Where should the ECAC tourney be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should the ECAC tourney be?

If it were up to you, where would the tourney be?
    Alabany
    11.43%
    Lake Placid
    57.14%
    Boston
    2.86%
    Rotating between locations (specify)
    17.14%
    Other (specify)
    11.43%

Boston, so I could actually go to it! I am one of the car-less.
    TCS '96, CU '00

Comment

Rotate between Boston, Lake Placid and Albany. Attendance will be about the same and it will give teams incentive to play well.
      If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture.

Comment

Even though Albany is closer to me (close enough that I could get away w/o hotel), I loved LP! The whole atmoshpere was about hockey. I do think that they started taking us for granted up there, with 3 night minimun stays, high rates, etc., but it was always a fun trip for me and the family. Besides when you think of Lake Placid, you think of Hockey. When you think of Albany you think of __________?

Comment

Makes me think of armpits.
          TCS '96, CU '00

Comment

Armpits, yes armpits! If you're going to consider putting the tourney on the fringe area of the conference in Boston, how about Hartford or even NYC. Princeton, Q, and Yale are all within an hour of NYC and I would love to see the games at MSG or even the Continental. The ECAC tourney usually grabs about 7000 - 8000 for the championship game, so I'm not sure MSG would touch it, especially with the Big East BB Tourney and the NIT finals already making scheduling for the Knicks and Rangers a bit difficult.

Comment

I say Albany is good b/c it is no more than 4 hours from any of the member schools and at the intersection of 2 major highways. Granted, I'm sure LP was a great place to see a game, but it's not the easiest area to get to and has a much smaller capacity than the T-U Arena. Just my two cents.

Comment

MSG...they'll get more exposure that way. Although I think the Frozen Four should REALLY be in NYC!!

Can't have the ECACs in Boston, they left there because of the conflict with HE, since HE got preferred treatment and better coverage.

LP is okay. I can't think of Albany as a "destination." Besides, it's too close to Troy, which literally stinks.
                Rich S

Comment

Alabany . Close to all the schools, media market (at least more than LP), and it is not a resort! Hotels in LP are $$$$, Albany $$.
                  CCT '77 & '78

Comment

Appleton.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Appleton.
                      Tim, you are so predictable... as soon as I saw you had answered the poll, I knew what your answer was. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing the tourney at Walker though. I'm sure the important (read as those who don't root for Cornell or RIP) fans would get tickets.

Comment

For "Home Ice" Lake Placid.
                        For ease and last minute plans, Albany.
                        For things to do Beantown.
                        2013 Pick to Click Champion

Comment

S.Hagwell say ALBANY!

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...date=3/18/2007

Comment

Remember, though, they said something similar about keeping the tournament in Lake Placid. Then only a year or two later, it was off to the Capital Region.

And hey, in Lake Placid, when it snows they have a place to put the stuff!

Did anyone else notice the banner that read "Home of ECAC Hockey" hanging from the rafters of the TUC? I don't quite know where it should be, but it didn't feel like there.

Edit: The league orifices - er, offices - are at the Times-Union Center.
                            Last edited by Todd '86; 03-20-2007, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Albany is easier to get to for me, but Lake Placid has the best atmosphere. Boston was great, too, but now that the Garden is gone, it wouldn't be the same. LP has my vote.
                              If your throat doesn't bleed, you're not yelling loud enough!

Comment

Working...
                              X