best Defensive Forward

https://www.ecachockey.com/men/2019-...ensive_Forward

Congrats to Frank Marotte, the ECAC Ken Dryden Goaltender of the Year

https://www.ecachockey.com/men/2019-...19_-_Men-s_GOY

Leave a comment:

• vicb
    replied
    ECAC All-League- Congrats to the following Knights.

1st team
    Frank Marotte
    2nd Team
    Connor McCarthy
    3rd Team
    Haralds Egle
    Josh Dunn
    Devin Brosseau

https://www.ecachockey.com/men/2019-...l-League_Teams

Leave a comment:

Working...
X