Clarkson @ Union 3/5/2005 ECACHL Round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrap up

Just got home from an OT and two shoot out Peewee game. Saw the great news, now can someone put this game in a nutshell for me?

Great to win and advance to lynah but I doubt the red are worried about us....and that suits me just fine! But I bet Schafer will push the right buttons this week.
    Rich S

Comment

• Good knight, Eric and Alicia--glad you could be here on the Roundtable with us. Yes, we were at Union for the Friday and Saturday knight games. One was great--the other was not.

Bob Ahlfeld is going to call his boss and ask for the day off tomorrow. Shouldn't we all do that after what we have endured this weekend?

For all those who voted for Shawn Weller to score the winning goal, including my husband, congratulations on your excellent choice. Both teams must have played their hearts out this weekend, but Clarkson has bigger, harder working hearts.

FINAL SCORE CLARKSON 4 union 3

OUR KNIGHTS ARE AWESOME, AND THEN SOME

Comment

• Wow, what a game and series. Congrats to Clarkson and good luck in Ithaca.

BTW, Union is now 2-16-0 all-time in ECAC playoff games. That's an "impressive" 11.1 winning %. The soon-to-be retired, misguided, and traitor named Roger Hull must be heartbroken and disappointed that his team has fallen far short of his 40% goal.. I am delighted that he will be getting a retirement cake with 11.1 candles on it, so he can send a photo of it to his best buddy, John McCardell.

Go NC teams next weekend.

Brian
        SLU '76

Comment

• Originally posted by Stemmer
          Great to win and advance to lynah but I doubt the red are worried about us....and that suits me just fine! But I bet Schafer will push the right buttons this week.
          Yeah, Rich, I'm afraid you're right -- our success of last year will make it doubly tough this year.

Comment

• Challenge

Bill,

The bigger the challenge, the sweeter the victory will taste!

Here's the story I just got in my email. Thi sguy tries hard but he's not much of a sportswriter.

http://www.clarksonintegrator.com/ne...ml?mkey=643784

Hate to be critical but I cover HS sports for my local paper, part time and it helps to know the "lingo" of the sport!
            Rich S

Comment

• YES!!

I just returned home from the game. Wow, what a finish. What a weekend. Quite a few of us started to think about a 2nd OT. What a feeling to see that puck hit the back of the net!

We had very loyal fans at the game this weekend, including two pep band members that stayed for Game #3. This is my first time watching Clarkson play three knights in a row. Time to let the voice recover..

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie Knight
                My husband tells me that Shawn Weller will probably get the Clarkson winning goal....so Shawn has several votes.
                Can your husband pick some lottery numbers for me?

LGT!!

Comment

• Monday, March 7, 2005 10 AM

Mike,

If David possessed that kind of extra sensory perception when it came to choosing lottery numbers, yes, he would be very happy to help you out with the lottery. Unfortunately, he wins very little. When I asked him who his choice would be for scoring Clarkson's winning goal, he automatically said Shawn Weller. He probably made that selection because we have watched Shawn play all year, and we realized his productivity had not reached anywhere near his potential.

In the post-game interview with Gary Mikel and George Roll, George commented that Shawn had played well in every single game. George also gave credit to Union for working so hard. George felt this third game was the one we should have won because Clarkson played so hard. From what Bob said, the Golden Knights were more aggressive in the third game. In addition, George credited Dustin with making some great saves to keep us in the game.

ON TO ITHACA AND MORE DILIGENT WORK BY THE GOLDEN KNIGHTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stemmer
                    Bill,

The bigger the challenge, the sweeter the victory will taste!

Here's the story I just got in my email. Thi sguy tries hard but he's not much of a sportswriter.

http://www.clarksonintegrator.com/ne...ml?mkey=643784

Hate to be critical but I cover HS sports for my local paper, part time and it helps to know the "lingo" of the sport!
                    Yes, I agree, but you have to take into consideration that this story hit the internet about 15 minutes after the game was over, so he was under some time pressure!!

Comment

Working...
                    X