No announcement yet.

Clarkson Men's Hockey 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Alaska Anchorage coming to Cheel next year? If they are, that pretty much completes NC. Unless if a NC team is coming to Cheel for Cogo. That just leaves out exhibition. Denver, SCS, Omaha, and Colorado College all releases schedules today, aswell as the NCHC conference schedule.

Comment

Who is Clarkson playing in exhibition?

Comment

Yes I’ve indicated this, only 3 more question marks. We play Vermont a lot, I hope we don’t owe Holy Cross a game but we just may and they would make sense for the Providence game more so then Vermont, still probably will play both. @ Arizona State x 2 is confirmed, Michigan Tech returning for 2 was confirmed by their coach mid-year, the Wisconsin tourney has been confirmed, UAA and Curley x2 at Cheel is what I’ve heard, pretty reliable this late in the process. Providence was confirmed, 9 filled, the 3 assumptions left which I’ve given my guess of @ SLU for 1, @ UVM for 1, and @ Holy Cross for 1.

Things happen with scheduling, we don’t have an adequate partner in SLU to draw those four year arrangements with Wisconsin. Clarkson also is now a consistently good program that’s extremely difficult to get to and plays in a building where it’s not easy to get wins. It makes much more sense for those B1G teams to schedule local teams like Minnesota does a lot or Atlantic Hockey cupcakes like Penn State. NCHC schools don’t have the same budget in some regards, Western and CC have travelled up here but I doubt we see No Dak, UMD come up here again and I can’t remember if Denver, Miami, Omaha, St Cloud ever have. The upper echelon of HE will probably want 2 for 1s and they can shove it if they expect that, Providence is the exception and I think Nate is very smart with scheduling us as we are a different type of team compared to what they usually see, it helped them getting a few peaks at us two years ago.

Comment

In terms of how this effects Clarkson, it’s a very real possibility that HC, SLU x3, UAA x2, Vermont are terrible once again next season. Arizona State looks like they should be solid again and are very tough to beat at Oceanside Arena, Wisconsin who knows, a lot of talent, not much use of it and bad goaltending but they’ll have a lot of new guys this next year. Michigan Tech should be improved and top 4 in WCHA. UConn loses a lot but will probably be in the 30-45 Pairwise range. We are going to be a young team once again, especially in certain critical areas. The easier games might not be a bad thing if we can gel early on and get the confidence up. How the freshman D and G adjust to our systems and to the college level will be telling early on. Put Campbell with Dunne and just let them go.

Comment

Re UAA, with the future of college hockey in Alaska being very much in doubt, perhaps the games would allow us to get a good look at a player(s) who might become available down the road.

Comment

On the Clarkson Men's Hockey Instagram, they have announced they will release the 2020-2021 schedule SOON. This might only be the home schedule, but thats what Instagram has said. https://www.instagram.com/p/B-3E9s7JbgO/

Comment

Any rumors about landing a transfer since we have had good luck two years in a row?

Comment

Egle signs a 2 year contract with the Manitoba Moose.
                  https://moosehockey.com/news/moose-signings-april2120/

Comment

It was announced today that SLU is hosting Bowling Green once. Anybody thing BG is coming to Clarkson as well?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoTech16 View Post
                      It was announced today that SLU is hosting Bowling Green once. Anybody thing BG is coming to Clarkson as well?
                      No

Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                      If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

If the season doesn't start until January, just the 22 game (11 weekends) ECAC schedule?
                        CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          If the season doesn't start until January, just the 22 game (11 weekends) ECAC schedule?
                          Well if that is the case that there are no interleague games, I wonder how you go about choosing the 16 teams for the NC$$ Tourney?
                          6 Leagues: Regular Season Champ + Conf champ gives you any where from 6 to 12 depending on whether the Regular Season Champ and Conf Champ are the same or different.
                          If the same team wins both use the Conf Champ runnerup or Regular Season Runnerup to get to 12? Use the old smoke filled room to fill out the field to 12 or 16?
                          Have a 12 team tourney, 2 teams from each conf get in. 6 Conf Champs get a by. 6 teams random draw split into 2 divisions of 3 teams. 3 teams play each other, best record wins and gets you to 8 teams. Random draw to see who plays who and who gets home ice? Best of 3 games weekend series to get to Frozen Four?

Lots of questions on this one.

On the womens side you have the 4 established leagues + the new NEWHA. Do you include the NEWHA or take a pass on them and play with 2 representatives from each of the 4 Leagues? Same 8 team tourney you have now but you let the league decide who gets the home game, the League Champ or Tourney Champ and if one team wins both who the 2nd team will be? Random draw for matchups, 2 teams from the same league cannot play each other in the first round.
                          Vicb

Fan of the 2014 , 2017 & 2018 NC$$ Women's Div I Hockey National Champions http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif
                          If Union can do it, why can't CCT http://letsgotech.com/roundtable/cor...om/lgtanim.gif

Comment

I would assume the 2 games at ASU next year would be January 29th and 30th, since only 4 teams play that weekend (ECAC). It would be around the same time the teams played last year at Cheel.

Comment

any pictures updates on Cheel??

Comment

I imagine it was stopped like the rest of the state 6 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X