Erik Cole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Cole

Erik Cole was traded to Edmonton today........just saw it on the NHL Network.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?...ticleid=367303

This trade stinks for E. Edm is like Siberia in the NHL.
    Rich S

Comment

Audio interview (long, includes conversation with Gilbert Brule who was also traded to Edmonton):
      http://oilers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...id=98&iid=6331

And maybe something Oilers fans can look forward to:
      http://oilers.nhl.tv/team/launch.htm...96&event=WSH15

Comment

Rutherford has lost his mind!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Rutherford has lost his mind!!!
          He may have. E is one of the top power forwards in the NHL!
          Rich S

Comment

Don't usually post articles already linked from ECAC hockey, but this was a particularly good one...
            http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...e5d7bccb7c&p=1

You learn to play the game a certain way, and if that style's been successful and you've come all this way, it's hard to change," Cole said earlier this week as he skated with several other NHLers at Kinsmen Arena, preparing for the opening of the Oilers' main training camp on Friday, Sept. 19.
            "I've always played a hard-nosed style

Comment

E got the game's first goal last Knight.

Other than that, the game stunk...from a Rangers' fan point of view.
              Rich S

Comment

Big Knight for E!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxscore...gid=2008122806
                Rich S

Comment

On a big trade day for CCT alumni, Cole is headed back to Carolina.

Comment

I can picture the conversation in the Cole household:

"Um, honey? You know how we just got settled into our new place here in Edmonton? Yeah, uh, we're moving back...." (then ducks as decorative "Welcome to Alberta" dish whizzes past his currently-unhelmeted cranium).

I know the fans back in Carolina will gladly welcome him back into the fold.
                    Last edited by Todd '86; 03-05-2009, 08:29 AM. Reason: Corrected city. In hockey, never confuse Calgary with Edmonton....

Comment

Originally posted by Todd '86 View Post
                      I can picture the conversation in the Cole household:

"Um, honey? You know how we just got settled into our new place here in Calgary?
                      Played for Edmonton & lived in Calgary?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Played for Edmonton & lived in Calgary?
                        Nice catch - edited. Hey at least the dish is still the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd '86 View Post
                          Nice catch - edited. Hey at least the dish is still the same!
                          Couldn't resist, Todd
                          I do have the advantage of spending many, many days in Alberta when we were building in Red Deer, plus I'm half Canadian, so do have an advantage on the geography. Probably flew into Calgary and drove up to Red Deer a hundred times or so in my career. Also flew into Edmonton many times for talks and discussions with the Alberta government folks. Was at Northlands to see the Oilers bring out their second cup against Philly.
                          Also had many ski days up there, as you can't get back to New York from Calgary in time to work ( I never did the redeye but once, and that was enough), so might as well take Friday and Saturday to go to the hill and fly back home on Sunday!!!

Comment

Guarantee that E is thrilled to be back in Carolina. He's just in time to help the Canes' playoff push but hopefully not ahead of my Rangers!!
                            Rich S

Comment

So much for that thought. Cole's solid game the other night helped them jump over the Rangers.

But good for him; he looked right at home playing with Staal. And Versus duly noted where he played his college hockey.
                              Rich S

Comment

Working...
                              X