Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds as if we really got screwed there at the end.
    2006 Badger Showdown Champions
    Regular Season Champions: '01, '99, '97, '95, '91, '82, '81, '77, '66
    League Tournament Champions: '07, '99, '93, '91, '66
    NCAAs: '07, '99, '98, '97, '96, '95, '93, '92, '91, '90, '84, '82, '81, '70, '66, '63, '62, '58, '57
    NCAA 3rd Place Finish: '91, '63. '57
    NCAA 2nd Place Finish: '70, '66, '62
    NCAA Champions: '08

Comment

We are now to close to 6th and no home ice. Well, now they are saying there is question about O-F and Poapst about whether they will be in the game next week or not.

Cornell loses (Palahickey?). Two for Clarkson and one for Cornell. Knights back at .500 and home for final weekend. We could fall as far as 6th place. We are in the playoffs, but could still lose home ice. Knights tied for 2nd place with Harvard. We lost to Vermont this year, so we could use all our players. If nothing else happens, we will have all our players for Dartmouth.

Faceoff : 7pm Vermont Catamounts

See you there.
      2006 Badger Showdown Champions
      Regular Season Champions: '01, '99, '97, '95, '91, '82, '81, '77, '66
      League Tournament Champions: '07, '99, '93, '91, '66
      NCAAs: '07, '99, '98, '97, '96, '95, '93, '92, '91, '90, '84, '82, '81, '70, '66, '63, '62, '58, '57
      NCAA 3rd Place Finish: '91, '63. '57
      NCAA 2nd Place Finish: '70, '66, '62
      NCAA Champions: '08

Comment

It is my understanding that this is Kevin's second DQ this season; therefore, he will be obligated to miss Clarkson's next TWO games, both UVM and Dartmouth. I believe that this is Matt Poapst's first DQ, so he should only be required to miss the Friday night game. Frustration and anger took over before the game ended. What a tragedy for the Golden Knights as they fight for home-ice advantage in the playoffs.

On a positive note, it was great to have Robbie McFeeters score a goal last night, and Jay Latulippe's break-away goal must have been awesome to watch. Jay is fast, skillful, and ever-so talented.

We have one week to put it all together. LET'S GO TECHERS.

Comment

I was at the game last night and the referring was absolutly terrible....Cook from Cornell should have been called about 6 different times for holding or high sticking, but he was never called. Also, I heard that they DQ's to O'F and Poaspt were going to be reviewed by the ECAC commissioner, but the tape that was recording the game ended with just over a minute left to go....THAT IS ABSOLUTLY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

The knights played extremely well in the 1st and 2nd period, in order for us to believe that they were two comparable teams on the ice especially since the amount of penalties that should have been called on Cornell.....the knights kept their cool and until the end of the 3rd, played well. I can understand why they lost it at the end of the 3rd because the Clarkson fans were losing it as well...it was heartbreaking to watch.
          Also, cornell's fans were wild last night, (like always), it is pretty neat to see how the ENTIRE ARENA gets into it....I sat near young kids and they were even screaming. However, I don't really like when it goes too far, there was a bunch of times when some of the townies started swearing and critizing to the extent that i was embarassed to be around them....that is going too far.

Anyways, we will have to wait and see if O'F and Poapst actually get kicked out for 1 (or 2 games for O'Flaherty) because it needs to be reviewed and hopefully Cornell had another tape that actually let the game finish without cutting out.

Also, we lost Randy Jones to a concussion and I don't know if he will be back this weekend......hopefully.....
          Tim B.

Comment

Working...
          X